• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

2 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

Don't worry, after what seems likes weeks of inactivity, it all happens in a rush. The grade gets added in your tracking page and within a day or two, it's back in the UK ready to be collected.

I sent coins off mid January, my first ever grading. I'm still waiting for them now. I was told the grade on the weekend but was told I won't get them back until next week at the earliest 😢.

I was told 4 week process when I sent them but it's looking like at least 10weeks. I have no experience of it to go by.

NGC must be rammed with coins right now. I hear PCGS is also. The coins sent were a good month before 3g release so I wonder, it could be even further backlogged now....

1 hour ago, SilverJacks said:

I sent coins off mid January, my first ever grading. I'm still waiting for them now. I was told the grade on the weekend but was told I won't get them back until next week at the earliest 😢.

I was told 4 week process when I sent them but it's looking like at least 10weeks. I have no experience of it to go by.

NGC must be rammed with coins right now. I hear PCGS is also. The coins sent were a good month before 3g release so I wonder, it could be even further backlogged now....

Ngc have updated their site to 45 days plus 45 for ncs, even for walkthrough. It shows just how many coins are being graded now and more new people self submitting

It looks like NGC has extended there acceptance of the 3G for Early/First Releases. That should give everyone a bit more time :)

Does anyone know the difference between the First and Early Releases label, or is it just preference?

140C19AF-C55B-4500-97C3-2CB707D04E38.jpeg

On 02/03/2021 at 01:38, Aiden2343 said:

Has anyone seen any of the 5 ounce silvers sell yet? There’s only one auction I can see on ebay with bids at the moment. I’m just trying to gauge the market value, partly because I may be interested in grading. It seems like most people are keeping theirs close. I’m struggling to even find dealers that are selling. Surely if the 2 ounce is going for 2k - 2.5k, the 5 ounce can be expected to fetch at least double that? The mintage is lower by quite a margin.

How about this one?

23492124_2020elizabethiisilverproofThreeGraces5oz10poundswithboxwithcerttheroyalmintrevsideviewcrop.thumb.jpg.d651d6d725bb6870b0f45cde9c265d6c.jpg

...and yes it is a 5 ounce version.

Chards

Before I sent mine for grading I was offered a nice premium on my 5oz... so with the lower mintage and the fact that it looks better in the 5oz than the 2oz.. I had both and the design really pops in the larger size

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

How about this one?

23492124_2020elizabethiisilverproofThreeGraces5oz10poundswithboxwithcerttheroyalmintrevsideviewcrop.thumb.jpg.d651d6d725bb6870b0f45cde9c265d6c.jpg

...and yes it is a 5 ounce version.

2 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Before I sent mine for grading I was offered a nice premium on my 5oz... so with the lower mintage and the fact that it looks better in the 5oz than the 2oz.. I had both and the design really pops in the larger size

I would imagine so. I have not seen ours yet because it is in our office and I am at home. Our photographer gets to see most things quite early.

Chards

On 03/03/2021 at 07:39, Chrisplym said:

The Three Graces is a truly fabulous design and I was originally intending to keep them as part of my collection for posterity, but something has happened that has changed my outlook. I am very lucky to have 2oz, 5oz and 10oz silver proofs on order (I believe the first two may be arriving today and the 10oz in April) and am now considering selling them. Who knows whether this will be the right decision or not. Time will only tell!

Any news on your 10oz? I am expecting mine on Monday. I received the DHL tracking reference today.

Good morning Andrew. I hope that you are well. I have received a notification from the Royal Mint saying that my 10oz silver proof will arrive today. All very exciting, but I am still likely to sell it if I receive a good offer. I moved into a new house in January and it needs lots of work. I have already received the 2oz and 5oz ones.

As far as I am aware the details aren’t shown anywhere on the Royal Mint website. It is a bit of a mystery coin. I was lucky to obtain. My account manager gave me a call on the day of issue asking me if I wanted one and of course I said yes 😂. I will post all details regarding specification and mintage over the weekend. Unfortunately I am at work today earning some money to buy more coins. This is an addictive hobby and quite expensive 😊

4 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

As far as I am aware the details aren’t shown anywhere on the Royal Mint website. It is a bit of a mystery coin. I was lucky to obtain. My account manager gave me a call on the day of issue asking me if I wanted one and of course I said yes 😂. I will post all details regarding specification and mintage over the weekend. Unfortunately I am at work today earning some money to buy more coins. This is an addictive hobby and quite expensive 😊

Oh go and get back to work so we can live vicariously through you. 😂🤣

6 hours ago, Simmoleon said:

What’s happened here 

2C518FDE-CD7E-43EF-B084-9250B3EE8980.png

I guess they find issues that they start to look out for. The more coins that pass through, the easier it is to spot issues 🤷‍♂️ Sometimes the frosting isn’t quite right on the same part of the coin etc. These may have been missed on the first 30-40 coins. I am of course guessing but if I was a grading company I’d be making a check list of common issues with one particular coin. 🤔 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

6 hours ago, Simmoleon said:

Yes, I have seen them accumulate the series with a breakdown below of first release under the main heading. Also the difference in 69 v 70 over the 2 headings is vastly different 

Ah I see what was meant now. I thought the OP was asking why more 69s were coming through 😂 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

1 minute ago, MancunianStacker said:

I guess they find issues that they start to look out for. The more coins that pass through, the easier it is to spot issues 🤷‍♂️ Sometimes the frosting isn’t quite right on the same part of the coin etc. These may have been missed on the first 30-40 coins. I am of course guessing but if I was a grading company I’d be making a check list of common issues with one particular coin. 🤔 

Absolutely agree and most likely from now you will be able to see more 69's then before.

Good luck to all and cross fingers for more 70's!!