• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Not been here in a while. Hope all the mature members are doing well. 
im hoping to get a membership soon. As soon as James hits a million likes. 👍 

got this little beauty. Slowly getting back into coins.
Tried my hand at Pokemon cards,had a panic attack. So decided to call it quits and do what I’m good at. 

IMG_6448.jpeg

2 hours ago, SovereignBull said:

My first ever coin auction win! 

A 1987 1/10th proof Britannia

The good news, won for £145

The bad news, 26.5% Hammer fee 🤬

Still a good price and at a local auction site so I can collect on payday 😊

IMG_4172.jpeg

Was that 1818 or whatever they’re called?😮🤔some hammer fees are over 30% now😮🤔well done!

6 minutes ago, SovereignBull said:

Yeah I went in to complain a few days ago! Couldn’t believe the fees when compared to the online ones I’ve been introduced to on here. 

😮😂 there is only a couple of sites where it is either free or cheap and I doubt you want to sell with them as they have to earn a living from someone. When I started buying at auctions I think it was around 12 - 15% fees🤔😳😕you make a run of those proofs, usually see a few still in the box for sale🤔

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Petra said:

🤔😮well done! Not too bad, plenty of detail still, just a little battering! Really nice in hand … you know you have a coin!🤔😮

Paid £28 delivered. That seem about the right price? Bit of a spur of the moment purchase

1 minute ago, SovereignBull said:

Paid £28 delivered. That seem about the right price? Bit of a spur of the moment purchase

😮that seems ok! It’s a pretty good example, there are better, but that is reflected in the price.  Maybe the start of a collection … through the ages of the different versions? Or even a collection of Britannias?🤔😮😮

Missed out yesterday but got it today on fleabay! 18.39 delivered using code leap20 

IMG_4282.jpeg

On 27/02/2024 at 19:14, Petra said:

🤔😮well done! Not too bad, plenty of detail still, just a little battering! Really nice in hand … you know you have a coin!🤔😮

Received today & it’s a chunky coin!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, TapiaSTKAu said:

Good deal? Or abit of a premium?

Bit of a premium but relative to the market think I did ok (£400). Regretted not picking one up from Tavex when I could have done so it’s my own fault 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2024 at 13:36, JamesH said:

No probs. I picked mine up on eBay (ungraded) for £842 a couple months ago (I think) but I’ve a feeling that was a very good deal 👍🏼

It was. Though someone of the forum also (not too long ago) sold a raw one for that price. 

Edited by Silverman2U

6 minutes ago, Whitebulldog said:

Release day at The Perth Mint - 125 years. The same design is available in bullion Silver, Gold, Platinum and proof Silver and Gold

07-2024-the-perth-mints-125th-anniversary1oz-platinum-bullion-coin-onedge-highres.jpg

Look great in a 5oz or 10oz version 🤔😮

12 minutes ago, Whitebulldog said:

I don’t think so - don’t know if you can buy directly from the Perth Mint but people were saying the mintage figures were for global 

Cannot buy direct from Perth mint as showing as restricted to Aussie buyers only. Sure some agents will have them