• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

50 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Proof 2012 double sovereign from eBay (fingers crossed all good when it arrives - QR code scanned OK at least). Just need to get it crossed over to NGC once I get it in hand. Trying to work out if £1400 was a good deal - feels like a decent price to me

IMG_9458.jpeg

That will look great in hand!😮🤔

2 hours ago, JamesH said:

Proof 2012 double sovereign from eBay (fingers crossed all good when it arrives - QR code scanned OK at least). Just need to get it crossed over to NGC once I get it in hand. Trying to work out if £1400 was a good deal - feels like a decent price to me

IMG_9458.jpeg

Great deal. Would keep it in PCGS though. Only 23 PR70s at PCGS, whereas NGC census has 84. 

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 23/10/2023 at 21:18, JamesH said:

IMG_9458.jpeg

Great buy! My 69 cost £1,000.

1 hour ago, JamesH said:

Finally managed to get hold of the 2017 SOTD plain edge Sovereign (having a degree of success on eBay at the minute - hopefully not jinxing it)

IMG_9470.jpeg

mmm! Lucky you😮 a great coin to have😮🫢

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 02/12/2023 at 15:14, PhilOdgny said:

Picked these 2 up today from the flea market/car boot at Fuengirola for €5 for the pair. Haven't weighed or magnet tested them yet ... will do when I get home ... but they make a nice ringing sound when struck so I'm hoping I got a real bargain!

IMG_20231202_160557.jpg

IMG_20231202_160529.jpg

Oh dear, I guess these are fake then. Glad it didn't cost me much to find out 😂

IMG_20231203_212017.jpg

IMG_20231203_212002.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 27/10/2023 at 19:41, JamesH said:

Finally managed to get hold of the 2017 SOTD plain edge Sovereign (having a degree of success on eBay at the minute - hopefully not jinxing it)

IMG_9470.jpeg

Oh nice pick up! These seem a bit pricey form and that’s for the non SOTD. I may have to settle for the one with the 200 mark by the date. 

IMG_9470.jpeg

Beautiful piece is that 👍🏻

Nice one.

On 08/11/2023 at 17:28, SilverPlatinum said:

Allegory of Peace: Mintage 1,250

image.thumb.png.4fc687713bd28b0b7ce720bbf703fc6e.png

image.thumb.png.49159da27b76ab06e80a0dd4e99af9e4.png

How much are they mate?

On 03/12/2023 at 21:22, PhilOdgny said:

Oh dear, I guess these are fake then. Glad it didn't cost me much to find out 😂

IMG_20231203_212017.jpg

IMG_20231203_212002.jpg

Unlucky mate but at that price I’d have taken that gamble too….👍🏻

54 minutes ago, Lancashire1 said:

Called into Chard's today. Didn't realise they were appointment only....but they let me in.

Not sure about all the ID requirements..... Dave's bullion down the market doesn't ask for ID, he's same price as well. I like to be an international man of mystery not handing over my knicker size ☹️

PXL_20240105_192331589.MP.jpg

Did you make another appointment while you were there?😮🤔

47 minutes ago, Petra said:

Did you make another appointment while you were there?😮🤔

No I'm done for this month. Think I'm going to buy silver next month to finish a tube. 

26 minutes ago, Lancashire1 said:

No I'm done for this month. Think I'm going to buy silver next month to finish a tube. 

Just annoy them … get an appointment and go in for a chat or see how many coins you can ask to see before they chuck you out🤔🫢

IMG_9470.jpeg

Can I ask how much u paid please? This one’s on my list I need to understand if it’s out of reach! Might need to settle for the privy mark if it’s a lot 😢

please dm if u don’t want to say on post 🙏🏼 

Yet again the Silver stuff draws me into another purchase I don’t have the money for!!! I’m meant to just be buying sovereigns ffs! 

This time it’s a 1oz Germania mint 2023 bank of Malta from silver trader

At £30 delivered it seemed fairly reasonable and a lovely looking coin

IMG_3940.jpeg

3 hours ago, SovereignBull said:

Can I ask how much u paid please? This one’s on my list I need to understand if it’s out of reach! Might need to settle for the privy mark if it’s a lot 😢

please dm if u don’t want to say on post 🙏🏼 

No probs. I picked mine up on eBay (ungraded) for £842 a couple months ago (I think) but I’ve a feeling that was a very good deal 👍🏼

1 minute ago, JamesH said:

No probs. I picked mine up on eBay (ungraded) for £842 a couple months ago (I think) but I’ve a feeling that was a very good deal 👍🏼

Thanks and as I thought thats a bit rich for me at the mo. I’m kinda somewhere between 500 - 600 a maximum single purchase.

I guess a privy mark it is then if one pops up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PayPal credit will be the end of me although very useful if you just need to get some retail coins!

Picked these up today with money I don’t have!

Had to have that amazing coronation design & couldn’t really afford the beautiful gold version (not even the 1/40th) so settled on the 1oz Silver! £20 over the original RM listing IMG_4099.thumb.jpeg.133e3541cccf1bfac06812bf7de106f0.jpegprice so not a bad deal!

IMG_4098.jpeg