• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

40 minutes ago, Sovsaver said:

Bought at the weekend at York, AR antoninianus of Trajan decius. It's for my daughter, her money. It's great buying coins with other folks' money

IMG_20230125_203604.jpg

Wish my daughter would let me spend her money.... nice piece

Edited by Fishface220

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, PhilOdgny said:

Picked this up today from an antiques centre.  I've little knowledge about such things but after googling I figured that £27 wasn't a bad price as the box, coa capsule and coin all seem perfect though I have only checked the coin by zooming my phone camera and not used a loupe yet.

IMG_20230312_215308.jpg

Nice chunky little affairs are these.

19 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Nice chunky little affairs are these.

Yep, it's nice although on closer inspection with a loupe there is clear evidence of surface scratching caused by handling 🫤 You can see some on this macro photo which was taken with the capsule top off ...

IMG_20230312_223640.jpg

Edited by PhilOdgny
Clarification

26 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

For £27 I wouldn't worry about it. It's a nice coin.

Agreed, I'm still happy with it 🙂  The portrait of the Queen is one of the better ones I think.  Apparently it is the last of a sequence of 4 for the 4 countries of the union and is for England as it carries the 3 lions.

33 minutes ago, PhilOdgny said:

Agreed, I'm still happy with it 🙂  The portrait of the Queen is one of the better ones I think.  Apparently it is the last of a sequence of 4 for the 4 countries of the union and is for England as it carries the 3 lions.

It is, I have the 1999 Scottish one, being Scottish! They also came in a 4 coin set. The Maklouf portrait is very nice I agree.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/03/2023 at 14:00, j1df said:

First shop for Australian mint coins and I can see why all the hype - the quality of these is staggering especially after becoming used to what RM has to offer!

IMG_7346-Copy.thumb.JPEG.046436bf6d363e458fda6149cf4ddf3f.JPEG

Nice purchases. Perth are far and away the best producers of bullion silver. I've had probably hundreds af them and genuinely can't think of any issues worth talking about on any of them. I've just finished a silver Brit date run and Kooks are next - really looking forward to it. I already have a few of them, the oldest being a 1998 which is absolutely spotless.

43 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Nice purchases. Perth are far and away the best producers of bullion silver. I've had probably hundreds af them and genuinely can't think of any issues worth talking about on any of them. I've just finished a silver Brit date run and Kooks are next - really looking forward to it. I already have a few of them, the oldest being a 1998 which is absolutely spotless.

Nice, yep the Kooks are lovely too. Hopefully get to watch your collection grow on this thread :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/03/2023 at 22:41, PhilOdgny said:

Yep, it's nice although on closer inspection with a loupe there is clear evidence of surface scratching caused by handling 🫤 You can see some on this macro photo which was taken with the capsule top off ...

IMG_20230312_223640.jpg

The capsules do this to the coins if you're not careful. I messed up all my gold Brits this way. I should have made sure they couldn't move about when I was transporting them.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...