• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

51 minutes ago, ant1882 said:

Nice coin, I have one but don't stack them as sovs are better value... can't beat £200 off though!

True but it just seems to me like the premiums on sovereigns currently aren't following the spot price I’ve become accustomed to paying £320-330 for a sovereign during lockdown so paying £370+ Isn’t something I'm prepared to do. 

6 minutes ago, Apmex100 said:

True but it just seems to me like the premiums on sovereigns currently aren't following the spot price I’ve become accustomed to paying £320-330 for a sovereign during lockdown so paying £370+ Isn’t something I'm prepared to do. 

1/12/21 Was the last time I had a price like that, £336 for a sovereign (£1430/Toz) when the gold price at the time was about £1342.

To me the premiums are comparable between now and then at around 6%.

This month's regular purchase was a George V Sovereign and a bit of small gold for the Nusantara stack, taking advantage of Tavex's low spreads on small fractionals. Maybe I'll pick up another cheeky sov or two here if they come up.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

On 24/10/2022 at 15:03, Apmex100 said:

Same here 

On 08/11/2022 at 22:21, Keithoil said:

Well done, Essendie, keep collecting.

Thanks 🙂

My plan for next year is 2oz gold & 1kg silver.

I've nearly got enough for the first 1/4oz of gold already.

I feel like I have picked up so many interesting coins (most are stack ones, but I also have a small list of coins I want to keep forever & got a couple of those, but no rare ones as of yet) in just one year - it's hard to believe this time last year the only coins I had were the change I kept to tip deliveroo & taxi drivers.

Thanks for that Essendie.

I still buy silver the Australian lunar series, but just cannot get hold of the 5 0z coins.

I also buy  pre 1920 and pre 1947 now and again.

I di buy two full sovereigns a while back at £312 each, but it is getting a tad expensive.

Good luck with your stacking/collecting for 2023.

Cheers 

Keith.

i just decided to get a tube of the 1 oz silver Myths & Legends 2023 King Arthur from Goldsilver.be. They work out at £23.04 with the delivery costs spread over several orders as i also called in all the other coins i was holding with them. 

1 oz silver MYTHS & LEGENDS 2022 £1 LITTLE JOHN   1 oz silver MYTHS & LEGENDS 2021 £1 ROBIN HOOD

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought this Azadi yesterday, but I emailed Atkinsons to ask if it was a Khomeini obverse or an Ali calligraphy, as they aren't dispatching until January and they sent me photos over

It's in pretty nice shape, but I really want a Khomeini obverse which was 1991 onwards

Screenshot_20221223_105417.jpg

Screenshot_20221223_105448.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

right so i have been sparsely out of metals for  going on a year, not buying anything since my last 1/4 oz queens beast , due to covid, and retirement in 2020 and not needing to invest anymore , however this last couple of months i had a pay day from a rental house and was going to stick it all in a isa, and then thought why not buy some gold to pass on. so bought 5 full sovs of theses today bullion grade but i already have some 2005 proofs and its my favourite design of sov with the 2012 2 nd , so heres hoping for some nice coins 

dean.m

R-COUKSovDiffStGeo-05B.jpg

Edited by Augustus1