• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

Now, finally, I received my 2oz silver Three Graces. It was held for more than two weeks by Royal Mail at Langley, and another day or so by the waylayers at Frankfurt airport, and over the weekend at my local post office. No time and equipment so far to check for dents or scratches, but happy that the odyssee is over...

They charged customs and an additional fee but no German VAT ☺️, so I got it cheaper than UK customers. Given the market value of the piece (no way I am selling!) this wouldn't matter anyway - but the govt is the last place I want any of my money to go to.

Another order from RM, pre-dating (!) the 3G order, is still held somewhere at Langley, waiting to 'leave the UK'.

4 hours ago, terakris said:

I've just had my shipping notification so yours should probably follow - sounds like ours are in the same batch.

5 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

5oz now in closed orders so hoping to get email confirmation late today

I am the same, feel a bit left out, with regards to the earlier coins being delivered so quickly, like watching a movie a month after it has been released, and it's already been discussed.

from looking through the comments a lot have mentioned foreign matter on the surface, I have always used one of these 

image.jpeg.bf7360aadcf9bd651ae41f52efcc35a1.jpeg

best thing possible as your not blowing anything onto the surface, used mainly for camera's, however brilliant for coins.   

Edited by Wampum

https://britanniacoincompany.com/buy-coins/proof-sets/2020-alderney-three-graces-five-pound-silver-matt-proof/?fbclid=IwAR304eJFp_5U-U14Z4O_qM59EnwSeET9AD6Oj4Si5rVzCk1XJ2ujAKslamE

NEW RELEASE ⬆️ 

2oz Matte Silver. Only 250, all PR70s. This should do well for those who want it’s sister coin. 🤔 

@PaulSeen this?

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

47 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

https://britanniacoincompany.com/buy-coins/proof-sets/2020-alderney-three-graces-five-pound-silver-matt-proof/?fbclid=IwAR304eJFp_5U-U14Z4O_qM59EnwSeET9AD6Oj4Si5rVzCk1XJ2ujAKslamE

NEW RELEASE ⬆️ 

2oz Matte Silver. Only 250, all PR70s. This should do well for those who want it’s sister coin. 🤔 

@PaulSeen this?

Thank goodness the Royal Mint is doing the decent thing and not milking this series dry by releasing 10 variations of the coin. However disappointing it may be for those of us who can’t get one of the RM coins, at least they are genuinely limited and unique and original.

1 hour ago, MancunianStacker said:

NEW RELEASE ⬆️ 

@PaulSeen this?

thanks for showing this, never realised the 2oz silver matt was coming out a little bit three graces overload now to be fair 

ive got what i need now :);) 

30 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Thank goodness the Royal Mint is doing the decent thing and not milking this series dry by releasing 10 variations of the coin. However disappointing it may be for those of us who can’t get one of the RM coins, at least they are genuinely limited and unique and original.

You're right. They could have milked the hell out of this and didn't. It's the right decision to keep the series limited. I wonder if the next coin will have more mintage and more sizes such as a 10oz but in a higher mintage. It would be good if they again keep it limited but I think even if they milked it now, the una is going to remain the king of the ones to get (although I prefer the graces design myself).

2 hours ago, terakris said:

You're right. They could have milked the hell out of this and didn't. It's the right decision to keep the series limited. I wonder if the next coin will have more mintage and more sizes such as a 10oz but in a higher mintage. It would be good if they again keep it limited but I think even if they milked it now, the una is going to remain the king of the ones to get (although I prefer the graces design myself).

I believe there is a 10oz silver proof of the Three Graces.

I think the only difference with the Una denominations is the 5 oz silver proof. 

Any word on when BCC might be releasing the 1kg silver?

I actually contacted the RM a week or so ago and asked if they would be available from the mint directly and they replied they could not comment on future releases due to an "embargo". Not sure what that means. Have any of the 1kg been for sale anywhere yet?

5 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I believe there is a 10oz silver proof of the Three Graces.

I think the only difference with the Una denominations is the 5 oz silver proof. 

There is, but it's super limited (140 mintage or something) and was offered to the people that bought the larger gold one apparently. So expect most were taken up by them.

4 hours ago, auleAboutNumismatics said:

On the silver 3graces, what do you all think of this line across the harp's string?

Initially thought as a minor scratch, but it doesn't run across the frosted area though...

image.png.6b680301abb85fc13be248ea0253edd0.png

image.png.dba5684b6aef0b1501b0cb562507c485.png

Minute and probably wouldn’t get a 70 if graded and picked up but heyhoe

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

11 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

NEW RELEASE ⬆️ 

@PaulSeen this?

I think I’m all Grace’d out at the moment. I’ll give this one a pass...

21 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

NEW RELEASE ⬆️ 

@PaulSeen this?

They (BCC) managed to get 90 of the total mintage of 250. Today they only have 56 left.

So will collectors of the first 1,000 “Normal” proof coins be chasing this “twin” sister on a 4:1 ratio?🤔 I guess most collectors won’t even know about it, hence why I put the link on here. Could be a good safe bet for someone this coin.

I don’t think it’s ridiculous for a PF70 coin, pre-graded when RM’s un-graded are £2,000+ Then the PF70s coming home in 2 months will be what £?

Still early days on all Three Graces 🪙 

Still a worthwhile punt for anyone who didn’t manage to get a Three Graces coin IMHO. This could do very well whether you feel it is being “milked” or not.

2 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

Luckily they kept the original design but the una variations are so far removed from the original I wouldn't put it past other designs popping up

I like the matt but not for that money 

I understand what you’re saying but I don’t think other mints can “lift” this design. The Commonwealth Mint, I believe, gets special dispensation.

I agree that some of the Una coins are dreadful and I wouldn’t touch the vast majority of them.