• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

• westminstrel changed the title to The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7
2 hours ago, harrygill111 said:

There are a few things I would have done differently when collecting the Queens Beast series. This a good second chance to do it right, so long as the designs are good as Dicker said 

Care to share what you would have done different?

Personally, I would’ve liked to have collected the entire set of the Brilliant Uncirculated coins. 

1 hour ago, Bruce06 said:

Oh....need to work harder again for this series😅

You and me both. I wish I had a partner who was into this stuff too - share the cost and share the pleasure. 😆

Edited by westminstrel

32 minutes ago, cylinder99 said:

Hmm...🤔 five overlapping beasts... guess we would have to see the designs to decide...

I may be wrong but I believe the Royal Dragon from the Tudor Beasts is the same as the Red Dragon of Wales (the Welsh Dragon) from the Queen’s Beasts.

So it is 6 overlapping beasts.

The different ones are the 3 Seymour Beasts and the Tudor Dragon. 

5 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I may be wrong but I believe the Royal Dragon from the Tudor Beasts is the same as the Red Dragon of Wales (the Welsh Dragon) from the Queen’s Beasts.

So it is 6 overlapping beasts.

The different ones are the 3 Seymour Beasts and the Tudor Dragon. 

Somehow i would like to see Jody Clark as the designer of this series again. But it would also be really interested to see another designers interpretation of the overlapping beasts. And i can't wait to see @Howie's proof gold set of all the Tudor's Beasts.😎

Edited by dikefalos

I'll probably collect them as there is nothing else at the moment that takes my fancy in modern coins unless the designs are absolutely dire. But IMHO the RM did a very good job with the QB series so I'd guess they will not want to kill the golden goose so to speak.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

5 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Care to share what you would have done different?

Personally, I would’ve liked to have collected the entire set of the Brilliant Uncirculated coins. 

You and me both. I wish I had a partner who was into this stuff too - share the cost and share the pleasure. 😆

I collected the bullion Queen's Beast set, buying 2-5 of each coin and sold them to subsidise my collection and make a some money on top. Keeping 1 set as i love the series. I flipped all of my 10oz coins for great returns - part owing to the pandemic and the introduction of VAT. 

What i'd do with the new series...

1. Pick up a couple tubes of the early silver bullions and wait till close to the end of the series to sell them on. Need to think carefully about the added VAT on these now!
  2. I'd definitely pick up lots of BU's packet sets. Not purchased these before, but despite the VAT the mark up on these, returns on sold sets on ebay was outstanding + not much cost or risk on these.  
  3. More Gold. Definitely fractionals as I think demand will be higher for these this time (No VAT). More 1oz bullion gold early in the series if the spot market returns to more normal levels. Not interested in getting gold sets together personally - I'm thinking about the long term stack, selling if the premiums are right. 

I've no idea about the proofs market - anyone collected these in QBs series?

I wouldn't spend so much on collectors boxes etc - as the extra completer coin naffed that up. 

43 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

I found something on german silverforum. No more Jody Clark, David Lawrence took his shot. First proof issue, the Seymour Panther. 

Screenshot_20210929-154255_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210929-154237_Gallery.jpg

Wow thanks… this is a great find. 😀

The new style will get some taking used to, for sure, but certainly this could be a great new series. 

Very interesting. Personally I didn't collect the QB's series as I only started buying silver last year which was towards the end of the series. Would be nice to collect one from the start. Maybe buy 6 of each 1 to keep and 5 to hold in the stockpile and see how they perform.

1 minute ago, Frenchie said:

At first sight,  the tail position is weird and I am not excited by this design for the moment.  Maybe I am used to Jody Clark's "touch", maybe it will grow in me with time....

Agreed 100%.  I think the beast is a bit too big, or maybe it’s head seems too big, but certainly its pose seems a bit “off”.

As I said above I think the style of this new series will take some getting used to.

I feel like David Lawrence might even be deliberately trying to differentiate it from Jody Clark’s designs.

21 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

At first sight,  the tail position is weird and I am not excited by this design for the moment.  Maybe I am used to Jody Clark's "touch", maybe it will grow in me with time....

You are right with the tail. It looks like coming from the neck. Maybe they put the tail on the marketing immages on different positions to see, where the leak comes from and the original design has it on the right place.🤣

But seriously, to make designs, like JC with the QB, it's like trying to play like Messi at Barca. It would look like Messi at PSG. So David Lawrence will do good, putting his personal touch on the TB. If they will be great as the QB's? We will see.

Edited by dikefalos