• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Memorial Sovereign 2022 with King Charles

harrygill111

32 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

So...You are confirming you will have some to sell and it isn't just a Royal mint direct release? 😎

Anything I know which is not in the public domain is subject to embargo!

Proof sovereign ranges have never previously been an RM direct only release, so there would be no reason to expect anything different this time.

Does the RM say they can only be bought direct?

😎

Chards

28 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Anything I know which is not in the public domain is subject to embargo!

Proof sovereign ranges have never previously been an RM direct only release, so there would be no reason to expect anything different this time.

Does the RM say they can only be bought direct?

😎

No they don't, that's true, but if there is 3000 bullion half sovereigns supposedly, which will easily get snapped up from their website within minutes, at a higher price than a reseller, then I'd assume they wouldn't bother sending such small portions out to places such as Chards/Atkinson's as the mintage numbers are low and it's a limited time, right? 

I could be wrong, but if I knew people would buy my small amount of boxes of chocolates directly from me within 30 minutes of release, I wouldn't bother sending them out to resellers.

Edit: Ignore me I cant read

😁

Edited by Solachesis
I'm stooopid

13 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

If anyone has a fool-proof method for getting to the front of the queue, I very much doubt they would post it on here🙄

I just wanted to know if refreshing the page put you back 20,000 places, I'm sure such information wouldn't cause the person giving it to miss out on the very last sovereign, I imagine people have their own methods such as keeping the royal mint website open overnight, opening different pages in other tabs, or trying the queue on multiple different devices, none of which I would be bothered to do.

3 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

No they don't, that's true, but if there is 3000 bullion half sovereigns supposedly, which will easily get snapped up from their website within minutes, at a higher price than a reseller, then I'd assume they wouldn't bother sending such small portions out to places such as Chards/Atkinson's as the mintage numbers are low and it's a limited time, right? 

I could be wrong, but if I knew people would buy my small amount of boxes of chocolates directly from me within 30 minutes of release, I wouldn't bother sending them out to resellers 😁

Sure, but if you could choose how many boxes to create / source, wouldn't you want to maximise your profits by having a bite of two cherry flavoured ones?

😎

Chards

"Welcoming His Majesty The King onto its obverse and paying tribute to the remarkable reign of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II"

So in that case, is it reasonable to expect the reverse design to be an exact copy of the Platinum Jubilee edition?

In theory then, it shouldn't be the Charles version of the Royal Arms if there is such a thing.

Talk about milking it, and is it likely to adversely  impact on the current value of said 2022 Platinum version?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Where did you get this information about bullion Sovereigns from?

Out of my arse, because apparently I've misread the page out of excitement, assumed bullion was the numbers listed as it didn't say proof, yet had a BU section. My mistake, it was LEP

3 hours ago, harrygill111 said:

@westminstrel you're really sharp with this stuff, is this the right proclamation? 

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4170151

Have you seen another potential proclamation that could be the 2023 issue?

No I haven’t seen any other Proclamation that could be for Sovereigns except this one.

I think I assumed this one was for the 2023 Sovereign, since we all expected it to be released at the end of this year; but the “memorial 2022” concept seems to have taken us all by surprise.

I expect they will do the standard St. George and the Dragon for the 2023 Coronation Sovereign, and even if they don’t, there will have to be another Proclamation for it… unless the 2023 Coronation Sovereign also happens to have yet another “Coat of Arms” reverse design, in which case this Proclamation will cover the specifications for it.

17 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

"Welcoming His Majesty The King onto its obverse and paying tribute to the remarkable reign of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II"

So in that case, is it reasonable to expect the reverse design to be an exact copy of the Platinum Jubilee edition?

In theory then, it shouldn't be the Charles version of the Royal Arms if there is such a thing.

Talk about milking it, and is it likely to adversely  impact on the current value of said 2022 Platinum version?

I don’t think so. I think both Sovereigns will be quite desirable, and in fact the “pair” might be even more desirable as a sort of “bookend” since they are both dated 2022.

9 minutes ago, MergingCultures said:

I managed to get a 2022 Proof using my phone while having a boozy lunch!! I didn't even notice the queue!!

It was strange this time last year, I got my 3 coin set close to 10am

Edited by harrygill111

1 hour ago, dirt94 said:

If you only had the funds to purchase one of these products which would be the best? The Piedfort? It’s mintages went down to a relatively low level.

'The best' under which aspect? For most collectors, the full sov is the must-have. In terms of future value, I still think the full sov is the best, but the quintuple may be close.

I will try to catch a full and a half.

If you want to say you have sovereigns from one year with two different monarchs, then these will no doubt pay for themselves and some, otherwise, just wait for the 2023 issues, which in themselves will hold a premium, but, should be available at a better price.🤔

1 hour ago, xthomasx said:

'The best' under which aspect? For most collectors, the full sov is the must-have. In terms of future value, I still think the full sov is the best, but the quintuple may be close.

I will try to catch a full and a half.

Future value is what I meant by the best. I knew that the full sov was very collectible but I didn’t know if the Piedfort with a low mintage like that was very sought after or if Piedforts aren’t really collected.