• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

20 minutes ago, SilverStorm said:

Got this in yesterday, but didn't have time to post up pics until now.  

Enjoy!  

Peace0.thumb.jpg.eb4c57259a17304be365228378299d7e.jpgPeace1.thumb.jpg.ea6ac04192c36317bcb708777521d7a0.jpgPeace2.thumb.jpg.3adba826a0578d5dadc78c92665cf26c.jpgPeace3.thumb.jpg.072ab1cef2031af9ea032ae8a30d8063.jpgPeace4.thumb.jpg.ff1529a7c23b09faa31bf1091b6e8ba8.jpg

This 2022 one is very beautiful, it sold out at the Royal Canadian Mint before it become available to the public! I wrote a complaint letter to the Mint director then I had to drive to the Mint to pick the 1 ounce and the 5 ounce versions.

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

"a nominal metal weight of 30.76 grams" seems unusual for something that's labelled as a 1oz coin?

unfortunately this is what happens when the mints hire people who do not know or have no interest in precious metals. worst than that is the director who approved it with this weight!

All mints should come to such forums to hire people (at least they will find staff who know things).

35 minutes ago, SilverPlatinum said:

This 2022 one is very beautiful, it sold out at the Royal Canadian Mint before it become available to the public! I wrote a complaint letter to the Mint director then I had to drive to the Mint to pick the 1 ounce and the 5 ounce versions.

Thanks @SilverPlatinum.  The ironic part is that I had order this from a US online dealer and have it shipped back up to Canada!   If it wasn't for the fact that it was NGC slabbed, I would have totally skipped it.

28 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

"a nominal metal weight of 30.76 grams" seems unusual for something that's labelled as a 1oz coin?

Unfortunately the left hand (mint) doesn't know what the right hand (printing dept) is doing.  Screw ups like this will happen.  :(

On 10/02/2022 at 12:37, Oddjob said:

An interesting combination of camera angle and reflection on the Completer....makes it look partially transparent.

I though that too.

Also, just as a tip, this is the main reason why you should never photograph your coins for the ’Today I received’ thread with no clothes on. 😂

Especially proofs!!

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

Troy oz

14 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I though that too.

Also, just as a tip, this is the main reason why you should never photograph your coins for the ’Today I received’ thread with no clothes on. 😂

Especially proofs!!

I like to enjoy my beasts naked

2 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Since the GBH that my wallet suffered at the hands of the new proof sovereign, buying has been somewhat curtailed recently. 

Today a spotless 2012 Brit arrived, the latest installment of the longest running silver Brit date run in history, 2 years in, half way through!

Other recent stuff I dont think I've posted here are 2 more krugs for the tube, some more good grade .500 half crowns & florins - love these. Also the Olympic 50p and last but not least the 2015 Longest Reigning Monarch crown which has the beautiful James Butler portrait which is glorious in silver.

20220211_195428.thumb.jpg.66776f859e284df40bad6eb86af794f8.jpg20220211_195607.thumb.jpg.0a4cce4a7834f0c646888926aa727294.jpg

Love that crown!

6 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Since the GBH that my wallet suffered at the hands of the new proof sovereign, buying has been somewhat curtailed recently. 

Today a spotless 2012 Brit arrived, the latest installment of the longest running silver Brit date run in history, 2 years in, half way through!

Other recent stuff I dont think I've posted here are 2 more krugs for the tube, some more good grade .500 half crowns & florins - love these. Also the Olympic 50p and last but not least the 2015 Longest Reigning Monarch crown which has the beautiful James Butler portrait which is glorious in silver.

20220211_195428.thumb.jpg.66776f859e284df40bad6eb86af794f8.jpg20220211_195607.thumb.jpg.0a4cce4a7834f0c646888926aa727294.jpg

Your brits bu or proof or both?

9 hours ago, Gordy said:

Arrived today so cheers guys and I have a secret admirer!!!!! 🤣.... my name has been edited in case our resident reporter reports me...

20220211_170325.jpg

20220211_170334.jpg

Great coins @Gordy I think if we’re all being honest and as being part of this great community we need to come together and maybe help our fellow members get some help.

I think we need to do a fundraiser for @James32

What do you all think? 😂

Edited by Foster88

6 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Great coins @Gordy I think if we’re all being honest and as being part of this great community we need to come together and maybe help our fellow members get some help.

I think we need to do a fundraiser for @James32

What do you all think? 😂

Fundraising for me?

Count me in, I will donate too.

Means I get more ...right?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip