• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

@FFkook I have collected Maria Theresia Talers for quite some time now and have over 200 specimens varying from 1741 to 1779 along with many many 1780 restrikes.

The historical story about Maria Theresia is very interesting and collecting them is addictive, be warned 😀

The Restrike coins have been stamped with the date 1780 since the year of her death, and as you can see, are still minted by the Austrian mint today.

If you need any more info don’t hesitate to drop me a line, but for the time being check out this site below. The site has been criticised a bit by modern numismatist but it gives you a great feel for the coin

http://www.theresia.name/en/ 

3 minutes ago, Marko said:

@FFkook I have collected Maria Theresia Talers for quite some time now and have over 200 specimens varying from 1741 to 1779 along with many many 1780 restrikes.

The historical story about Maria Theresia is very interesting and collecting them is addictive, be warned 😀

The Restrike coins have been stamped with the date 1780 since the year of her death, and as you can see, are still minted by the Austrian mint today.

If you need any more info don’t hesitate to drop me a line, but for the time being check out this site below. The site has been criticised a bit by modern numismatist but it gives you a great feel for the coin

I have some in classifieds at the moment if your interested 😁

1 hour ago, Big23 said:

Our mint has an English version of the website: https://www.muenzeoesterreich.at/eng/produkte/10-Crown

Very nice coins by the way  ;)

Aaaaand Happy Birthday as well! :D

Thanks! I can read and understand German pretty good(as we all do in NL, I wonder how that comes ;) ), so Austrian is not that difficult, slight differences but understandable! 

9 minutes ago, Marko said:

Allright, I'm checking that out for sure! My understanding is that the premiums on them are pretty high, at least at the Austrian Mint.. 

@FFkook The modern restrikes can be picked up for a quite reasonable price on eBay, between £10-20, but the older coins 1741-1779 can go for prices up to £1500, some nearly impossible to find.

There are less than 15 original 1780 coins that have been found, but collecting the different variants of restrikes (detailed quite well by Walter Hafner in his Lexicon) is quite popular among collectors.

Check out that link and try not to catch the bug, fun but addictive.

Saved these lot from a scrap dealers melt pile. No idea if they are the real deal, they do test at various silver purities. Even as curiosities am happy to have them. 

A52C5C5B-2D11-4311-99FA-04F440B0C3DF.jpeg

5D22465B-47D5-4329-B564-7DBFF3C1202F.jpeg

73C81DEB-AABE-4145-8782-E74033D58A83.jpeg

89355B7A-512C-4761-84D6-A0C7464FC805.jpeg

A8FD254F-67B6-4BC5-9A56-8B4F2208676D.jpeg

64B437B9-41DB-4969-AD28-A403A355D7D1.jpeg

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics