• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Something special tomorrow - 10 Queen’s Beasts

11 minutes ago, NewCoins said:
14 minutes ago, ak74 said:

It is said on LPM site that 2oz  silver is "LPM exclusive". Hence it could happen it will not be sold by RM at all.

Unless they have made a mistake they seem to imply they will be selling it.

Of course I don't know for 100%, but 2oz was on Completer page only in the morning, and then not. So your link now leads to a "secret page" ;), which in fact could be made by error, but not completely deleted for some reason. 

29 minutes ago, Fivepoundfred said:

I wonder what the going price will be for the 10 kilo gold ? and who will buy it ? presuming it will be for sale ?

It has already been sold, prior to the launch this morning. My guess is that it has gone to a private collector. It is rumoured to have sold for £700k+

I find it really interesting that on the reverse of the proof coin, they've used the chain link background that are on most of the bullion versions of the Queen's Beasts and not a mirrored field like the proof versions.

Maybe it'll be a significant aspect of the coin in the future, acting as a reminder as to how the bullion versions were?? I suppose only time will tell.

An interesting part of history to tell for those who have the coin, if true!

And would be kind of ironic that the Queen's Beasts were there to protect the Queen, but bullion wasn't protected.

Nevertheless, a very nice coin.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

To those disappointed today and missing out, other Beasty goodies to follow in due course

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3729968

1oz platinum - piedforts, 2kg silver, 10oz gold (piedfort), 2oz gold and others

Whether that have any "exclusive enhancements" or variant "exclusive designs" like the last Britannia offerings  who knows

2oz gold sound nice to try for :) 

Im hoping they do a Cat Deeley proof series one day double sided of her preferably with her big old norks in 3D popping out! 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

11 minutes ago, LolRasta said:

What is the difference from the gold proof to the bullion ? I cant see any 

If you look on the reverse, on the proof the date is below the Queen's head, whereas on the bullion version, the date is to the left of the Queen's head.

40 minutes ago, Paul said:

To those disappointed today and missing out, other Beasty goodies to follow in due course

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3729968

1oz platinum - piedforts, 2kg silver, 10oz gold (piedfort), 2oz gold and others

Whether that have any "exclusive enhancements" or variant "exclusive designs" like the last Britannia offerings  who knows

2oz gold sound nice to try for :) 

So that's why I couldn't buy a 2 ounce gold proof today, apart from the RM website doing its usual tricks. Every time I clicked on an available product, the site failed to go to the product page, and instead re-cycled me back to the entry landing page!

Actually, we did look at the Gazette Privy Council notice at the time, but failed to sift through it thoroughly enough. 

46 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Im hoping they do a Cat Deeley proof series one day double sided of her preferably with her big old norks in 3D popping out! 

What would be on the back side?

Chards

2 hours ago, LolRasta said:

I am happy I got a 1 once Gold but I had the option to go with the Silver Kilo. with only enough money for one. I hope I made the correct choice for the gold. 

How about a TSF sweepstake based on who receives their 1 ounce gold proof first, posting a photo to prove it?

Chards

2 hours ago, ak74 said:

Of course I don't know for 100%, but 2oz was on Completer page only in the morning, and then not. So your link now leads to a "secret page" ;), which in fact could be made by error, but not completely deleted for some reason. 

I phoned to ask about that, and other stuff, this morning. After only 18 minutes on call hold, I did get a helpful guy. Apparently there was some RM confusion about whether they should have gone onto the site. It did say something to the effect of "awaiting stock".

Anybody notice that the RM have gone very coy, and removed it's telephone number from most pages of its website?

There is one on its Contacts page, but it says it is for enquiry about existing orders and services.

It sound like they are cutting costs and minimising their sales staff (sorry customer service team).

Chards

5 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

I’ve added some money to my royal mint account to buy the bullion version be the money hasnt appeared in there yet. Seems long winded way to buy something 

We were offered some today, but not for delivery until May at the earliest.

Don't tell anyone, but our prices should beat the RM's prices when we get them, even with the extra air miles.

Chards

14 minutes ago, LolRasta said:

What's TSF ? 

image.png.9f41b3592fc2e672abb00ca58d263b14.png

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

5 hours ago, Bruce06 said:

According to LPM, the 2oz is with mintage of 750, instead of 100, which is reasonable when you have 5oz with mintage of 300.  Maybe RM site is bit outdated. 

My guess is that the 100 is a "limited presentation", which often fools people. Perhaps it also fooled the marketing people at the RM!

Chards