• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Platinum Jubilee SOTD Sovereign

Zhorro

52 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I think they source from all over the place and dont get stock directly from the mint. I've heard them mention here before that they sometimes have to wait for stock to arrive from abroad. @ChardsCoinandBullionDealerand @LawrenceChard could probably put me right if I'm wrong. 

Correct.

I did buy one direct personally, partly to get one early to photograph, but Chards bought from at least 3 sources, in double that number of transactions, all with different delivery projections. None of these were direct from the Royal Mint. One batch got stuck in Customs somewhere, and I think this was a courier failure. I believe that there is one small batch which are still due.

In addition to all this, it also makes sense to reserve a proportion in case of contingencies such as loss in transit, defective coins, and accidental over-allocation.

🙂

Chards

For anyone interested, I was just on phone to RM and asked them to check the stock on a couple of things including this,

They had three in stock, I wasn't greedy and only ordered one, so there are two left - if anyone wants to do the same the product code is PJ22STD 

1 minute ago, Orpster said:

For anyone interested, I was just on phone to RM and asked them to check the stock on a couple of things including this,

They had three in stock, I wasn't greedy and only ordered one, so there are two left - if anyone wants to do the same the product code is PJ22STD 

thats what is nice about this forum - not everyone is greedy greedy greedy and happy to help out others :) 

PS expect two in the "for sale" section next week though you watch lol ! 

6 minutes ago, Orpster said:

£675 was the RRP when it launched if anyones interested 

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

thats what is nice about this forum - not everyone is greedy greedy greedy and happy to help out others :) 

PS expect two in the "for sale" section next week though you watch lol ! 

If someone wants to buy and flip the other two, hey ho.  For some people coin trading is a living, for me its just collecting and an obsession bordering on the unhealthy :) 

Edited by Orpster

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Sold out now :( just called been on the dog n bone to them to grab one 

Someone beat you too it and grabbed both of them I bet, I should have bought all three and offered em on here at cost

Just now, Orpster said:

Someone beat you too it and grabbed both of them I bet, I should have bought all three and offered em on here at cost

i was lucky enough to get one on launch day so cant complain - could have fancied another for the stack though.  Hey ho though, thanks for posting it though    

Just now, Paul said:

i was lucky enough to get one on launch day so cant complain - could have fancied another for the stack though.  Hey ho though, thanks for posting it though    

Same. Otherwise I might've been tempted to try and get one. 

1 minute ago, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=strike+on+day+2022+gold&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

£800-£900 is your going rate to pay for a raw ungraded at the mo according to feebay.  

@Chrispringle85 has one he has not sent for grading yet, he could possibly be tempted to part with it for the lower end of that.  I'm keeping mine, its my precious 

Upvotes for Gollum - Imgflip

4 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Would they have allowed that when the original coin was limited to one per person?

The limit is only on online checkout, when you call direct they may not impose it.  Don't know though as I have never tried to buy multiples.  Usually the limit is 3 I think, though they may have been more strict with the jubilee coins.

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=strike+on+day+2022+gold&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

£800-£900 is your going rate to pay for a raw ungraded at the mo according to feebay.  

That's not too bad to be fair. Still pretty much available though so about right I reckon. Give it a year and these would probably do very well

4 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

That's not too bad to be fair. Still pretty much available though so about right I reckon. Give it a year and these would probably do very well

Yep I agree completely, I only chanced to ask RM today as I had just missed out on one in the graded section earlier but I would comfortably have paid £800 for an ungraded and up to £880 for a top pop.  I want the double proof now but the sets that have them are out of my price bracket so will wait for a graded one from a set that's been split up.