• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Something special tomorrow - 10 Queen’s Beasts

8 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Can’t see it makes any difference to the coin, it’s not a scratch or a print. On panda coins have some with extra/less frosting and they are defined as different.   Can’t see how it would effect grade as it’s a minting issue not post minting issue. If I had one I’d keep it and enjoy knowing that there may only be 50 odd like it

Well said .I agree entirely. Waiting on my proof 1oz from the coinconnection, usually a delay before they are sent out as they perform QC check prior to despatch.

19 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Can’t see it makes any difference to the coin, it’s not a scratch or a print. On panda coins have some with extra/less frosting and they are defined as different.   Can’t see how it would effect grade as it’s a minting issue not post minting issue. If I had one I’d keep it and enjoy knowing that there may only be 50 odd like it

I can certainly see and appreciate that point of view. More so if it was the wrong die or planchet or something similar.

But on the other hand this is a proof coin which should be the "highest standard". If this is due to a die being overused or other manufacturing problems I just can't see how the mint could reasonably say its "high standard". That combined with the fact there were 600 (?) of the 1oz gold you would imagine they could have and should have gotten that right.

All said if the person receiving it is happy with it then that's fine too. But if you aren't happy with it I don't think its unreasonable to complain.

Whether you will receive another or a better one is a different discussion!

Edited by NewCoins

45 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

Well said .I agree entirely. Waiting on my proof 1oz from the coinconnection, usually a delay before they are sent out as they perform QC check prior to despatch.

How much more do you pay buying through cc? Also don't fully agree my Engineering brain would keep thinking the arch will crush the poor beast. Just my OCD but everyone to there own. 

Edited by LolRasta

4 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Someone else on one of the Facebook groups made this same point. I suppose my concern is there seems to be such a demand lately for the perfect coin. While I didn't buy this to flip it - I really like the design - it will inevitably be sold to fund something else at some point and so where it is not perfect I fear how that will affect its desireability/value. I've not been in this position before so the immediate thought is to return but your comment and others have me wondering if I should rethink that.

I also used to replace “bullion” gold coins from the royal mint with no problem. So i am sure they will replace your 2.3k proof coin without checking if its gets a 68+.  I guess that they just say that when its a highly sought after coin hoping less people will return but in the end its your right for a return/replacement. Good luck

10 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

It would be considered a vam...lol

11 hours ago, Chrisplym said:

Paul’s gold 1oz proofs looked good in the photos and didn’t appear to have a problem. I wonder what COA numbers he had. 🤔

If this is going to be the norm then he needs to get it graded quickly, new release with ms70 possible mightnbe a golden egg if the damage is going to be the common.

2 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

If this is going to be the norm then he needs to get it graded quickly, new release with ms70 possible mightnbe a golden egg if the damage is going to be the common.

From what I've seen it isn't the norm but more and more of the faulty ones seem to be surfacing. Quite a few people seem to believe it won't affect the grade. Whilst that may be true I have to imagine if two PF70s came up for sale - one with the defect and one without...   the one without would sell better.

Mine will be going back. If they don't replace it I'll have my money back and maybe buy the bullion version from elsewhere. Its a gorgeous coin but it is unacceptably faulty. In this market which seems to value perfection over anything else its too much of a risk for me to want to carry.

6 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Mine will be going back. If they don't replace it I'll have my money back and maybe buy the bullion version from elsewhere. Its a gorgeous coin but it is unacceptably faulty. In this market which seems to value perfection over anything else its too much of a risk for me to want to carry.

I agree bid mine comes with the issue I would like a replacement and if I can’t get one a refund and will go with the bullion. (Unless someone on the SF wants it) 

2 minutes ago, blindedbythelight said:

Looking at the sellers other listings and past feedback would suggest its legit

I get that. But there is another listed for 4k where the seller actually has the coin. All be it with the fault by the looks of things.

Who knows. Seems a little crazy?

2 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

ho knows. Seems a little crazy?

I think as its new there is no value yet, the flippers are aiming for the moon but don't think this reflects the actual price I think. ( I am a noob so what do I know)

24 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I get that. But there is another listed for 4k where the seller actually has the coin. All be it with the fault by the looks of things.

Who knows. Seems a little crazy?

The 1oz silver has attracted a bigger % premium but then a lot more are for sale so maybe the gold is only getting started? We could look back and see this as great value. Also the fact a lot of the golds have quality issues will make the gold ones even rarer. 

4 minutes ago, sovtsf said:

The 1oz silver has attracted a bigger % premium but then a lot more are for sale so maybe the gold is only getting started? We could look back and see this as great value. Also the fact a lot of the golds have quality issues will make the gold ones even rarer. 

Maybe. I did notice the 1oz silvers seem to be going for double or treble at this moment in time.

But maybe there are enough of them to satisfy peoples thirst for this coin. 

Regarding the gold it also seems people who missed out may be satisfied to some extent with the bullion version.

It's a fantastic coin and it's great for everyone there seems to be a buzz around it.

Who knows what's going to happen but my personal view is 4k for a 2300 coin that the seller hadn't received, seems a little keen at the moment. Unless of course you know that's the best price you will get. I am not sure that's going to be the case personally.

Whatever happens I hope people get to enjoy the coin, or get one for a good price if they haven't already, and it holds its value for the foreseeable, which I am sure it will.

And of course what is crazy about buying this coin based off a crappy photo of a screen is there is no guarantee what you will get. If there was a genuine buyer for that coin they haven't done their homework as a lot of these coins suffer the same issue. Not one I'd be buying without a good look first.

For the silvers it is worth noting that for a lot of RM releases the silver proofs do very well in the short term but eventually settle well below what they initially sold for once those that actually want them have them. Those looking to make some profit off of them should do so promptly. Not all coins are Una's...  in fact that is the single exception to the rule from what I've seen.

Edited by AppleZippoandMetronome