• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, watchesandwhisky said:

Today i bought a year 2000 brilliant uncirculated quintuple sovereign with a mintage of 1000, never seen a double let alone a 5 pound piece:) big purchase for me.

Oh and a 2000 bullion sovereign. 

Now I must save my moneys for a while as im broke.

Welcome to the club, the only thing limiting our collections is the threat of bankruptcy..lol

• 1 month later...

Not yet of my coin, but just sharing the Apmex link here, it’s the usual Libertad proof design again for 2021. Sold out now for the 1/4 Proof, but they have 9 left of the BU version,  for $703 each.  

https://www.apmex.com/product/240872/2021-mexico-1-4-oz-proof-gold-libertad

• 2 weeks later...

So late on a Saturday afternoon in Sydney the I come across my fav Australian bullion dealer just posting a video of a recent buyback (BN do this from time to time...post vids and sales on a weekend). Maples and Roos straight from the monster box....how could I not watch 😀 ??

Long story short....a few minutes later and a few dollars lighter in the pocket, some pristine 2016 Maples at AUD38.90 / GBP20.60 added to the stack.....Still 600 odd Maples left at time of this post.

image.png.f7a0cdc0795fec45836f0846a05bfc3e.png

4 hours ago, SilverStorm said:

Congrats on your purchase, @Oddjob. Yeah I saw the BN video going up on YouTube a couple of days ago.  How’s the SML quality?  Any issue with milk spotting?

I've bought various lots of Maples in prior years and really can't remember any seeing any that have been stored in tubes with milk spots. Got some loose ones in capsules / flips that have the odd spot but the vast majority which are in tubes are fine. Won't see the weekend purchase for a while. Will have BN hold it for a while before sending on to me.

I added two more gold coins to the stack. 

Another $5 gold commemorative from US Mint (approx 1/4 oz), this time a 1997 FDR.  Previous owner had handled it with bare hands and got fingerprints all over it.  That irritates me to no end.  I tried to get them off but only smudged some of it around.  Whatever; I knew it and got it for spot price with free shipping.

The other one is (again) yet another run of the mill 5 peso coin (approx 1/8 oz).  It has some copper spots on it but no biggie because I got it for 7% over spot.

gold coins.jpg

2 hours ago, RacerCool said:

I added two more gold coins to the stack. 

Another $5 gold commemorative from US Mint (approx 1/4 oz), this time a 1997 FDR.  Previous owner had handled it with bare hands and got fingerprints all over it.  That irritates me to no end.  I tried to get them off but only smudged some of it around.  Whatever; I knew it and got it for spot price with free shipping.

The other one is (again) yet another run of the mill 5 peso coin (approx 1/8 oz).  It has some copper spots on it but no biggie because I got it for 7% over spot.

gold coins.jpg

Nice pickup.  With regards to the finger print smudges, have you tried baking sofa/hot water or acetone to remove it?   

Just now, SilverStorm said:

Nice pickup.  With regards to the finger print smudges, have you tried baking sofa/hot water or acetone to remove it?   

I haven't yet.  I used some isopropyl alcohol to remove the smudges, while wearing nitrile gloves.  I gently tried to wipe the alcohol away but just ended up moving smudges around.  Though some of it came off.  I'll try the baking soda idea.

Yes gold is a bit to expensive for me now, but that said I am in  a good place as i have around 25 oz of the yellow stuff with an average price per ounce of £800.

aaaarrrggg bitcoin yes if ONLY you are right back then it was around $200-300 a coin, many a time I have done the maths and thought if only.

What did I say back then if you can't hold it you don't own it, older now but maybe not wiser.

Keith

3 minutes ago, daca said:

Decided to buy some playing around gold, casted bar (I'm always annoyed that I cant play with my coins)

Untitled.png.02e21c481ad4e18dedf292bec87739af.png

Blimey..... Just a casual 50g gold bar for mucking about with! One day I might be able to join your club and we can compare 🤣🤣🤣. Fairplay fella.... Nice bit of yellow stuff.