• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

16 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

You are all WRONG! He has bought sleep, peace of mind and no 8am alarms in march 😂

Thanks all! Clearly the sleep is the most important part!!

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

Check your order confirmation emails, if you ordered the Quartered Arms & Portrait then you are good to go for March. 

Otherwise you are going to have a stressful morning come march!

rm3.jpg.9405764019c13f9dae84695b4a54030c.jpg

thanks for highlighting, this whoop whoop !! - when ive looked at my emails, i never even realised i had ordered both ! lol 

Great so, got the second in series without trying.  That'll free up one place in the the queue in March 

IMG_2528.JPG

I was not given the option of buying the Gothic Portratit which is going to be launched in March.  I have phoned the RM i spoke the the customer services, they have forwarded my order up to let the 'department' know i was not given an option to order the next release. 

1 minute ago, Piperscoins said:

I was not given the option of buying the Gothic Portratit which is going to be launched in March.  I have phoned the RM i spoke the the customer services, they have forwarded my order up to let the 'department' know i was not given an option to order the next release. 

I was the same on the phone they said they cant do anything about it because before placing a new order they need to cancel yours. Also they are saying sold out so they cant cancel your original and change to both.

20 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

So what's the difference ? Lol

No milk spots on the Alderney? 😀

They have tried to change the queens side to look like the original gothic portrait, the RMs hands were probably tied on that one and had to use the normal queens portrait.

I was not able to get the 2oz gold and the secondary market seems to be a bit too much for my liking. I thought that the impact of the sales prices being acheived for the Three Graces would lead to a more realistic secondary market for the gold, but clearly not - the Gothic is likely to be in Una territory, I think.

I am just going to sell the silver I got (including the Alderney version) and move on as I'm not really wanting to keep them without their gold brother. Having the Unas and the 3Gs is enough for me I think. Especially with the original Gothic Crown next to them in the safe box! Feel sad saying this, but it is what it is. My OCD is breaking my heart today!!

1 minute ago, GoldStatue said:

No milk spots on the Alderney? 😀

They have tried to change the queens side to look like the original gothic portrait, the RMs hands were probably tied on that one and had to use the normal queens portrait.

I bought the Alderney pair for an early price when they came out as back up. I really like the young QEII’s gothic portrait on it. 

5 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Just a word to everyone out there involved in this morning's blood bath.

Lots of emotions will be flying around regarding queue systems, getting on in the first place and then even buying!

For those lucky few that got the 2 oz gold now comes the even harder bit, actually deciding what to do with it and if you are after profit how to best make that profit. 

FOMO and feeling bad for not buying the 2 oz gold is natural but it will pass - this was basically a lottery this morning. I estimated about a 2% chance of getting a gold and 5 oz silver and about 20% of getting a 2 oz silver.

Try to not feel bad if you missed out, its only money and the green eyed monster can be a bad path to fall down.

Look after yourselves all!

Well spoken and big congratulations to those who did.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

12 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

So what's the difference ? Lol

This one by the Commonwealth Mint has a much better fitting portrait of QE, is PF70 graded (good luck for the RM coins) and has a lower mintage. And it is just the smaller 28.28gr version. I wished i had luck with the RM queue, but because of this Alderney set with a great Lizzi portrait by Jody Clark i'm still good. It is for sure no coincident, that the Great Engravers coins coming around the same time by the EIC and the Commonwealth Mint, before the RM. You think, they use other tools and technique for restriking WW coins? There must be some kind of agreement or coworking. And if i see, how many 3G are still available at dealers, not mentioning eBay offers, i would never pay crazy premiums after release. Release prizes are crazy enough for me. 

Good for everyone, that gets his coins direct on release at the RM. Especially for them, that are holding a Una and are really collecting this series from the beginning. For all the others it's just a missed opportunity for possible fast cash. 

7 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

I was the same on the phone they said they cant do anything about it because before placing a new order they need to cancel yours. Also they are saying sold out so they cant cancel your original and change to both.

looks like we are in the same boat.   Hopefully  we will get an email in a few days with our name on the next release list. 

One last note on FOMO

A very good and old friend of mine that I introduced to coins and indeed this series was super lucky to get a 2 oz gold

He feels terrible he got one and I didn't

But I don't - I get to film it and showcase it and not have the worry of having spent £10k on two coins and then working out what to do with them!

Life is too short to have worries over such things. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

This one by the Commonwealth Mint has a much better fitting portrait of QE, is PF70 graded (good luck for the RM coins) and has a lower mintage. And it is just the smaller 28.28gr version. I wished i had luck with the RM queue, but because of this Alderney set with a great Lizzi portrait by Jody Clark i'm still good. It is for sure no coincident, that the Great Engravers coins coming around the same time by the EIC and the Commonwealth Mint, before the RM. You think, they use other tools and technique for restriking WW coins? There must be some kind of agreement or coworking. And if i see, how many 3G are still available at dealers, not mentioning eBay offers, i would never pay crazy premiums after release. Release prizes are crazy enough for me. 

Good for everyone, that gets his coins direct on release at the RM. Especially for them, that are holding a Una and are really collecting this series from the beginning. For all the others it's just a missed opportunity for possible fast cash. 

Very true. I'm not an after market person when it comes to these sorts of releases. It's either in at the source or not at all. I can't cry over spilt milk. Fast cash for some, a chance to complete a set for others.