• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

Well, the RM Lunar series looks like it could have looked way better than it did/does. There are no other RM sets out there that look desirable. As for this new set, the concept is solid, the three Seymour beasts and Tudor Dragon sound intriguing. the overlapping beasts may well be redesigned. I quite like this design, says Royal heraldry IMHO, the tail seems to be arranged in that position to fill negative space, ready to unthink Jody Clark designs for now, and will probably get this coin in silver proof🙄 or try to acquire this set in nickel🤔 and obtain the completer in silver proof😊 and hope I don't miss out on the silver quarter ounce set🤪 Does anyone know how many designs they will release each year?

Edited by Shell
Edit

I'll probably go for the 2oz silver and BU cupronickel. The 2oz for me and the 'crowns' for re-sale. The cupronickel coins of the Queens Beasts appeared to do better profit wise (as a percentage of purchase price) than any of the PMs.

I'd be surprised if any of these coins will command a premium like some of the earlier QBs did - pretty sure everyone and their mum will be buying multiple coins / editions from day one... 

Who would like a Kings Beasts 

57 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Ah, the King is Dead, long live the King! 

Maybe we see a kings return with a Kings Beasts Series by Jody Clark from the Commonwealth Mint. Releasing a 11 coin set with the Completer in the middle on 6th October would be kind of Blitzkrieg in coin business

Hmm not blown away by this at all. To be honest the whole beast theme has worn thin on me. Have the full QB 1oz gold set and completor, but yet more beasts? I hope the design is better than that.

Pleased to hear its no JC, he did great but again I’m a bit bored of his newer designs they’ve turned a bit cartoony.

Im hoping the 2022 sovereigns don’t disappoint.

Just now, Rll1288 said:

I actually got an invite a few weeks ago to attend the release at Hampton court next Wednesday... the Missus an me are going

If there is a Q&A can you ask them if they intend on employing any quality assurance for this series? Unless the milk spots on the QB series are supposed to represent bird sh*t on the statues....

6 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

If there is a Q&A can you ask them if they intend on employing any quality assurance for this series? Unless the milk spots on the QB series are supposed to represent bird sh*t on the statues....

🙂 I am pretty sure that will get asked a few times

I just assumed they'd release the kings beast when a king ascends to the throne.

At least this time around no one will get caught out with the surprise release of a completer coin and have to quickly amend their display cases to fit it in 😀

The first design seems a bit average to me, the panther is at a different angle to the previous queens beasts which seems to create a lot more empty space on the coin, I guess that is going to be a characteristic of this new set.

To be fair the queens beast set is going to be a hard act to follow, everyone liked the majority of the designs and it seemed to have sold well all over the place.

After the 10-coin Queen's Beast, suddenly there came the completer. Now you think that's all, da da... Hail the royal beasts from the Hampton Court! 

http://content.royalmint.com/?IRTsWWd6gx1gYgCxfi1LxRmIBWVFQbLeI 💸💸

I don't know whether this would become a hot series. I am indeed satisfied with my QB sets. 😊😊

Edited by west6
Typo

• west6 changed the title to Beasts on the loose .... at the Royal Mint

@Shell I have the BUNC versions apart from the couple that are really expensive. Nice change.

Last time I did 1oz Bullion gold. I think i’m going to do quarter ounce bullion this time because I am skint for the next few months.

Edited by FlorinCollector

• Founder & Administrator

Topic merged into pre-existing one :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

If that's the design it's an absolute effing shocker :o

On 30/09/2021 at 10:58, AndrewSL76 said:

The last person I know of who did this was so shocked by the hostile reaction they ended up in tears and senior management had to intervene...