• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Something special tomorrow - 10 Queen’s Beasts

32 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

My new favourite coin! It’s the bullion if you hadn’t guessed - couldn’t get the proof! Got a silver proof coming soon though!

51F7C381-02DB-4E7A-9BB4-74C359F9C392.jpeg

Did it come in that capsule with the insert or is that one of your own? Looks awesome with black insert...

34 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:
2 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Did it come in that capsule with the insert or is that one of your own? Looks awesome with black insert...

it came in a plain clear one but the insert one is one of my own which matches my other QB and fits the tubes i keep my 1oz in

9 minutes ago, LolRasta said:

So Jelly everyone is getting there's and I am still waiting. 

I am thinking of selling the proof 1 once gold when it arrives and get the bullion. As they both look amazing without the 2x price tag for the proof on the spot.

I wonder what other people think in my position  

I’ll buy it.

3 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

it came in a plain clear one but the insert one is one of my own which matches my other QB and fits the tubes i keep my 1oz in

I’ll buy it.

Like a rat up a drainpipe lol :)

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

7 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

I’ll buy it.

Will let you know once my credit card statement is ready and see if I cant pay it off in 2 months if I cant will message you and maybe we can swap +a price difference ? if your still interested in two months that is.   

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144025964970

1oz gold 'completer' proof up for auction on fleabay - pop a watch on it see what it sells for in after market 

on a 3 day sale by the looks of it 

what was the cost from the mint for a proof?

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

I may want to sell my 5oz silver and 1oz gold proofs if the price is right as I have decided to try to buy the 2oz gold proof. It is a fantastic design and a real keeper, but one coin will most probably suffice for me.

4 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

I may want to sell my 5oz silver and 1oz gold proofs if the price is right as I have decided to try to buy the 2oz gold proof. It is a fantastic design and a real keeper, but one coin will most probably suffice for me.

Be interested in the 5oz Chris 🤠

16 hours ago, Alz111 said:

Does anyone know when the 2oz billion will be released ? 
I can see the 1oz gold is already for sale. 

Don't know, but that would make it the world's largest coin ever!

Works out at about 31,000 tonnes. 🙂

Correction: 62,000 tonnes.

Edited by LawrenceChard
correction added

Chards

33 minutes ago, MrB said:

Same boat. I really wanted that 5oz but I am rather happy with the 1 oz proof, especially as it has none of the minting errors some of the previous proofs I've had from RM have had. 

All is well.

Actually, I am still jealous.

If you were to buy the 5 ounce you'd not be far off paying for one coin what you paid for 10....wierd logic, one reason I settled for the 1oz proof..to add to, not to be lead by to the slaughter house.

It would seem something special is quickly turning into something flawed at least with regards to the 1oz gold proofs. A number of them have been reported to have a defect in the arch above the unicorn including my own. Attached is a photo of mine but there are a bunch of others at this point including the one that was put up for auction on ebay earlier today - this fault is the reason the auction was ended. The theory I've seen given elsewhere is that the mint overused the die. Some I've seen look worse than my own with even more of the arch missing.

20210501_225619.jpg

Edited by AppleZippoandMetronome

9 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

It would seem something special is quickly turning into something flawed at least with regards to the 1oz gold proofs. A number of them have been reported to have a defect in the arch above the unicorn including my own. Attached is a photo of mine but there are a bunch of others at this point including the one that was put up for auction on ebay earlier today - this fault is the reason the auction was ended. The theory I've seen given elsewhere is that the mint overused the die. Some I've seen look worse than my own with even more of the arch missing.

I am sure the RM will take it back and send you a new one? 

1 hour ago, NewCoins said:

There seems to be one still on ebay with the issue.

Wow that one looks bad. 

I wonder if mine when it comes will have the issue too or is it just the first batch? 

6 minutes ago, LolRasta said:

I am sure the RM will take it back and send you a new one?

It will be packaged up and sent back to them when the post office opens up Tuesday morning. My fear is that there are going to be a lot of them like this and if they get too many people sending them back they may not replace them all. There is some debate in other groups about how it might still grade so there is the chance the mint won't replace it if they still think it will grade 68+. To me it is a very clear fault though - one visible with the naked eye. It isn't what I'd expect on a coin with a £1000+ premium.

6 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Paul’s gold 1oz proofs looked good in the photos and didn’t appear to have a problem. I wonder what COA numbers he had. 🤔

The COA's for the faulty coins so far are all over the place which you'd exect given they are assigned randomly. They aren't given out by the order the coins were minted.

28 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

It will be packaged up and sent back to them when the post office opens up Tuesday morning. My fear is that there are going to be a lot of them like this and if they get too many people sending them back they may not replace them all. There is some debate in other groups about how it might still grade so there is the chance the mint won't replace it if they still think it will grade 68+. To me it is a very clear fault though - one visible with the naked eye. It isn't what I'd expect on a coin with a £1000+ premium.

Can’t see it makes any difference to the coin, it’s not a scratch or a print. On panda coins have some with extra/less frosting and they are defined as different.   Can’t see how it would effect grade as it’s a minting issue not post minting issue. If I had one I’d keep it and enjoy knowing that there may only be 50 odd like it