• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

57 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Haha...the QB's were a lovely set I purchased a few but wasn't init at the beginning so didn't buy the set..The RM do have a problem with milkspots and quality control on there coins which can be on the coin when you receive it and can appear overtime (Not always) which every person who collects or stacks silver hates. Saying that it's not just silver bullion or proofs from RM it happens with all mints from around the world. I've been very fortunate that none of my Silver coins has developed milkspotting so its not a constant but something to think about when buying silver coins.

Have a look at the designs of the QB's set...they are special and loved by many a collector...then compare them with the first of the King's beasts coin tomorrow...it will give you a good idea what the set will look like going forward.

Good luck and hope it works out for you.

Regards.

To be fair, I do have a few of the QBs in 2 and 10 Oz silver but picked these up after the event so to speak. I suppose my original question arose because you do still see some/plenty of the later QBs on lots of bullion websites, (the greyhound 1oz and 1/4 Oz gold are all over the place plus the new 10oz silver and 1oz platinum)  so wasn't necessarily expecting there to be a sell out in the morning with no chance of getting hold of some over the next few weeks. 

We'll see how it plays out, and fyi, if that panther design is true my initial reaction would be to prefer the QBs style, but the simplistic, almost cartoony (He man😂) KBs style might grow on me in time.

Thanks for your thoughts and advice.👍

17 minutes ago, lubi29 said:

Seymour Panther

1 oz silver proof mintage 7010

2 oz silver proof mintage 2000

Plus propably some gold proofs.

That can’t be right 

thats quite low mintage 

3 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

That can’t be right 

thats quite low mintage 

Not really pal 7010 is high IMHO for silver 1oz proof & I think I'm giving the panther a miss I don't like the design, you can see it in the flesh on this RM video about 2.25 in if you can't be bothered to watch it all.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

23 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

Not really pal 7010 is high IMHO for silver 1oz proof & I think I'm giving the panther a miss I don't like the design, you can see it in the flesh on this RM video about 2.25 in if you can't be bothered to watch it all.

Maybe i'm paranoid, but is there on 4 o'clock a milkspot? Fears of a silverjunky...

Not sure that I like the design, but have a bit of FOMO. I may change my mind tomorrow morning, but am feeling that I won’t be buying at the moment. The series is far too similar to the Queen’s Beasts and you would have hoped that the Royal Mint would have come up with something more original, especially with such a short time having passed after the Queen’s Beasts series finished.

1 hour ago, motorbikez said:

Royal mint will tell you It’s another privy 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Only got into the beasts late on and got imp the best of series greyhound, griffin, and the completer 

can’t see myself chasing this one, think rm fail with this and the mario kart reference early in the thread sums this one up perfectly!

plus Hedging all my funds for a busy next fews months with new sovereign on route and possibly a third engravers this year also 

but each to their own though and good luck to all 

Very nice event tonight... I must say... I very much like the Tudor Beasts... the Panther is the first of ten over 5 years....

C776A702-62B6-4397-A252-4D64BBD1D05E.heic F3EEE6CC-DB01-492A-887B-38C015FE81C4.heic 5A8F2100-D66D-47A2-8E0E-3BED74C73C5E.heic CC7440A1-562C-4B79-8AE9-BF56BD94EDB3.heic 736B8670-30A4-451C-BBC4-4AEA7B2AA193.heic

Edited by Rll1288

4 hours ago, motorbikez said:

Actually in the flesh its very nice... and for me... definitely one for the collection

So tomorrow you will see a 1oz, 2oz, 5oz Silver & Gold with 10oz and 1kg later... as well as 1/4 oz Gold... On the 2oz and smaller you will be able to but the series as you would like the 50p coins i.e. buy into all 10 over the purses of the 5 years

7 hours ago, Shell said:

I

76a14591-01be-46f2-8abf-f381a5075308.jpg

The frosted version does look quite nice.

Can someone explain the beast’s posture to me though?  I can’t make out the anatomy and it’s driving me mildly insane.

What is that “gap” to the left of the shield and below the forepaw?  You can see the field of the coin in that gap.  And what are those two coiled-spotted “loops” at the base, from the back paw to the bottom of the shield.