• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

8 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

I believe that it is a limited presentation of 500 for the 5oz and 225 for the 10oz.

Thanks. I can see it on the website now. No idea how I couldnt see it before! I think I have been staring at a screen too much today

It's 506 and 231 for the 10oz and 5oz respectively for the maximum mintage.

43 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I am sure the answer is in this thread somewhere, but can anyone remember if the portrait version is Monday 7th March ?

Only heard March being mentioned not a specific date.

im still waiting on quartered arms silver. Would not be surprised if things get pushed back!

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

Only heard March being mentioned not a specific date.

im still waiting on quartered arms silver. Would not be surprised if things get pushed back!

I think I remembered seeing something for those who ordered the continuation sets, saying when it would be dispatched.

I didn't get a continuation and like yourself, still waiting for the quartered arms.

I am perry sure I did see a specific date mentioned somewhere. It could be it's just ptsd 😉

https://coins.ha.com/itm/great-britain/world-coins/great-britain-victoria-proof-gothic-crown-1847-pr63-cameo-ngc-/a/3097-30261.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

"Plain Edge" original Gothic Crown ending with Heritage auction in USA later today, in six hours 

Already at three times its estimate, before live bidding has commenced

10 minutes ago, Paul said:

https://coins.ha.com/itm/great-britain/world-coins/great-britain-victoria-proof-gothic-crown-1847-pr63-cameo-ngc-/a/3097-30261.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

"Plain Edge" original Gothic Crown ending with Heritage auction in USA later today, in six hours 

https://coins.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=3184+793+794+791+1577+792+2088+4294942563&Ntk=SI_Titles&Nty=1&Ntt=Great+Britain+gothic&ic4=KeywordSearch-A-K-071316

There's a few other Gothic's in the same sale on the above link to 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

It is stunning 😍

Screenshot_20220110-185509_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f83bd0a70d332810a5f15b0eb6a893da.jpgScreenshot_20220110-185445_Chrome.thumb.jpg.141a5ae7b6175bdcaa5d6a8560d0fa25.jpg

This might sound a stupid idea but I love the piedfort set and coins and I’ve purchased 2 sets would it be a bad idea getting all the coins in the set graded ? 

Just now, Alz111 said:

This might sound a stupid idea but I love the piedfort set and coins and I’ve purchased 2 sets would it be a bad idea getting all the coins in the set graded ? 

Sorry wrong thread 🤦🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, Paul said:

Half hour till it goes live...... Tick tick, tick tick

6 hours ago, Paul said:

Must be the hyper-inflationary environment grappling my brain, but that still sounds cheap to me (not that I could afford that, unless moved into a camper van - hey wait now that's a thought....). 😅 😅

Glorious coin imo.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I’ve noticed auction houses usually have very conservative (low) estimates. so it makes it look like realized prices are 2x and 3x times the estimates. Also seems like a strategy draw in more bidders, because many then can’t back out once they’ve mentally and emotionally got themselves into bidding.

Having said all that… **** those are some amazing Gothic Crowns. 😍

5 hours ago, Paul said:

Half hour till it goes live...... Tick tick, tick tick

Finished at $132'000 incl premium => roughly GBP97k. 

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My Gothic Crown order has been moved to closed orders today by the looks of things.

No dispatch email, but I don't seem to get them anymore.

I am hoping it hasn't been cancelled. I will log on to a desktop later to check for the tracking info.

Hopefully it's coming tomorrow. It's been a long wait!

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

My Gothic Crown order has been moved to closed orders today by the looks of things.

I am hoping it hasn't been cancelled. I will log on to a desktop later to check for the tracking info.

Be right back🏃‍♂️

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

If it is cancelled it will say £0 on the order total. If it states the price, i.e £260 or whatever, you should be good

11 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

If it is cancelled it will say £0 on the order total. If it states the price, i.e £260 or whatever, you should be good

Looks like it's being dispatched soon based on the mobile site.

168254738_Screenshot_20220111-185028_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9e5ea0066ce2034bedd6c3f2344c5709.jpg

They haven't taken the money yet, very excited to get them soon.