• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Something special tomorrow - 10 Queen’s Beasts

18 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Here’s the Royal Mint page for the 2 Oz Silver Proof which states the maximum mintage is 100.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts/the-completer-coin/2021-uk-two-ounce-silver-proof-coin/

Including this image in case the page disappears entirely. 

Completer coin.pdf 1.71 MB · 2 downloads

Thanks for this. 

It is interesting that it is advertised as a ‘maximum coin mintage’ with no reference to specific presentation etc. Presume therefore that there ARE only 100 of these. If LPM are offering 650, then it is clearly A different coin/mint. 

Update on the gold: I won’t be able to get one as I have been told they are all sold out. Not sure if the silver proof will be offered online or not. Not clear. Probably will be like the larger Three Graces (e.g. 10oz).

41 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Here’s the Royal Mint page for the 2 Oz Silver Proof which states the maximum mintage is 100.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts/the-completer-coin/2021-uk-two-ounce-silver-proof-coin/

Including this image in case the page disappears entirely. 

Completer coin.pdf 1.71 MB · 2 downloads

Well, I've just written to the Royal Mint: "I see you are asking people to register their interests in this coin.  I would like to go further and place an order for one.  Given that it is almost impossible to access your website when a coin is released (if one even knows when it is being released), it seems more sensible to place an order now.  Thank you."

Yeah @AndrewSL76 I’m curious what the Royal Mint coin is versus the ones being sold by the other retailers. Did they decide to increase the mintage but forgot to update the page? Or are there in fact completely different 2 Oz coins?

@Zhorro- This coin isn’t showing up directly on the RM site’s “Completer” listings. I found the page by chance while googling around for information on the coin. There is no way to register either. 

Regarding the 2oz silver queens beasts  completer coin royal mint have said they will only sell to trade so don’t think they will sell to the public nor when and if it comes out will be advertised on the website 

2 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

Regarding the 2oz silver queens beasts  completer coin royal mint have said they will only sell to trade so don’t think they will sell to the public nor when and if it comes out will be advertised on the website 

"Sell" or give it away?  Anyone who buys it at the release price will probably make £1,000 immediately and more if it grades well!

3 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

Account managers are offering these coins to customers. This is not a trade only offering. I don’t know who you spoke with but they were not being clear about what is actually happening.

Sorry to read this and it is disappointing that there is conflicting information being shared.

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Account managers are offering these coins to customers. This is not a trade only offering. I don’t know who you spoke with but they were not being clear about what is actually happening.

Sorry to read this and it is disappointing that there is conflicting information being shared.

I missed out on the 1oz silver proof so I rang yesterday and was told it won’t be advertised and sold to the general public which is quite sad to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Alz111 said:

I missed out on the 1oz silver proof so I rang yesterday and was told it won’t be advertised and sold to the general public which is quite sad to be honest. 

It is sad. Sorry to read this.

6 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Whoever has an Account Manager that they can ask… is the mintage 100 or 750? 😀

I asked yesterday afternoon over email. My AM usually replies a few days after I ask questions and that works well for me so I won’t chase. I will update when I hear back. I have a feeling they may not be able to say as it could be the usual commercial sensitive issue.

3 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

Right now I’ve spoken to another person and they have told me that there will be a 2oz silver bullion version coin which will be released in the near future 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes, this has been expected as the entire set was in 2oz and 10oz silver bullion as well as the proofs releases. I think a 10oz bullion version will be a lovely coin and absolutely affordable.

5 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The problem here is knowing what or when to buy, If the RM know we will all double dip they will keep on pumping more of the same coins  out in different sizes.  I'm holding off for the 3.5oz Titanium! 

I think that’s just a risk collectors have to take now. You just never know when something you thought was limited will be released in another (perhaps more limited) format. 😓

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Whoever has an Account Manager that they can ask… is the mintage 100 or 750? 😀

Hello,

I had a call this morning with my AM and she has confirmed a mintage of 750 for the silver 2oz, and 100 for the gold 2oz.

The 2oz gold is only offered to "Mint Marque Platinum members" (annual spend over £50000 ! :( ) and is sold out

The coins will be released by the end of the month 

16 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Thanks @Frenchie. Then maybe we can assume the 100 number quoted on the RM page refers to a different presentation.

Yes that leads to some confusion, but I am not even sure that the presentation is different...I forgot to ask her.  Maybe the RM made a mistake between the silver and gold edition in their advertising

Edited by Frenchie

1 minute ago, Frenchie said:

Yes that leads to some confusion, but I am not even sure that the presentation is different...I forgot to ask her.  Maybe the RM made a mistake between the silver and gold edition in there advertising

It’s very possible. As it is, that page probably isn’t a “current” page on the RM site.  It doesn’t even show up in search results if you search for something like “silver completer”.

19 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

I have managed to order the silver proof 2oz from the Royal Mint  @£180

I’ve just got off the phone to the royal mint and the lady I spoke to was adamant that it wouldn’t be released by them and the register interest page was put up by mistake🤷🏻‍♂️Told me I would have to buy it elsewhere. When I asked where she said she didn’t know. How can that be? They make the things for crying out loud 😆

1 hour ago, Frenchie said:

Yes that leads to some confusion, but I am not even sure that the presentation is different...I forgot to ask her.  Maybe the RM made a mistake between the silver and gold edition in their advertising

I have a feeling that this is what happened. They just put 100 for each in error. Good spot!

18 minutes ago, Spanishsilver said:

I’ve just got off the phone to the royal mint and the lady I spoke to was adamant that it wouldn’t be released by them and the register interest page was put up by mistake🤷🏻‍♂️Told me I would have to buy it elsewhere. When I asked where she said she didn’t know. How can that be? They make the things for crying out loud 😆

I’m assuming there’s a difference between what Customer Service folks and Account Managers are knowledgeable about, or are permitted to talk to customers about.

23 minutes ago, Spanishsilver said:

She may be right that the page was put up by mistake - after all, it was taken down rather quickly and I think only some people happened to see it before that happened.

Having said that, she’s either a CS person who’s not in the know about what the AMs are allowed to do, or she’s just not divulging information to anyone who contacts CS.

Maybe… 😅

Edit: Come to think of it… if you’re not a “special” RM customer, then she’s right after al; you’ll have to get it from elsewhere. 😋

Luckily for me, I never got on the Queen’s Beasts bandwagon, so I’m not too bothered by this one.

Edited by westminstrel

47 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I’m assuming there’s a difference between what Customer Service folks and Account Managers are knowledgeable about, or are permitted to talk to customers about.

Yeah to be fair she didn’t sound to interested. Just like the computer says no person 😆