• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Memorial Sovereign 2022 with King Charles

harrygill111

image.thumb.png.632f1cd9b9d82524de46e5af95e0e3ba.png

The Memorial Sovereign 2022

The official coinage portrait of His Majesty The King will soon appear on a memorial edition of The Sovereign, marking a historic moment for the ‘chief coin of the world’. This edition of our flagship coin, which is the second Sovereign of the year, will be dated 2022 and include a rare change of reverse design in tribute to the life and legacy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

Mintages:

THE PIEDFORT SOVEREIGN

THE SOVEREIGN

THE HALF-SOVEREIGN

THE QUARTER-SOVEREIGN

An email this morning which eliviated some anticipation - RM announced another 2022 soveriegn with reasonable mintage and a special reverse design. I assume 2022 is not a typo, and a fair move by the RM, who will undoubtly release a 2023 issue, potentially with the traditional reverse design! 

I think there will be proverbial overnight queues for this one! 

The availability of a bullion version of the same design puts me off slightly. If it weren't for that, I would have no hesitation in getting one of the proofs as they'd then be super special. But then again it's still pretty unique to have two sovereign designs in the same year! Argh, decisions :D 

@westminstrel you're really sharp with this stuff, is this the right proclamation? 

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4170151

Have you seen another potential proclamation that could be the 2023 issue?

Edited by harrygill111

35 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

The availability of a bullion version of the same design puts me off slightly. If it weren't for that, I would have no hesitation in getting one of the proofs as they'd then be super special. But then again it's still pretty unique to have two sovereign designs in the same year! Argh, decisions :D 

Hi Paul. I hope that you are well. Please can you point me in the right direction for the information about the issue of a bullion version? I had assumed that it would be proofs only. Thanks, Chris

2 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Hi Paul. I hope that you are well. Please can you point me in the right direction for the information about the issue of a bullion version? I had assumed that it would be proofs only. Thanks, Chris

I don't have anything to point you at unfortunately, but I am fairly certain about it. 

Just now, Zhorro said:

Why doesn't the RM just tell us when it will be released??

They have? The website says 9am on 15th Nov.

2 hours ago, harrygill111 said:

image.thumb.png.632f1cd9b9d82524de46e5af95e0e3ba.png

The Memorial Sovereign 2022

The official coinage portrait of His Majesty The King will soon appear on a memorial edition of The Sovereign, marking a historic moment for the ‘chief coin of the world’. This edition of our flagship coin, which is the second Sovereign of the year, will be dated 2022 and include a rare change of reverse design in tribute to the life and legacy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

Mintages:

THE PIEDFORT SOVEREIGN

THE SOVEREIGN

THE HALF-SOVEREIGN

THE QUARTER-SOVEREIGN

2 hours ago, Solachesis said:

Pretty low mintages, doubt I'll be able to snag one, expecting a huge queue lol 

An email this morning which eliviated some anticipation - RM announced another 2022 soveriegn with reasonable mintage and a special reverse design. I assume 2022 is not a typo, and a fair move by the RM, who will undoubtly release a 2023 issue, potentially with the traditional reverse design! 

I think there will be proverbial overnight queues for this one! 

2 hours ago, Agaupl said:

Going to try my luck nonetheless 

Well I never!

It looks very similar to a mockup we created about two months ago.

I hope the RM didn't copy our design!

😎 

Chards

Does anyone have any tips for queueing? At around 8:30 the website goes down whilst they "launch their newest product" but it doesn't seem to tell you that unless you are navigating a fresh page, so do you refresh/click on a new product around 8:30 to get this page to show up? Or do you just leave your browser until 9am and then refresh or...? 

2 hours ago, paulmerton said:

It's also quite exciting that the proof quarter sovereign looks like it'll be available to purchase on its own.

Hopefully a good distraction for the general public! 

Distraction GIF | Gfycat

In 2009, we bought 500 x proof quarter sovereigns direct from the RM.

They were a slight bargain at the time, being only about 10% more expensive than the bullion version.

I just discovered we sold our last one of them about a month ago!

😎

Chards

11 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

Does anyone have any tips for queueing? At around 8:30 the website goes down whilst they "launch their newest product" but it doesn't seem to tell you that unless you are navigating a fresh page, so do you refresh/click on a new product around 8:30 to get this page to show up? Or do you just leave your browser until 9am and then refresh or...? 

😎

Chards

12 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

They were a slight bargain at the time, being only about 10% more expensive than the bullion version.

😎

These will surely be different! Although probably not that cheap 🤣

10 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

😎

Sounds like you need a new sales team if it took them 13 years to sell 500 😎, just kidding.

Tbf margin must of been very good considering spot price increased🤣👍 

1 minute ago, Slam said:

Sounds like you need a new sales team if it took them 13 years to sell 500 😎, just kidding.

Tbf margin must of been very good considering spot price increased🤣👍 

We don't have a "Sales Team". The nearest we have is a "Customer Service Team".

We have never done hard selling, and simply worked on trying to give good advice, and helping potential customers find what they want.

The margin on the last few was indeed quite good, but hardly a profitable way to run a business, taking 13 years to sell.

😎

Chards

4 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

We don't have a "Sales Team". The nearest we have is a "Customer Service Team".

We have never done hard selling, and simply worked on trying to give good advice, and helping potential customers find what they want.

The margin on the last few was indeed quite good, but hardly a profitable way to run a business, taking 13 years to sell.

😎

We have all done that in our said fields