• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

On 30/09/2021 at 10:56, Rll1288 said:

I actually got an invite a few weeks ago to attend the release at Hampton court next Wednesday... the Missus an me are going

I was also lucky enough to receive an invite, but turned it down due to work commitments. Didn’t realise that you could take your wife as well. I thought that the invite was for just one person. If I knew this I may have taken the afternoon off work to attend.

Initial designs of the new coin series aren't amazing they are simply meh ...however I will probably start collecting them. 🤣

A more detailed and different design approach to the QB series would entice me more to collect different sets of these coins but I get the feeling they (RM) are just milking it with the releases now. They probably anticipate the same amount of appeal as the QB series. Only time will tell...

Easy pass!

In my opinion the RM are marketing the QB series (multiple and completer coins etc) without any focus on their customers.

- Releasing an additional completer coin was just plain wrong.

- Releasing the completer and announcing the new QB serieus before finishing the original series is strike two.

- Doing a slightly different design of the same coins is boring.

A shame for such a great mint. But this is just terrible marketing if you ask me and a big middle finger to the costumers. I'll pass on and new RM releases.*

Just my two sterling bullion completer cents.....

*Exception for Sovereigns obviously. 

3 hours ago, Jvw said:

Easy pass!

In my opinion the RM are marketing the QB series (multiple and completer coins etc) without any focus on their customers.

- Releasing an additional completer coin was just plain wrong.

- Releasing the completer and announcing the new QB serieus before finishing the original series is strike two.

- Doing a slightly different design of the same coins is boring.

A shame for such a great mint. But this is just terrible marketing if you ask me and a big middle finger to the costumers. I'll pass on and new RM releases.*

Just my two sterling bullion completer cents.....

*Exception for Sovereigns obviously. 

Yeah completer was just a scam/money maker for the RM, it is not part of the 10 coin set but is a very nice stand alone coin for anyone who missed out on the set.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

18 hours ago, Chrisplym said:

The more variations around the same theme issued by the Royal Mint unfortunately simply devalues the coins already produced and make them less special. Such a shame.

Yeah I hate when they do too many variations - there’s also a 1 Oz silver this time.  So that’s yet another denomination to dilute the offering.

By the way I’ve PMed you. 🙂

27 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Anyone interested in a sneak preview?

"Durham" variety! 😎

Anyone want to "see more" panthers?

BLACKPANTHERMOCKUP.thumb.jpg.3de51fbc21c21b20b67a17a295344ff6.jpg

or in gold:

BLACKPANTHERgoldMOCKUP.thumb.jpg.55b3a5bad8de7c08e5330514de56053f.jpg

I hope these aren't classed as self-promotion!

Will the Royal Mint's designs be as good as ours?

We will have to wait until tomorrow to see even more panthers..

Which reminds me "Do panthers have spots?" 😎

Chards

Ladies/Gents,

As very much a Newbie to the Precious Metals world, I wanted to ask advice from seasoned members of the Forum re the buying strategy (forgetting the design issue!) of the first coin of a new series.

The Tudor beasts are released tomorrow, the question is this.

Assuming that I would like 3-4 quarter ounce gold coins and a selection of silver, does the smart money buy tomorrow or wait to pick them up, hopefully cheaper, from a dealer sometime later?? Do these things ever run out in the first month or so?

I missed the QBs so would like to get on board with this series.

I hope not a silly question, nor in wrong thread.

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, FFposh said:

Ladies/Gents,

As very much a Newbie to the Precious Metals world, I wanted to ask advice from seasoned members of the Forum re the buying strategy (forgetting the design issue!) of the first coin of a new series.

The Tudor beasts are released tomorrow, the question is this.

Assuming that I would like 3-4 quarter ounce gold coins and a selection of silver, does the smart money buy tomorrow or wait to pick them up, hopefully cheaper, from a dealer sometime later?? Do these things ever run out in the first month or so?

I missed the QBs so would like to get on board with this series.

I hope not a silly question, nor in wrong thread.

Thanks. 

Well the QB's and the Great Engravers series for example sold out in seconds or minutes...you have to have lots of luck on your side as the RM's system usually freezes...you can have items in your cart (if your lucky to get in to the site on the your first attempt) and not receive the coin/s as you just can't reach the checkout stage due to system problems... As others have commented..the RM are milking this series and not just on the condition of the coins.. I don't think the King's beasts will be as popular as the QB"s imo but....(fomo) will kick in and they will probably sell out quickly..depending on the mintages..then some will be flipped on the secondary market for silly money...So if you like them try and get what you want tomorrow as prices will increase on sites like ebay within an hour for all of those that were successful in getting the coins..

Regards. (Hope it hasn't put you off) 😊😊🤣

19 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Well the QB's and the Great Engravers series for example sold out in seconds or minutes...you have to have lots of luck on your side as the RM's system usually freezes...you can have items in your cart (if your lucky to get in to the site on the your first attempt) and not receive the coin/s as you just can't reach the checkout stage due to system problems... As others have commented..the RM are milking this series and not just on the condition of the coins.. I don't think the King's beasts will be as popular as the QB"s imo but....(fomo) will kick in and they will probably sell out quickly..depending on the mintages..then some will be flipped on the secondary market for silly money...So if you like them try and get what you want tomorrow as prices will increase on sites like ebay within an hour for all of those that were successful in getting the coins..

No it hasn't :-).... 

1 hour ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Not necessarily put me off but definitely smacked me around the chops and knocked my rosy glasses off!! There was my vision of The Royal Mint pandering to my every whim as I perused their new offerings sipping on champagne...

It was supposed to be a bit of fun collecting for my kids' futures, I'm not sure I want to get my old gumshield out scrapping for the odd panther of whatever colour.

I will look tomorrow with eyes open and see what's going on!

What a problem🤣🤣

Thanks for setting me straight👍

36 minutes ago, FFposh said:

Not necessarily put me off but definitely smacked me around the chops and knocked my rosy glasses off!! There was my vision of The Royal Mint pandering to my every whim as I perused their new offerings sipping on champagne...

It was supposed to be a bit of fun collecting for my kids' futures, I'm not sure I want to get my old gumshield out scrapping for the odd panther of whatever colour.

I will look tomorrow with eyes open and see what's going on!

What a problem🤣🤣

Thanks for setting me straight👍

Haha...the QB's were a lovely set I purchased a few but wasn't init at the beginning so didn't buy the set..The RM do have a problem with milkspots and quality control on there coins which can be on the coin when you receive it and can appear overtime (Not always) which every person who collects or stacks silver hates. Saying that it's not just silver bullion or proofs from RM it happens with all mints from around the world. I've been very fortunate that none of my Silver coins has developed milkspotting so its not a constant but something to think about when buying silver coins.

Have a look at the designs of the QB's set...they are special and loved by many a collector...then compare them with the first of the King's beasts coin tomorrow...it will give you a good idea what the set will look like going forward.

Good luck and hope it works out for you.

Regards.