• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

5 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

When I graded my 2oz Una I needed the bigger slab so suspect these do as well

Yeah I think I was looking at the oversize holder not at the extra thick holder. I think I need to redo the form and add that. Thanks

35 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Unfortunately I am not sure whether it will just be available from the Royal Mint or dealers as well.

I hope only from the RM. If i see this greedy two kilo pricetag by LPM i can't see a future for it in our collection. Una went first slowly up, getting attention by many collectors. The Una Kilo last year was around 2000$ at APMEX. With this high prizes for the graces i think many coinflippers and gamblers are in this one. Wouldn't surprise Me to see lower prices for the 5 OZ and the 2 Kilo silver. I know, its just money. But with the money for the 2 Kilo Graces i can pay many bills or buy many other nice coins. Not sure if the LPM excl. Graces will raise or even hold their value. So i really hope to see the Kilo not exklusive to some dealer     

When you fill in the NGC form don’t worry too much about getting it perfect. If you don’t tick the right box they will spot this and amend for you. Just bear in mind if there are further fees that you are ready to pay them! Pop into the London office (make an appointment) and they can help you check through it. There are bound to be mistakes if this is your first time etc so just don’t be too worried!!

Long and short it needs to be an extra thick not oversized. So tick that box. The usual slabs are too thin and you would risk the coin rubbing against the inside of the slab.

Oh and don’t forget that it’s fair market value that is important NOT what you paid. So the 3G 2oz will be in the up to £2.5k category and the 5oz will be in the up to £7.5k category. 

Happy grading you lucky 3G owners!!

58 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Just filled my NGC form in without choosing that option. It's less than 9mm thick and 4.5cm wide, so I don't think it's required? It's my first time so I might be wrong and might have to do it again :(

On a side note, nearly 40 to send back seems expensive. Do people send their own prepaid stuff in?

Mine is the 2oz silver btw

You need to select extra thick holder 

11 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

What courier are people using to get them to the graders, my 5oz is now causing me headaches due to its market value being more than Royal Mail will insure 

I don’t have experience of sending to NGC as I live in London and can just call in. For PCGS Paris I use DHL and for PCGS California I use FedEx. 

If I was having to send to NGC, London, I would package it really well and then visit the local courier (whichever is closest!) and just fill out the forms with them and (if for example DHL) they should have posh boxes to squeeze your own box into! They then print off the paperwork and attach to the box and hey presto!! 

It will be expensive.......

Depending on where you are could be easier to get the train...only issue is the restrictions and you may not be able to argue this is an essential journey...

Ultimately, and I should have said this first....haha.....I would recommend you call NGC in the morning and ask them what they advise and how they prefer to receive coins.

33 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I don’t have experience of sending to NGC as I live in London and can just call in. For PCGS Paris I use DHL and for PCGS California I use FedEx. 

If I was having to send to NGC, London, I would package it really well and then visit the local courier (whichever is closest!) and just fill out the forms with them and (if for example DHL) they should have posh boxes to squeeze your own box into! They then print off the paperwork and attach to the box and hey presto!! 

It will be expensive.......

Depending on where you are could be easier to get the train...only issue is the restrictions and you may not be able to argue this is an essential journey...

Ultimately, and I should have said this first....haha.....I would recommend you call NGC in the morning and ask them what they advise and how they prefer to receive coins.

Issue with living in the North West in lockdown, normally I’d probably just book a train ticket and drop them off but not sure I can sell this as essential travel - it is essential travel officer, I need the first release label 

2 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

Issue with living in the North West in lockdown, normally I’d probably just book a train ticket and drop them off but not sure I can sell this as essential travel - it is essential travel officer, I need the first release label 

Do you have anyone in London you trust and you can send it to them? They can then drop the coin and form off for you?? I am not offering to do this, sadly. Even if you wanted to take a leap of faith, I can’t expose myself to such risk given the worth of the coin. Sorry!

Maybe a group of you should get together to save costs and just submit together?

5 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

Can someone explain the first release label ? What classifies as first release in terms of the 3 graces ? All of them?

1 hour ago, Simmoleon said:

What courier are people using to get them to the graders, my 5oz is now causing me headaches due to its market value being more than Royal Mail will insure 

Keep in mind Royal Mail will only pay you out what you paid for the coin if it gets lost. For example £250 for the two ounce silver three graces and not the market value of £1800 - £2500 even if you insure it for £2500.

2 minutes ago, louisfinlay said:

Keep in mind Royal Mail will only pay you out what you paid for the coin if it gets lost. For example £250 for the two ounce silver three graces and not the market value of £1800 - £2500 even if you insure it for £2500.

Just think if it went missing 🤦🏻‍♂️ Bloody hell 

2 minutes ago, louisfinlay said:

I didn't realise that. Sounds like they are having a bit of a laugh,when it contains a form with the fair market value written on it.

Does anyone know if any other couriers respect the fair market value?

MailBoxes Inc. in Manchester acted as a broker, got me the best price and were able to insure it without any real limit but you had to let them pack it for you (you can use you own box etc and they will seal it up in front of you). They get special insurance not the couriers eg FedEx or DHLs and it is all I insured when you leave the store. You get a copy of the invoice etc. I used their service to post to PCGS in Paris ages ago.

Just have it all ready to seal and fill in the form in their shop. The lady in Deansgate store collected 50ps (coincidentally).

Hooe that helps @Simmoleon

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

3 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

MailBoxes Inc. in Manchester acted as a broker, got me the best price and were able to insure it without any real limit but you had to let them pack it for you (you can use you own box etc and they will seal it up in front of you). They get special insurance not the couriers eg FedEx or DHLs and it is all I insured when you leave the store. You get a copy of the invoice etc. I used their service to post to PCGS in Paris ages ago.

Just have it all ready to seal and fill in the form in their shop. The lady in Deansgate store collected 50ps (coincidentally).

Hooe that helps @Simmoleon

Yes that does help, I’ll have a look in to this because this could save me a lot of hassle

4 hours ago, Connor said:

I'm not very up to scratch with new releases etc, I'm just wondering why these carry such a high premium?

Expectation/hope/desirability.

The Una and the Lion coin has steadily built a momentum over 15 months in both gold and silver based on a solid foundation of sales across a range of platforms. Many were initially bought by collectors rather than to flip. Substantial price rises weren't widely predicted.

Due to the Una price rises, a lot of people bought the Three Graces to make money (I tried to) due to an expectation that it will do as well despite a higher mintage.

This might be right or it could just be a bubble like many RM coin releases. Time will tell.

Well, mine is packaged up ready to be picked up for grading, thanks to ChrisSilvers offer.

Ive only sent a couple of coins to be graded and each time it fills me with dread knowing I’m sending it back out into the world 🙈

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

4 minutes ago, creative said:

Well, mine is packaged up ready to be picked up for grading, thanks to ChrisSilvers offer.

Ive only sent a couple of coins to be graded and each time it fills me with dread knowing I’m sending it back out into the world 🙈

I know how you feel and it doesn't help knowing it's going all the way over to America and with a turnaround of at least 2 weeks 😲

But then, when you get it back, the sense of relief!

Then anticipation... what grade did it get... 🧐

Edited by GoldenGriffin

3 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I know how you feel and it doesn't help knowing it's going all the way over to America and with a turnaround of at least 2 weeks 😲

But then, when you get it back, the sense of relief!

Then anticipation... what grade did it get... 🧐

Same here.

I have just packed up my gold 2oz 3G to send to NGC London by RM special delivery, hideously under insured.

Current turnaround times for grading and conservation are 30 days each, so its going to be a nervous 2 month wait.