• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

Would be interested to know why the Alderney Three Graces are selling for quite a bit less that the RM ones  when for example the 5oz silver RM is in an edition of 500 and the Alderney an edition of 200 . The design of the Three Graces looks pretty well identical on each . 

Just now, Numis65 said:

Would be interested to know why the Alderney Three Graces are selling for quite a bit less that the RM ones  when for example the 5oz silver RM is in an edition of 500 and the Alderney an edition of 200 . The design of the Three Graces looks pretty well identical on each . 

Have you flipped the coin over and looked at the obverse? The Royal Mint has the image of the Queen but the Alderney obverse has the image of... oh wait, I actually don't know who that woman is 🤔

2 hours ago, Numis65 said:

The RM coin will always be considered the original - every other Mint’s version is pretty much a knock off.

44 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

We collectors can be so ridiculous.

We all want to have the perfect PF70 coin for ourselves and hound the RM for it, but at the same time we aren’t happy when there are too many PF70s as it renders ours less special / valuable. 😀

you can also add those who will be flipping as soon as the graded coins come back, EVERYONE is prepared to the issue price for these but just how folk will will pay £5,000+ for 2oz of silver. I certainly wont be

You might only have a double figure amount of collectors in the world willing to park such mega money into it to get one

If there are an abundance of flipped graded coins on the market, with a race to the bottom pricing mindset of folk offering the cheapest via fleabay there is no way these will see the same results as the first in series   

Once these double figure amount of mega spender collectors get it on the cheap, there is no market of people willing to pay mega money for it 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

you can also add those who will be flipping as soon as the graded coins come back, EVERYONE is prepared to the issue price for these but just how folk will will pay £5,000+ for 2oz of silver. I certainly wont be

You might only have a double figure amount of collectors in the world willing to park such mega money into it to get one

If there are an abundance of flipped graded coins on the market, with a race to the bottom pricing mindset of folk offering the cheapest via fleabay there is no way these will see the same results as the first in series   

Once these double figure amount of mega spender collectors get it on the cheap, there is no market of people willing to pay mega money for it 

But with the increased popularity of collecting in general, the low mintage, global appeal, there will always be a market for a 3g... Whatever that price may be...

And there's more to come from the series. We don't know for sure when the peak of its popularity will actually occur

Idk, I'm just optimistically speculating that this entire series can stay strong

Kind of wishing I never bothered sending mine. Sent it early March, "Received" on the 10th March. Still no progress in tracking since. Its my first time grading, if I was wiser I think I would have examined it first thoroughly. There were some marks on the coin, it could have been dust or hair, I wasn't sure. 

At least 20 days I have been without it , kind of starting to forget what it looks like. I imagine it will be at least double that by the time I get it back.

When the 67/8 pops up on the census, that will be mine.

44 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Kind of wishing I never bothered sending mine. Sent it early March, "Received" on the 10th March. Still no progress in tracking since. Its my first time grading, if I was wiser I think I would have examined it first thoroughly. There were some marks on the coin, it could have been dust or hair, I wasn't sure. 

At least 20 days I have been without it , kind of starting to forget what it looks like. I imagine it will be at least double that by the time I get it back.

Sent mine to London on the 11th March and still not on the tracker - grading is a long long long.......long waiting game 

I suppose that, people who are collecting the 3G coin, isn't thinking too much about how much they can get for it, and those who want to flip it, are.

I'm now in the category of collecting and keeping it, without the idea of selling, as it's such a beautiful coin and am comfortable with the idea of handing it down to the next generation.

But I do understand that, some people want to exchange it for more fiat than they paid for it, as there's a part of us all that doesn't feel that what we have right now, is enough and I totally agree and respect that.

I hope everyone of us, at some point, is comfortable with whatever they decide to do.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

15 minutes ago, Numis65 said:

I heard from a dealer that a lot of the Three Graces  are being bought by buyers outside the UK , particularly Japan. 

Just like in the 1980s bubble when the Japanese were buying up all the RHD Aston Martin DB5s and DB6s.

A DB6 in 1987 in average condition was valued around £85,000, then in 2000 it was down to about £25,000, today they are more like £300,000 or £500,000+ fully restored / mint.

Negative interest rates in Japan now means the floodgates of savings by wealthy businessmen are searching for low mintage items, coins, swords, art, antiques. Why save money and earn a guaranteed 2% inflation loss when you can buy a coin and make 10% a year on other investors buying up more next year etc.

Cash savings is dead now 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

22 minutes ago, Numis65 said:

I heard from a dealer that a lot of the Three Graces  are being bought by buyers outside the UK , particularly Japan. 

when UK auction houses and high end coins dealers have specific translation sections for Japanese/Chinese clients you can understand it is there for a good reason 

3 hours ago, NewCoins said:

Don't worry, after what seems likes weeks of inactivity, it all happens in a rush. The grade gets added in your tracking page and within a day or two, it's back in the UK ready to be collected.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon