• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

15 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

I've just had a bullish thought for once! Am thinking a lot of flippers/collectors will cancel or return these coins/sets given the lead time, difficulty flipping and fomo wearing off etc.

Given the cutoff date of 31/12 presumably any returns will go straight in the pot leaving what remains of the mintage figures in relatively "strong hands"?

Is that a reasonable assumption?

Didn’t someone say that the RM has some dealer willing to buy the lot?

The RM may have a deal with that dealer to give them the remaining of the unsold max mintage after Dec 31.

The RM doesn’t care about selling below max mintage to increase rarity. If they have a confirmed standing order, they’ll be more than happy to fulfil it and meet their targeted profit based on the max mintage being sold.

Edited by westminstrel

I think the good part is the RM taking it off your CC right away now and it not dropping off. So they either need to pay it off in a month or wait till they arrive to try flip but will have paid some interest which will eat into profits.

13 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Nor that I can afford to purchase this coin, but I’m interested to know what this known flaw is that is common to both coins. Any details?

I got a PF 69 £5 Pattern Sovereign  (better than nothing :) ) and I would also be curious to know the details  

Edited by Frenchie

47 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

I think the good part is the RM taking it off your CC right away now and it not dropping off. So they either need to pay it off in a month or wait till they arrive to try flip but will have paid some interest which will eat into profits.

Thing is I’ve been burnt by RM charging me and not delivering for 6 months on various releases (I cancelled at that point because they still couldn’t give me a date), this affected my decision to cancel my sets too. I’m not paying for something and hoping to receive it again 🤷‍♂️ 

Hopefully they are now on top of these issues for all the other buyers. Fingers crossed 🤞 for all!

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Just now, MancunianStacker said:

Thing is I’ve been burnt by RM charging me and not delivering for 6 months on various releases (I cancelled at that point because they still couldn’t give me a date), this affected my decision to cancel my sets too. I’m not paying for something and hoping to receive it again 🤷‍♂️ 

Hopefully they are now on top of these issues for all the other buyers. Fingers crossed 🤞 for all!

Yes I agree on that point. How long you were waiting for some silver releases and how long some others were also waiting was a complete joke. As long as they turn up January I  will be happy but if I was waiting 6 months I would also cancel. Did you get any discount offered or anything for the wait?

9 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Selling things you haven't got in stock, may reignite a debate with a certain UK NW well regarded bullion dealer in years gone by.

Some who were perfectly happy with this practice and some the total opposite end of spectrum 

11 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

Yes I agree on that point. How long you were waiting for some silver releases and how long some others were also waiting was a complete joke. As long as they turn up January I  will be happy but if I was waiting 6 months I would also cancel. Did you get any discount offered or anything for the wait?

I didn’t get anything. I complained etc. I got a sorry and a sorry but we don’t know how long you will have to wait etc. 😞 

Hopefully they learnt.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

7 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

You know what, it really is a bargain. Check out Coin Cabinet sales recently. Plus, this coming auction on Tuesday there is a set being sold as individually graded (5, 2, 1/2 and 1/4 are PF70 and the 1 is PF69) coins. Current price (with the 6% buyers premium added) is…….

£17,225.00.

That is highly likely to rise as all the coins are currently below the level of previous sales.

In the previous month’s sale a similar graded set went for………..

£26,712.00 (The 5 went for £14,840 with the premium included).

Really hard to say, in my humble opinion, i'd say the price metnioned earlier is about market for the raw set - at 16/17k to cover for risk with grading, few thousand less if wanting to sell urgently and few thousand more if there is a keen buyer.

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

Nor that I can afford to purchase this coin, but I’m interested to know what this known flaw is that is common to both coins. Any details?

1 hour ago, Frenchie said:

I got a PF 69 £5 Pattern Sovereign  (better than nothing :) ) and I would also be curious to know the details  

A small spot on the obverse near the Queen's neck on the frosting. Would be interested to hear i yours has it also?

1 hour ago, Touvex said:

Really hard to say, in my humble opinion, i'd say the price metnioned earlier is about market for the raw set - at 16/17k to cover for risk with grading, few thousand less if wanting to sell urgently and few thousand more if there is a keen buyer.

A small spot on the obverse near the Queen's neck on the frosting. Would be interested to hear i yours has it also?

Questions…

I assume this is a “production defect” as it is seemingly affecting multiple coins, right?

And, based on my limited understanding of grading, it is only post production defects that are supposed to reduce the grade of a coin, right?

If so, then why is this flaw causing the coins to get a 69 and not a 70?

45 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

The reverse must be outstanding.

Well scrutinised for any defects.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

3 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Didn’t someone say that the RM has some dealer willing to buy the lot?

The RM may have a deal with that dealer to give them the remaining of the unsold max mintage after Dec 31.

The RM doesn’t care about selling below max mintage to increase rarity. If they have a confirmed standing order, they’ll be more than happy to fulfil it and meet their targeted profit based on the max mintage being sold.

I forgot about that, is it rumour or legit? If a dealer is underwriting this release I doubt they'd be paying much if anything over spot. Not bullish at all if true.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

On 17/11/2022 at 10:55, CaptCaveMan said:

So day two, currently remaining...

• Quarter: 1,154
  • Half: 485
  • Sovereign: 3,926
  • 3-Coin set: 20
  • Piedfort: 167
  • 5 Sovereign BU Matte: 174

Last Thursday you posted these numbers - if it’s not too much trouble could you please provide an update.  Thanks

2 hours ago, Touvex said:

Thanks, I'll check it

42 minutes ago, Sc391 said:

Last Thursday you posted these numbers - if it’s not too much trouble could you please provide an update.  Thanks

Here you go, numbers in brackets are the stock figures from 2 and 3 days ago:

• Quarter: 1134 (1147,1154)
  • Half: 437 (469,485)
  • Sovereign: 3864 (3914,3926)
  • 3-Coin set: 13 (25,20)
  • Piedfort: 164 (172,167)
  • 5 Sovereign BU Matte: 170 (172,174) 

Buy high. Sell low.

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

That's not @James32 in the boat, there's no hoover with him ;)

James at the helm, coming up the rear so to speak.

28 minutes ago, SheepStacker said:

Here you go, numbers in brackets are the stock figures from 2 and 3 days ago:

• Quarter: 1134 (1147,1154)
  • Half: 437 (469,485)
  • Sovereign: 3864 (3914,3926)
  • 3-Coin set: 13 (25,20)
  • Piedfort: 164 (172,167)
  • 5 Sovereign BU Matte: 170 (172,174) 

Thanks for the update.  I’m thinking of picking up an extra sov.  Slow now but too historic to think this won’t simmer a bit and then take off.

8 hours ago, Paul said:

Depends what starts selling/happening on feebay which looks like absolutely dead the past week 

OT apropos FleaBay there was a curious tidbit in the latest Coin News saying that Robert Parkinson, former Head of Auctions at Sovereign Rarities is moving over  in November to take over management of eBay's Coins and Bullion category for the UK. Says the article: "Robert will be looking after eBay's numismatic community and formulate working strategies for the future of the platform." 

Quote Robert: "I am excited for the new role and look forward to making eBay a more secure platform for numismatic trading."

--

Should be interesting to see if there's going to be a noticeable change!

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The fact that these are still available is crazy to me! Looking to pick up one of the proof sovs or half sovs.

I am moving out of the UK in late December, would the best thing be for me to post it to my future address in Canada giving the shipping window of 12 weeks?