• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

2 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

They should be pretty much perfect - especially the coin itself; the coin should be issue free. The capsule should also be issue free but if that’s damaged it’s replaceable unlike the coin itself

So faint scratches on polished area under magnification are a hell nooooo ? 

Return it is then 😤

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I posted these pics earlier in the 'Today I received' thread, but thought I'd share here too to answer some questions.

9643A11D-D2A9-492A-ADB8-C8265B31BA8F.thumb.jpeg.45dc6011c86552501b125672b27f0392.jpeg.96f2571c6d06f9e64100a7898cf91930.jpeg

CECAB60B-F605-4AC3-BD7B-2390D814BFD7.thumb.jpeg.53339d14a404cbd7d3c300ebdb50e5d7.jpeg.a1777fcafa226ef52e3ec897d4ef57c2.jpeg

CF8CE338-ABA1-4292-AFEB-C7A8D187F1C0.thumb.jpeg.7036ce17b87dd939cfcad0e862395cdb.jpeg.daa1538b94970ef34bdb2774d20a722a.jpeg

For anyone who is concerned regarding their order:

I ordered the Full Sovereign and 3-Coin set.
Both ordered before 9am.
Payment has been taken in full now and order shows closed 

Also worth noting that I had two seperate Royal Mail tracking numbers / emails and they arrived in seperate parcels (at the same time ofc).

All in all, I'm extremely happy with this release. I had a quick look at them up close with a loupe and couldn't see any major imperfections on the coins, just some scratches on the capsule and some dust / lint. 

Edited by Deathace

Royal Mail dispatch notification from Royal Mint delivery tomorrow!

Not my 5 coin set as that is DHL and will be Monday....

Still not a penny taken from my bank account for ANY of the coins I bought.....

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Just now, BackyardBullion said:

Still nothing from the mint 2x 3 coin sets and 2 full sovs, got a 5 coin set coming from Chards soon. 

1 minute ago, apachebleu said:

Well it's a gorgeous set, beautiful presentation but sadly got a ding in the double sovereign.

Maybe I was expecting too much but the capsules were greasy and covered in fingerprints

20211119_153728.jpg

Maybe this is the real reason for each mintage quantity being 100 more than it needed to be!

15 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Hopefully the payment does go 

or the rumours will start 😂 

3 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Hopefully the payment does go 

or the rumours will start 😂 

Ah, just worked out what is coming tomorrow....

The Print

Spends £8000 and all I get is a A4 Printed piece of paper

Well, technically I haven't spent anything yet...

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

27 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING.... What's the best thing to do with a 5-coin set with COA number 001?

don't get them graded

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

32 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING.... What's the best thing to do with a 5-coin set with COA number 001?

Grade them on their own submission form in order so you get them numbered xxxxx01  to  xxxxx05

Get all 70 grade

keep as a serious trophy or pick your time to sell as a set

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

51 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

Not sure if you can photograph them and share? What’s the magnification you are using?

Will try later when I get a chance but nothing sophisticated and plane old magnifying 🔎 🤣

First time with proof sovereigns I'm afraid but has left a sour taste the way it arrived. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

54 minutes ago, Paul said:

Bye Bye - into safe storage you go - see you in 2026+ :( to review

This isn't going to do my OCD any good at all - todays 2022 sovereigns coins stored in a USA silver eagle tube ...grrrhhhh 

So they're not rolling round loose in your safe deposit box, fits the RM plastic capsules reasonably snugly - all kept together

IMG_2505.JPG

Well done Paul. I wish I had the same time on my hands to do this too 👌 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

15 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Grade them on their own submission form in order so you get them numbered xxxxx01  to  xxxxx05

Get all 70 grade

keep as a serious trophy or pick your time to sell as a set

Might have to buy them from her Maj..I would imagine she always gets

c.o.a No 1 🌝

36 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I hope this doesn't make it worse... but where were the full Sovereigns being sold for £545?

I haven't plundered an insider discount, the RRP was £585 for the full sovereign but i had an early £80 Christmas present/gift from a relative as apparently i'm "difficult person to buy for" so thought i would assign it to this 

So £40 has been deducted from each and the £80 will go towards my credit card bill.  

11 minutes ago, Paul said:

I haven't plundered an insider discount, the RRP was £585 for the full sovereign but i had an early £80 Christmas present/gift from a relative as apparently i'm "difficult person to buy for" so thought i would assign it to this 

So £40 has been deducted from each and the £80 will go towards my credit card bill.  

As a member well known for rampant consumerism, I find that hard to believe😁

Weren't you flogging your gift cards one year mate?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1 minute ago, Stu said:

As a member well known for rampant consumerism, I find that hard to believe😁

Weren't you flogging your gift cards one year mate?

:) thats a while ago you have a good memory! @Stu had a good few gift cards I moved on here helping follow out at Christmas from various birthdays and Christmas i just never spend - Minimalist lifestyle !