• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Something special tomorrow - 10 Queen’s Beasts

On 07/05/2021 at 21:04, LolRasta said:

one of the 1oz gold sold for £4.1k. 

I got my 1oz gold proof today but sadly I found a small hole on top of the lion. Should I send it back ? Not sure what to do ? What would you do ?

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-07 at 21.04.00.jpeg

The problem is you risk getting a worst one or a refund. I’ve had worst marks achieve 70s and what look like perfect coins get 69s. If it’s a mint imperfection I would leave it myself, my experience of sending back high demand coins has not been great. If the mark is bad it’s a no brainer but in this case I think I would keep it.

I agree with the other guys, normally id keep it for something like that. However, I do think the mint are going to have to re-mint a batch. The problem with the arch is just unacceptable, there are loads going back and they’ll not get away with the ‘merry go round’ of sending someone else's return back to you so you might get a newly minted one.

It’ll not be quick though and there’s a chance they don't re-mint and refund them I guess. Also a risk, even if you do get a new one it has a similar thing. 

Thanks for all your comments. I am in a big dilemma. I have the box all ready to go with the return label on it and about to send it back. 

The pros I could get a perfect replacement or a reminted one
The cons I could get a worse coin or it get refunded. 

I have spoken to them that if I cant get a replacement to return the same coin 

This is my first 1oz gold coin and really don't know what to do. Any more thoughts, maybe I will just sell it on ebay and buy 3 bullions.    

Edited by LolRasta

5 minutes ago, LolRasta said:

Thanks for your comment, wish I read this before I sent it. Fingers crossed I am lucky. Should have kept it. 

I am sure they have a customer services it maybe worth ringing them up and see what they say

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Just now, HerefordBullyun said:

I am sure they have a customer services it maybe worth ringing them up and see what they say

Not sent it yet just was about to go to the post office that closes at 2pm 

I called them and they said they are unsure they can replace it with how limited the coin is and the girl I spoke to (Nicky) did not know if they can remint it. But she added to the notes to send it back if a replacement could not be done. Should I mail it ??  

6 minutes ago, LolRasta said:

I called them and they said they are unsure they can replace it with how limited the coin is and the girl I spoke to (Nicky) did not know if they can remint it. But she added to the notes to send it back if a replacement could not be done. Should I mail it ??  

Well I would send it back - nothing ventured nothing gained least they will send your original back  but thats just me 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

4 minutes ago, LolRasta said:

Thanks I will send it back and see what happens, Maybe the RM has turned a new leaf for 2021

Best of luck, and don’t be too concerned if it takes months as I had a bond that took 3 months to resolve and in the end after a lot of emails and replacement that was worst I ended up with a refund. At the end of the day they will make sure you at least get your money back so you can’t loose out as such. 

16 minutes ago, LolRasta said:

I would keep it

3 minutes ago, sovtsf said:

Best of luck, and don’t be too concerned if it takes months as I had a bond that took 3 months to resolve and in the end after a lot of emails and replacement that was worst I ended up with a refund.

Unless you want this hassle?  It took them 4 months to replace my Silver Una, although I ended up with a nice one, the same scenario didn't play out the same way for others.  

I asked you the other day what magnification you used in the photo of the 'hole'- what was the magnification?  Tiny pin holes are quite common in Proof coins, and they often grade well. The magnification of the hole in your photo makes it look dramatic- but perhaps its not that noticeable under x5 Magnification? 

2 minutes ago, Jeffers46 said:

Wow the silver proofs are on a tear. Going for 3-4 times the original price on eBay...

Yes i saw 7 sold for 495 unreal!