• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

42 minutes ago, louisfinlay said:

I am going to send my 2 ounce silver off for grading to ngc myself on Monday. Could anyone please advise me on section 7 of the fillable pdf, do you select NGC Oversize Holder (Tier + $20)? and do I select early release or first release?  Many thanks. 

You need to select the extra thick holder. And the first release, if you want that( but this is just an option)

9 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

If only I could figure out how to open it, I might be able to see for sure🤣

Place it flat on your palm and apply a small bit of pressure (gently!!) with your other flat palm, while twisting just a little? Works every time for old proof kooks for me...

Edited by jultorsk
typo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Please anyone with anything three graces just HODL until the first few graded pf70 have set the stage. Honestly. If the demand is there and.nowts up for sale demand will only increase. Nice to get X10 on your cash but theres no reason why it will be still worth X10 or many multiples more.in months/year to come. You'll thank me for it in long run

Well said. ppl will look back and say why didn't i listen! 70 could return 7k

1 hour ago, MancunianStacker said:

We all want your Acc Man. 😂 Just out of interest how much did you spend in total with RM in 2020?

Apologies for the tardy response, had to work some on my other job that I don’t get paid nearly enough. I would say the amount spent with The Royal Mint was about £5250...sometimes best not to think about it!!😆

1 hour ago, louisfinlay said:

Thanks.  I was thinking that but wasn't sure.

Don’t worry too much. If they need to charge you more they will and be in touch.

You don’t get your coming back until you pay them so if it requires something you didn’t add on they won’t just not grade it etc. Thebmore accurate the better though obviously if only so you know how much to expect to pay 👍🏻 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

33 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Apologies for the tardy response, had to work some on my other job that I don’t get paid nearly enough. I would say the amount spent with The Royal Mint was about £5250...sometimes best not to think about it!!😆

No worries mate. I’ve spent nearly £20k in the last 12 months (buying for at least 5 years), so evidently they really don’t have any method to their madness.

I just thought they might work their way down from their biggest spenders to their smallest / most recent customers. I got offered a 2oz coin and when I said ok, they then said, “oh no, sorry, you’ve already had one sorry!” I was like, “yeah, I know that - you contacted me!!! Check who already has one before you call them”. 🤦‍♂️ Honestly, the lack of acumen is unreal.

I can imagine it now now, “here you go Dave, here is a list of 20,000 email addresses you cover, be a good lad and email them all would you, tell them you have one spare 2oz coin and flog it to the first one with cash who replies (unless they already have one). 😆

Anyway, I’m glad I understand the workings of The Royal Mint a bit better now. 👍🏻 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

7 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

No worries mate. I’ve spent nearly £20k in the last 12 months (buying for at least 5 years), so evidently they really don’t have any method to their madness.

I just thought they might work their way down from their biggest spenders to their smallest / most recent customers. I got offered a 2oz coin and when I said ok, they then said, “oh no, sorry, you’ve already had one sorry!” I was like, “yeah, I know that - you contacted me!!! Check who already has one before you call them”. 🤦‍♂️ Honestly, the lack of acumen is unreal.

I can imagine it now now, “here you go Dave, here is a list of 20,000 email addresses you cover, be a good lad and email them all would you, tell them you have one spare 2oz coin and flog it to the first one with cash who replies (unless they already have one). 😆

Anyway, I’m glad I understand the workings of The Royal Mint a bit better now. 👍🏻 

I can understand your frustration, buddy! Often times it’s difficult to understand the variables at play. I am sure most of them try their hardest to satisfy their customers, and they probably face constraints and limitations posed by The Royal Mint. All variables and differing experiences alike. I am in a pseudo-“customer” support role at work...and I feel I am not in the right role, and see how challenging it can be to manage expectations. I’m hoping I get fired from that role!🤣 As an aside, I have other responsibilities which I know they won’t let me go!

6 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

I can understand your frustration, buddy! Often times it’s difficult to understand the variables at play. I am sure most of them try their hardest to satisfy their customers, and they probably face constraints and limitations posed by The Royal Mint. All variables and differing experiences alike. I am in a pseudo-“customer” support role at work...and I feel I am not in the right role, and see how challenging it can be to manage expectations. I’m hoping I get fired from that role!🤣 As an aside, I have other responsibilities which I know they won’t let me go!

I think who your RM AM is makes a big difference. Mine used to be Geraint and he was always very helpful. My current AM  Sadie is a lovely lady but only gets in touch when trying to flog the poorly received RM  coin launches, nothing on the 3G from her

1 hour ago, MancunianStacker said:

Great 'inside intel' there mate 😉

But in all seriousness - they must be aware that there are quality issues, if only with a smaller-than-usual fraction of the 3G coins. We have seen some of the pictures of impaired coins on the forum. They already know customers will want replacement coins. What's the hurry with calling customers on a Saturday to try and get rid of the few they have remaining at hand? Mind boggles. 🤷‍♂️

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Will they be on sale in the UK? Not sure that I am interested. Just curious!

The Bond 1oz gold is still on offer at the mint and I think everyone expected that to sell out quickly. 

Will the Una fair better? Will they be producing a Three Graces bar (trying to keep this on point...ha!)

Edited by AndrewSL76
Hahaha not sure I am interrelated? Think I meant interested.....ha!!

28 minutes ago, Altitudes said:

I'd be interested but only at original release price. Was that ever offered at RM? Release day was so hectic I didn't take notice.

The largest denomination of silver released this week (yes, it has been a long week!!) was the £10 5oz.

I don’t know if they are planning on doing what they did with Bowie and released separately tomorrow or in the future. Anything is possible.

Further releases coming are the next Winnie the Pooh coins, Britannia, Charles Babbage and the Royal Albert Hall. They could drop further Graces coins at any point.

Prices for other 1kg Silver Proofs have recently been £2,270k (Griffin). I expect if the Mint are releasing a 3G it would be around that price. The mintage for the Griffin was 70.

Edited by AndrewSL76

12 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

The largest denomination of silver released this week (yes, it has been a long week!!) was the £10 5oz.

LPM has released the 2kg silver this week at a staggering price of £27,000. Not surprisingly, it is still available. Royal Mint sold the entire lot to their Asian counterparts. None will be available from the RM.

As for the 1kg, I briefly saw it pop up on the RM page a couple of hours after the launch... but I think it was a website error as it quickly disappeared. I doubt the RM will be releasing any 1kg Graces. My spidey sense tells me it will only be available through BCC. Does that mean ridiculous pricing? My gut feeling says it will be around the £15,000, but I could be VERY wrong about this.

22 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I don’t know if they are planning on doing what they did with Bowie and released separately tomorrow or in the future. Anything is possible.

Further releases coming are the next Winnie the Pooh coins, Britannia, Charles Babbage and the Royal Albert Hall. They could drop further Graces coins at any point.

Prices for other 1kg Silver Proofs have recently been £2,270k (Griffin). I expect if the Mint are releasing a 3G it would be around that price. The mintage for the Griffin was 70.

Oof, a bit expensive but still would love to buy one so I could have something from this release.

6 minutes ago, SovCollector said:

LPM has released the 2kg silver this week at a staggering price of £27,000. Not surprisingly, it is still available. Royal Mint sold the entire lot to their Asian counterparts. None will be available from the RM.

As for the 1kg, I briefly saw it pop up on the RM page a couple of hours after the launch... but I think it was a website error as it quickly disappeared. I doubt the RM will be releasing any 1kg Graces. My spidey sense tells me it will only be available through BCC. Does that mean ridiculous pricing? My gut feeling says it will be around the £15,000, but I could be VERY wrong about this.

Uuuugghhhh, I really don't understand why RM does this.

Edited by Altitudes