• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

1 minute ago, Stu said:

A very shady practice. If the mint are selling some coins to exclusive customers, they should be able to vet them somehow that they are real collectors. Not sure how, however vaguely mind one of the top sports car manufacturers doing something along these lines with an application process etc. 

A suspicious mind might also ask how many of them are staff or friends of. Anyway, it is what it is, just would have hoped some may have went on general sale. The chances of getting one would have been minuscule, but still feels fairer.

5 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Ok this is what I was told.... as I asked the same question as to how come its such a fast turn around.. Apparently when they released the 3G's they only did an initial production run and then orders were fulfilled by that and others as and when they minted them.. My coin went to them on Friday and I have confirmation its coming back tomorrow. Those were them deemed were below a 68 were allocated from the next run of coins and then at the end they will end up with the 3010 mintage as they dispose of the ones returned. If that makes sense

Did you call them for confirmation of the return or is it listed in the open/closed order page?

1 minute ago, Rll1288 said:

It showed up in my closed orders as the original one and then a new reference for the new coin... I phoned them afterwards to confirm what was happening

Cheers for the info. My coin went back late last week and everything has disappeared in the closed order tab. 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, MikeG1978 said:

I dont remember  mine having a price on do you have a pic obviously blank out address 

Probably for international shipments only? It is on the bottom of the box, with other side the Royal Mail's shipping address info ...

image.png.3ce6f3dc4f2278a25519f4e564b1ffc3.png

6 hours ago, MikeG1978 said:

This one is to anyone who receiced a replacement  

Is your coa the same ?

I am also curious, if it is a new COA, logically the number should be higher towards the mintage limit?

14 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Ok so "new" 3G 2oz came this morning...... and I can breath again.... It seems fine this time.. Queenie doesn't have any extra crease marks on her neck... The capsule is a little scratch suggesting they re-used the old one but it seems fine to me

3G_1.jpg

3G_2.jpg

When did you return it please ?

im sending mine off today. 

1 minute ago, terakris said:

Same COA or different?

Although not sure as I can't remember the exact number.. the COA looks the same... I imagine it would be as there is a finite mintage of 3010 so it would have to get used. My understanding would be they just minted a new coin and replaced the old one

Just now, Rll1288 said:

Although not sure as I can't remember the exact number.. the COA looks the same... I imagine it would be as there is a finite mintage of 3010 so it would have to get used. My understanding would be they just minted a new coin and replaced the old one

I asked cos i still dont believe they would do that initially... so worth taking a note before and after. Its good if they are, i just know what they are like from previous experience.

Well I am impressed coin back with Royal Mint this morning -fair play to royal mail 

Now how do can I last till I call them to see whats happening anyone taking bets 🤔 

Edited by MikeG1978

2 hours ago, marston59 said:

BEWARE sending coins to PCGS for grading at the moment, they use FedEx to return coins and FedEx are refusing to deliver coins with a value grater than €2500 from France to the UK.

Where were you told this, please? I received a package from PCGS via FedEx on Thursday, last week, and the stated value was greater than that. Is this new as of this week?

I am expecting more at the end of this month so now you have me worried!!!

4 hours ago, Rll1288 said:

sent it Thursday last week... got to Rm on the Friday.. got it back today

Can i ask if they contacted you to explain if your original coin was bad enough to be re-struck? 

I have just had my dispatch email to say i have "something" on its was back to me, but no phone-call or email to say whats happened! Curious as to others experiences. 

78av.gif

11 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Can i ask if they contacted you to explain if your original coin was bad enough to be re-struck? 

I have just had my dispatch email to say i have "something" on its was back to me, but no phone-call or email to say whats happened! Curious as to others experiences. 

In a word..... No.. I looked into my "Closed Orders" and there were two entries.. the old one and a new one ... I called them up and was told it was the new coin coming... I did speak to the Manager as I thought it was a little fast considering the week before I was told my coin (I sent pictures in) was less then a PF68 and would be re-struck. I was subsequently told that in the original release they were still doing a mintage production run and I would receive one of those coins

Edited by Rll1288

1 hour ago, SilverDrum said:

Thanks for explaining that. I won't go through the pain of calling them to ask what happened!

Lets just hope what we receive has been looked over by someone with...eyes 👀  

I have it on good Authority that the Senior QA Officer at the RM  has been sacked, a bloke called Stevie Wonder(odd name) apparently.