• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

Just now, magpie79 said:

“Like rats deserting a sinking ship”

springs to mind after seeing all the secondary sales today 

Well that’s enough philosophy from me today 

am off to sainsburys to find something else to moan about 😂 

Take the crown with you and for research purposes ask fellow shoppers their thoughts?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

12 minutes ago, James32 said:

Take the crown with you and for research purposes ask fellow shoppers their thoughts?

a sort of 8 out 10 would recommend survey?

i cant push my luck in there they have only just let me back in 😅

now i just need to remember where the protein powder and bum roll is stacked. maybe i can ask! 😅

Edited by magpie79

3 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

a sort of 8 out 10 would recommend survey?

i cant push my luck in there they have only just let me back in 😅

now i just need to remember where the protein powdered and bum roll is stacked. maybe i can ask! 😅

🤣🤣😂 I think you should go get your supplies and run ( not walk) straight up to the tills with your basket/trolly and slam your gothic down on the counter and say "take that as payment".....then gracefully head for the carpark 😁

If you're not arrested then we can be sure the coin is a winner.

1 minute ago, James32 said:

🤣🤣😂 I think you should go get your supplies and run ( not walk) straight up to the tills with your basket/trolly and slam your gothic down on the counter and say "take that as payment".....then gracefully head for the carpark 😁

i will let you know how it goes 😅 

i can always use the "well james told me to do it" excuse 

It's just a bad time, everyone's skint and far too many instant flippers. The market is flooded so the price is bound to weaken. The dealers selling low is irrelevant, they are essentially flippers and need to keep stock moving, just responding to the market conditions.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

33 minutes ago, James32 said:

Guys, come to Berlin. I accept every payment with Gothic Crowns. Because you are from the silverforum i would accept Graces, Unas, QB's, Tudor's, Britannias, Sovereigns too. No Bunc, Lunar, Snowman, Music Legends and Diversity coins. I would give you also the best exchange rate from £ to € in the World and no hidden extra fees. And you will not get arrested. If you want to pay for something with a 5000£ gold Gothic, i would pay for your flight and would carry your groceries back to UK. No extra fees. Isn't that awesome?

Belatedly checking the chards gothic crowns.

If seems like they have two different versions of the 2oz Gothic. One is for £780

https://www.chards.co.uk/2021-great-engravers-gothic-crown-2-ounce-silver-proof-coin/15692

And a "preowned"

https://www.chards.co.uk/2021-two-ounce-silver-proof-gothic-crown-pre-owned/15764

Presumably the preowned was the one going for £400?

20 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Belatedly checking the chards gothic crowns.

If seems like they have two different versions of the 2oz Gothic. One is for £780

https://www.chards.co.uk/2021-great-engravers-gothic-crown-2-ounce-silver-proof-coin/15692

And a "preowned"

https://www.chards.co.uk/2021-two-ounce-silver-proof-gothic-crown-pre-owned/15764

Presumably the preowned was the one going for £400?

Yes, it was the preowned. So someone sold it for less than 400 to them. Maybe i'm paranoid, but why should someone sell a problem free Gothic for less than 400?

9 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Yes, it was the preowned. So someone sold it for less than 400 to them. Maybe i'm paranoid, but why should someone sell a problem free Gothic for less than 400?

I'm in the same mind....but was it 100% problem free?? If so why???? Would it be sold for such a lower price,if the coins are in the same condition without any problems how can the dealer sell them with such a big price gap???? Bit strange imo!

12 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

My thoughts exactly. Presumably a chunk less than 400, plus the vat someone said on the profit. Perhaps its a loss leader?

I don't think, they would offer buy backs as new ones, even in great condition. I was thinking about to buy this one, even with german VAT added. But i didn't, cause i don't know why someone should sell it for this little money at the moment. And 460 is another Alderney PR70 problem free two coin set 

I feel like some people may be overthinking it, I don't think the single coins are overly valuable on their own especially the quartered arms as its a 2 part coin. I think if I could only have one it would be the Victoria head as they will be much more limited in availability due to most people buying continuations.

I think expectations have been through the roof to the point we see an instant 100% profit as an abject failure.

That said maybe I'm wrong but at least if I'm left bag holding it will be with some very pretty coins

34 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I feel like some people may be overthinking it, I don't think the single coins are overly valuable on their own especially the quartered arms as its a 2 part coin. I think if I could only have one it would be the Victoria head as they will be much more limited in availability due to most people buying continuations.

I think expectations have been through the roof to the point we see an instant 100% profit as an abject failure.

That said maybe I'm wrong but at least if I'm left bag holding it will be with some very pretty coins

Well said

Will the release in the upcoming months of Queen Victoria gothick crown set really increase the value of the  first quartered arms release???? I see sellers selling the first edition for the quartered Arms at a   a lower price..and some dealers lowering their prices on this first edition....makes me think that these coins are not as popular and sought after as they should be....is this release a bummer or will they increase in value in the next 5-10 years??????

39 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Will the release in the upcoming months of Queen Victoria gothick crown set really increase the value of the  first quartered arms release???? I see sellers selling the first edition for the quartered Arms at a   a lower price..and some dealers lowering their prices on this first edition....makes me think that these coins are not as popular and sought after as they should be....is this release a bummer or will they increase in value in the next 5-10 years??????

I am expecting a graded 70 set in silver to have a floor of about 1500 and rise from there, graded gold 30k ish+. Graded Plain edge gold set, could (probably will imo) fly. 

Edited by SilverMike

Do you ever wish you never looked at you coins with a loupe ? I clearly live on the edge on a Friday night!

The 10oz, has some dings on the rim. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I think I am mostly OK with it, considering it's the rim and doesn't really detract from the coin.

However, as its quite expensive part of me isn't so sure if I should be accepting of it. 

I am considering grading them, but not so sure anyway. The hassle for one. Presumably dings on the rim would effect the grade?

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Obviously I would prefer a perfect example but as always not sure if I would get a replacement.

All said, I do think the RM have done a good job with these coins, therefore don't feel as annoyed as I normally would be. Perhaps I am mellowing in my old age.

1 hour ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

I think if this set is a bummer then the mint are ****ed because this was the most anticipated coin of the year. I think a lot of these coins have fallen into the hands of flippers rather than collectors which has caused an initial flood of the used market...Still at a very good profit mind

1 hour ago, SilverMike said:

I am expecting a graded 70 set in silver to have a floor of about 1500 and rise from there, graded gold 30k ish+. Graded Plain edge gold set, could (probably will imo) fly. 

I guess that is a great return if you grade and pay all the fees! But alot of people do not want to grade so have to accept the value of their raw coins n except a devaluation on their original purchase price....

17 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I think if this set is a bummer then the mint are ****ed because this was the most anticipated coin of the year. I think a lot of these coins have fallen into the hands of flippers rather than collectors which has caused an initial flood of the used market...Still at a very good profit mind

My opinion...I vantage stand flippers..they are not coin collectors  do not appreciate the beauty of these coins..just want to make a few hundred pounds on the flip....Guess they are poor and desperate for a little profit..🤢🤢🤢

4 minutes ago, Jeffers46 said:

Agree with you James.

Don’t we all buy any coin with the hope of it rising in value, be it straight away or over time? Whether you sell it now, in 10 years time or decide to hand it to your children, the assumption we all make is that it will be more valuable at that point. So what difference does it ultimately make?

I don’t get the animosity on here towards people that sell their coin immediately. Who cares? Once you own it you are free to do with it as you please. Likewise if you don’t own it you are free to pay asking price or leave it. It’s down to you as an individual, freedom coinsters, freedom. We are blessed to have just to have this opportunity.

After all, we can’t take our coins with us when we pop our clogs. 

Well said 👍