• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Platinum Jubilee SOTD Sovereign

Zhorro

1 hour ago, Foster88 said:

I’m not sure what to do about this. It doesn’t look like the frosting is missing, it looks more like a tiny ‘ding’.

Otherwise as far as I can see its a perfect coin.

EE8A48BE-8754-4E9F-8C0B-A7B8D6C27E59.jpeg

07C1F596-1B87-4D34-91DB-9D20AB457D18.jpeg

What's the magnification on it? Looks over the 5x. I know a picture can make a 5x look bigger though once up on the screen. If it is a 5x, have you zoomed in with the phone as well?

3 minutes ago, Ducat916 said:

Oh dear, looks like Queenie's been glassed, off back to RM it goes - had a lovely chat with same lady I used for my previous return ;)

Surely RM must question the expense of all the returns they have to pay for.

20220218_123711.jpg

20220218_115840.jpg

20220218_120211.jpg

Did they mention replacements? I'm guessing not possible for this release. 

19 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

Did they mention replacements? I'm guessing not possible for this release. 

Mmm, interesting point. I did ask the how can they replace a struck on the day & I asked if they'd struck more on the day than were required, for the inevitable requests for replacements. I've asked for a replacement...we shall see

2 minutes ago, Ducat916 said:

Mmm, interesting point. I did ask the how can they replace a struck on the day & I asked if they'd struck more on the day than were required, for the inevitable requests for replacements. I've asked for a replacement...we shall see

here's hoping they make it right!

15 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Some of these employee reviews look pretty damning on that front.

https://uk.indeed.com/cmp/The-Royal-Mint/reviews

Holy f#ck! we all joke but it sounds like we are closer to the truth than I realised.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Shocking management from top to bottom, quality out the window, we'd pick up the problem take it to management, it would still get passed and shipped to the customer, only for it to be returned for the defects that management were told about during production, then management blame the workers for not catching it. Its all about numbers/product out the door.

Pros

You get paid

Cons

You hate waking up

It sounds pretty awful!

78av.gif

26 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Some of these employee reviews look pretty damning on that front.

https://uk.indeed.com/cmp/The-Royal-Mint/reviews

9 minutes ago, James32 said:

Holy f#ck! we all joke but it sounds like we are closer to the truth than I realised.

Can someone please post a screenshot of the reviews, I’ve clicked the link and it’s asking to either post a job or find a job. 😬 

1 minute ago, Foster88 said:

Can someone please post a screenshot of the reviews, I’ve clicked the link and it’s asking to either post a job or find a job. 😬 

Don't know what happened but they are all blurred out now.

Was able to screenshot the first just.

Screenshot_20220219-001801_Chrome.jpg

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Don't know what happened but they are all blurred out now.

Was able to screenshot the first just.

Screenshot_20220219-001801_Chrome.jpg

That’s very bad.

I truly think that a business like the RM will only change and improve if we hit them where it hurts in the pocket.

They have clearly listened after the disaster of the 2022 proof sovereign release and put the SOTD sovereigns in scree capsules.

Everytime I’ve had to speak to RM customer services department they’ve always been very obliging and courteous. I think it may be the decision makers at the top where the problem lies.

It’s pretty obvious that the workers care about quality, but management wants nothing more than to just push these coins out the door.  Nothing will change because they are the only game in town and we will keep buying.  So they sell and we buy.  What’s the incentive for them to improve?  Nothing!  Costs of returns are minuscule when dealing with their volume.

1 minute ago, JeffM said:

It’s pretty obvious that the workers care about quality, but management wants nothing more than to just push these coins out the door.  Nothing will change because they are the only game in town and we will keep buying.  So they sell and we buy.  What’s the incentive for them to improve?  Nothing!  Costs of returns are minuscule when dealing with their volume.

I agree 100%.

They have the monopoly in UK. They sell and we buy.

The RM doesn’t get it wrong all of the time but sometimes they do. However is it a case of those who are happy with their order don’t often share that.

We all know an unhappy customer is statistically more likely to leave a review than a happy one.

7 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

What's the magnification on it? Looks over the 5x. I know a picture can make a 5x look bigger though once up on the screen. If it is a 5x, have you zoomed in with the phone as well?

It’s 10x magnification through a loupe that I took these photos through. It can’t be seen with the naked eye. The rest of the coin is stunning.

Maybe I’m being too fussy.

Regardless, I do like this and I feel it is truly unique as to the occasion it marks.

I’d still stand by my comment earlier in this thread. If there was a SOTD sovereign to own I feel that this is it.

It appears from the earlier post that the RM Board is now in the area of making promises to the customer and then forcing the actual flexitime workers to just get it done without listening to any complaints or feedback which they seemingly do not want to hear or be bothered with.

I have bought my last coin directly from the Royal Mint until I am convinced there has been a change. 

Edited by Oldun

2 minutes ago, SovereignBishop said:

The benefit of buying from a dealer is they have already checked the coins and returned any crapp ones.

Conversely, they may have cherry-picked out the better ones for themselves, or to sell at an even greater premium later on. At least with buying direct from the mint you might get lucky with a low COA number (or the bigger gamble, acceptable quality!)

I got my sotd sov today. Me and the Mrs spent about 15mins going over it with an 11x mag. I'm chuffed to say it's impeccable and not a mark can be found. Total grader in my opinion though I'm not doing that. I'll post pics when I can and I don't have the grandkid airring around. She makes me nervous my "70" will be made a 50 🤣