• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Something a little different in the way of silver, that I bought today.

A Melbourne bullion dealer had some 1oz silver "donuts" made by an Australian precious metals refiner in the style of the Au 37.5g tael.  Whilst there are a couple of 1oz silver donut coins in the market (ie PM's Simpson coin for Tuvalu etc) this is the first Au tael styled silver bar / blob I've seen...so I bought some. Pics from the dealers web site as I don't my donuts in hand as yet. Circa GBP22.00 each. A bit of a premium over spot, but not many of these bad boys floating around at present so for something different, why not add a few to the stack for some variety I thought.

image.thumb.png.cca8a89aa12793f66ac58a1d16fd09d9.png

31 minutes ago, Oddjob said:

Something a little different in the way of silver, that I bought today.

A Melbourne bullion dealer had some 1oz silver "donuts" made by an Australian precious metals refiner in the style of the Au 37.5g tael.  Whilst there are a couple of 1oz silver donut coins in the market (ie PM's Simpson coin for Tuvalu etc) this is the first Au tael styled silver bar / blob I've seen...so I bought some. Pics from the dealers web site as I don't my donuts in hand as yet. Circa GBP22.00 each. A bit of a premium over spot, but not many of these bad boys floating around at present so for something different, why not add a few to the stack for some variety I thought.

image.thumb.png.cca8a89aa12793f66ac58a1d16fd09d9.png

Just tried to like bit out of reactions so ...... ♥️....... There ya go.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2022 Majestic Polar Bear, 1 oz 99.99% pure silver.  First Strikes limited to 5,000 mintage, comes in light gray packaging.   Regular is limited to 35,000 mintage, comes in blue packaging.   I apologize for less than perfect pictures in not ideal lighting conditions; I am not taking the plastic wrapping off in order to maintain the authenticity seal at the back of the packaging.   Enjoy! 

Pic 1 of 2

MPB1.jpg

MPB2.jpg

MPB3.jpg

Edited by SilverStorm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well...not today but last few days anyway.

In 2021 RAM started the limited mintage Australian "Coat of Arms" series in Au and Ag.

I picked the 2021 Ag coins (Australia issue) and 2022 Au coin (start of the states and territories with NSW as next issue)....Going to be a yearly series so a few more years before this set gets completed.

(Apologies for the poor images)

image.png.2d0ff226ed0d42dff60eaa1ab856f84f.png

image.thumb.png.0239e02a93097de1fc8d3c08fb55dd88.png

4 minutes ago, Oddjob said:

Well...not today but last few days anyway.

In 2021 RAM started the limited mintage Australian "Coat of Arms" series in Au and Ag.

I picked the 2021 Ag coins (Australia issue) and 2022 Au coin (start of the states and territories with NSW as next issue)....Going to be a yearly series so a few more years before this set gets completed.

(Apologies for the poor images)

image.png.2d0ff226ed0d42dff60eaa1ab856f84f.png

image.thumb.png.0239e02a93097de1fc8d3c08fb55dd88.png

It's going to be an interesting set this one I think. They look great and I'm sure they'll look very impressive once they're completed and all side by side. Is it one a year or more? 

2 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

It's going to be an interesting set this one I think. They look great and I'm sure they'll look very impressive once they're completed and all side by side. Is it one a year or more? 

RAM says one a year....but we'll see. NSW was the obvious choice for first state of the blocks post the Commonwealth one...now to see if Victoria or Queensland get the nod next...One could guess that the order of issuance over the coming years will be driven by the date that a state was founded...but we'll see.

They have done other state based / themed coins over the year but not to this standard...thus I think the complete set in years to come will be one for the collector...Stunning coins both 2021 and 2022 and the 2021's already commanding a decent premium if you can find them.

4 minutes ago, Oddjob said:

RAM says one a year....but we'll see. NSW was the obvious choice for first state of the blocks post the Commonwealth one...now to see if Victoria or Queensland get the nod next...One could guess that the order of issuance over the coming years will be driven by the date that a state was founded...but we'll see.

They have done other state based / themed coins over the year but not to this standard...thus I think the complete set in years to come will be one for the collector...Stunning coins both 2021 and 2022 and the 2021's already commanding a decent premium if you can find them.

I wish I knew more about them sooner and was able to get involved with them. They're a pretty limited set so to get onboard now is going to be a hard job or an expensive one I suspect. I wonder if there's any UK dealers that will be issuing these?

10 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I wish I knew more about them sooner and was able to get involved with them. They're a pretty limited set so to get onboard now is going to be a hard job or an expensive one I suspect. I wonder if there's any UK dealers that will be issuing these?

https://www.gold.de/kaufen/silbermuenzen/coat-of-arms/

Link thanks to @MaxeBaumann

10 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

So I've found that silver trader has them on their site for around £28 each. So I'm debating pulling the trigger on them. How many will be in this set come the end..... Anyone know? 

Here's some details from when launched last year. They say series, note last years mintage which at best is a guide and no guarantee I feel, but willing to roll with it.

https://agaunews.com/royal-australian-mint-launches-a-beautiful-new-coat-of-arms-bullion-coin-series-in-gold-and-silver/

As for how many in the series, there's already:

1. 2021 Australian Coat of Arms (Au & Ag)
  2. 2022 NSW Coat of Arms (Au & Ag)
  3. 2023....?????

There's still 5 other states being Vic, QLD, Tas, WA and SA, plus two territories being the ACT and NT.

Thus if RAM do the full run eg all states and territories that'll run to 2029......then and this is only my speculation....they'll do an RM style completer coin in 2030. If they don't issue one for each territory as they do not feature on the current Australian Coat of Arms, then make that 2027 for final year and six state coin,

Might be worth wild getting on the mailing list for RAM if you want to start collecting this series and not forget when the next one is coming out.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw these today...not my usual bag when it comes to stacking but couldn't say no to these limited editions.

Hot off the presses from Perth Mint.

The "Sixty Years of James Bond" Family Coat of Arms.  I wasn't a fan of RM 007 Bullion range but this one be it a Perth Mint offering does catch my fancy. Simple and elegant.

Mintage 25,000 with only 1,000 carded.

image.png.040b29834b758fe416ae200b87cdbbda.png

Also from Perth Mint..... "GAMES THROUGH THE AGES 2022 2oz SILVER ANTIQUED COIN".....First in the new series which sadly looks like I'm locked into now. Once again not my usual thing but this is just stunning and a full set...well...why the hell not. Mintage 2,500

image.thumb.png.880993a6d0a71655ab8680b5f2cbc053.png

• 1 month later...