• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Platinum Jubilee SOTD Sovereign

Zhorro

4 minutes ago, JeffM said:

The SOTD has an usual tint to it because of the matte finish.  It's not gold color, but to me it's also not as reddish as the rose gold of the proof Sovereign.  I do like it because it's a bit different.  Glad I bought this.

I think these are great as well. I have this design in all its different variations... proof, bullion and sotd. The sotd is my favourite with the matte finish. 

On 01/03/2022 at 14:57, Mtaybar said:

I think these are great as well. I have this design in all its different variations... proof, bullion and sotd. The sotd is my favourite with the matte finish. 

I agree its the best looking sovereign this year

30 minutes ago, JeffM said:

There will be a SOTD when the Queen gets off the throne and the royal flush is heard throughout the land.

A struck on the day to commemorate a s@#* On The Day.... ? Could be something the mint would do! 🤣

Edited by Mtaybar

• 2 weeks later...

I am confused, can anyone enlighten me please.

I ordered and paid for my SOTD Sovereign mid January, I then received email in early February quoting ETA mid March, then yesterday another email quoting delivery, to my dealer, mid April.

My question is why?

If the item was produced on 6th February and had already been paid for where is it?

Why a wait of 2 months for it to get from South Wales, to my dealer and then to me?

It all seems a bit smelly to me, is there some creative accounting going on somewhere?

The item is, apparently, in existence, it has been paid for, so actually the value is on someone’s books twice, or on two sets of books, either way it is making someone’s accounts look healthier than they actually are.

Maybe I am just being too cynical, suspicious or just plan realistic.

I thought I had bought physical Gold not some mythical dream.

I also appear to be in the same position. I have just received an email from Chards informing me of yet another extension of the delivery time to Chards themselves, not to me. This time I've been told to expect delivery of this item to Chards on the 18th April. 

I'm probably going to cancel this order as I'm starting to run out of patience. I think I'm within my right to mention that this isn't the first poor experience I've had with Chards. This particular issue may be out of Chards' control, but then again who are we to believe.

32 minutes ago, chrisdobb said:

Why a wait of 2 months for it to get from South Wales, to my dealer and then to me?

Nothing unusual at the moment mate, the Mint still haven't delivered some Gothic Quatered Arms from early December.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

10 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Isn't it something to do with Chards actually sourcing them from abroad or something like that?

I thought Chards had been in this business since 1964. Surely by now you would have thought that they would have built up some kind of relationship with The Royal Mint direct. Why on earth would a British company which has been trading for nearly 60 years need to buy British gold from overseas.

Just now, CoinBug said:

I thought Chards had been in this business since 1964. Surely by now you would have thought that they would have built up some kind of relationship with The Royal Mint direct. Why on earth would a British company which has been trading for nearly 60 years need to buy British gold from overseas.

I don't know, that's just the impression I got from some recent interviews. I don't think they get coins directly from the mint, as it works out cheaper to get them from a supplier in a different country. At least, that's my guess anyway. Hopefully nothing to do with any restrictions imposed by Barry 🙃

51 minutes ago, chrisdobb said:

I am confused, can anyone enlighten me please.

I ordered and paid for my SOTD Sovereign mid January, I then received email in early February quoting ETA mid March, then yesterday another email quoting delivery, to my dealer, mid April.

My question is why?

If the item was produced on 6th February and had already been paid for where is it?

It all seems a bit smelly to me, is there some creative accounting going on somewhere?

The item is, apparently, in existence, it has been paid for, so actually the value is on someone’s books twice, or on two sets of books, either way it is making someone’s accounts look healthier than they actually are.

Maybe I am just being too cynical, suspicious or just plan realistic.

I thought I had bought physical Gold not some mythical dream.

I would suggest you contact Chards to ask why.  Maybe @LawrenceChard can advise?  I'm in the same position as you but I'm in no rush and I would rather wait for the sovereign than cancel the order.

There are general coin delays since covid. Not only minting, despatch also delays. For some coins i've, or we have, waited almost a year. Another coin was sitting like 2 months at Melbourne airport, just waiting for departure to Europe. It went from Australia to several airports/depots in the US, after another 6 weeks it arrived in Germany. If they buy the coins in the US, they first go there, than they come back. In the meantime the supplier has to arrange despatch. So many reasons for a delay and not really a surprise. 

2 hours ago, MJCOIN said:

I would suggest you contact Chards to ask why.  Maybe @LawrenceChard can advise?  I'm in the same position as you but I'm in no rush and I would rather wait for the sovereign than cancel the order.

Thanks for tagging me in, and for your supportive comments.

I am still waiting for some information, and there is some which we would not disclose for various reasons, but...

[21/02 10:36] 
UPS attempting to charge us import VAT on investment gold again...
[22/02 08:37] 
(UPS) will likely issue us an import VAT invoice for this today. We won't pay it and are currently disputing with UPS
[03/03 14:18] 
I believe *******'s UPS account is getting mixed up with the other Chards UPS account. Doesn't excuse the fact they're attempting to charge us import VAT on investment gold, but at least we now have a copy of the invoice. they are also aware of the issue
[Tuesday 14:08] 
UPS person has finally read our email disputing the import VAT
[Yesterday 16:31] 
    Good afternoon

I can confirm the import charges have been credited in full.

With Regards

Post Clearance Dept

We actually received a major delivery of them today, which "fulfils orders up to 20th January"

Carriers lodging incorrect VAT status on import documents is very common. My guess is it happens about 50% if the time, and it seems like all carriers are guilty of it.
Unless you ordered after 20th January, you should hear from our Warehouse / Shipping team soon, probably by Monday.
I hope this helps.
@ChardsCoinandBullionDealer may be able to add to this.

Chards

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

Thanks for tagging me in, and for your supportive comments.

I am still waiting for some information, and there is some which we would not disclose for various reasons, but...

[21/02 10:36] 
UPS attempting to charge us import VAT on investment gold again...
[22/02 08:37] 
(UPS) will likely issue us an import VAT invoice for this today. We won't pay it and are currently disputing with UPS
[03/03 14:18] 
I believe *******'s UPS account is getting mixed up with the other Chards UPS account. Doesn't excuse the fact they're attempting to charge us import VAT on investment gold, but at least we now have a copy of the invoice. they are also aware of the issue
[Tuesday 14:08] 
UPS person has finally read our email disputing the import VAT
[Yesterday 16:31] 
    Good afternoon

I can confirm the import charges have been credited in full.

With Regards

Post Clearance Dept

We actually received a major delivery of them today, which "fulfils orders up to 20th January"

Carriers lodging incorrect VAT status on import documents is very common. My guess is it happens about 50% if the time, and it seems like all carriers are guilty of it.
Unless you ordered after 20th January, you should hear from our Warehouse / Shipping team soon, probably by Monday.
I hope this helps.
@ChardsCoinandBullionDealer may be able to add to this.

Thank you Lawrence.  Whilst I appreciate that delays are frustratiing for customers (me included) I have to say that Chards have been excellent at keeping me up to date with expected delivery dates.  Had there been no communication / updates I would have (rightly) been concerned as to where my coin was and what had happened to my money.

Sounds like the issue has been almost resolved and the coins will be with you soonish.

17 minutes ago, MJCOIN said:

Thank you Lawrence.  Whilst I appreciate that delays are frustratiing for customers (me included) I have to say that Chards have been excellent at keeping me up to date with expected delivery dates.  Had there been no communication / updates I would have (rightly) been concerned as to where my coin was and what had happened to my money.

Sounds like the issue has been almost resolved and the coins will be with you soonish.

Thank you!

Now we just hope the RM QC is OK on these!

(3 acronyms in 4 words!)

🙂

Chards