• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Memorial Sovereign 2022 with King Charles

harrygill111

5 hours ago, Paul said:

posted on another thread here earlier - information is under embargo until Tuesday on release day, so you didnt read it here ;) mums the word 

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/mens-health/what-should-i-do-if-my-erection-will-not-go-down/ this might be useful for everyone after clicking on that page 

10 hours ago, Solachesis said:

I just wanted to know if refreshing the page put you back 20,000 places, I'm sure such information wouldn't cause the person giving it to miss out on the very last sovereign, I imagine people have their own methods such as keeping the royal mint website open overnight, opening different pages in other tabs, or trying the queue on multiple different devices, none of which I would be bothered to do.

From seeing what happened with the last release it looks like theyre using a load balancer to manage requests and protect the rest of the site from peak volume - so each session/browser you open would get its own place in the queue, overall kind of counter productive to have multiple windows open as it slows down others getting in and through.  Unlikely having anything open before the content is released would help as they probably have to purge caches for the content to be available, at the very least you'll need to keep refreshing the page once its open (actually they could solve this for you, but i'd be surprised).

Also saw their payment system failing last time which means they havent quite got their scaling sorted out properly, its a bit cheap these days as they arent really that high volume.

Edited by Zeuk

6 minutes ago, Zeuk said:

From seeing what happened with the last release it looks like theyre using a load balancer to manage requests and protect the rest of the site from peak volume - so each session/browser you open would get its own place in the queue, overall kind of counter productive to have multiple windows open as it slows down others getting in and through.  Unlikely having anything open before the content is released would help as they probably have to purge caches for the content to be available, at the very least you'll need to keep refreshing the page once its open (actually they could solve this for you, but i'd be surprised).

Also saw their payment system failing last time which means they havent quite got their scaling sorted out properly, its a bit cheap these days as they arent really that high volume.

That's very insightful, thank you :)

12 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Well I never!

It looks very similar to a mockup we created about two months ago.

I hope the RM didn't copy our design!

😎 

The poor designers at the rm would do well to copy anyone elses design @LawrenceChard as it's certainly better that they can come uo with.

46 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

That's very insightful, thank you :)

I had 4 windows open on the last launch and was sat there from 5.30am. It made no difference and my que number ranged hugely. 

15 hours ago, harrygill111 said:

image.thumb.png.632f1cd9b9d82524de46e5af95e0e3ba.png

The Memorial Sovereign 2022

The official coinage portrait of His Majesty The King will soon appear on a memorial edition of The Sovereign, marking a historic moment for the ‘chief coin of the world’. This edition of our flagship coin, which is the second Sovereign of the year, will be dated 2022 and include a rare change of reverse design in tribute to the life and legacy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

Mintages:

THE PIEDFORT SOVEREIGN

THE SOVEREIGN

THE HALF-SOVEREIGN

THE QUARTER-SOVEREIGN

I thought that the obverse sides were written in latin?

what do you guys think about 2023 full sovereigns?

will be the 2023 sovereign (the proof one) part of the coronation set, or the RM will just take again advantage of us poor innocent collectors and mint a 2023 proof sovereign AND the coronation set (which will include a different proof sovereign?)

3 hours ago, refero said:

what do you guys think about 2023 full sovereigns?

will be the 2023 sovereign (the proof one) part of the coronation set, or the RM will just take again advantage of us poor innocent collectors and mint a 2023 proof sovereign AND the coronation set (which will include a different proof sovereign?)

Isnt the 2023 proof sovereign supposed to be G&D reverse?

20 hours ago, foinikas said:

Isnt the 2023 proof sovereign supposed to be G&D reverse?

I certainly hope so!  I’m getting tired of the 2022 jubilee design.  Not sure if I read it on here , but is the 2022 reverse supposed to be exactly the same or will it be different?

2 hours ago, JeffM said:

I certainly hope so!  I’m getting tired of the 2022 jubilee design.  Not sure if I read it on here , but is the 2022 reverse supposed to be exactly the same or will it be different?

Theres a new design, it is already been leaked in TSF and other places.