• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

1 hour ago, MancunianStacker said:

Yes, but I have no idea where, sorry. There are various posts 😬 and long threads 😱 

Basically log in early and keep smashing refresh until the queue-it screen appears. I’ve always done this. Then leave it and wait for the screen to change automatically at 9am. It tells you not to refresh on the queue-it screen - so you don’t go back to the end of the queue. If it’s your turn and the screen didn’t change it says it was your turn at 9.05am at the bottom, that’s when you hit refresh again and you’ll get in.

Based on what we have heard in threads, queue-it it is less than a queue and more of a holding room and a staggered free for all / random entry system at 9am (think marathon start-off). 

Even if you by-pass the “queue” somehow, the Mint can see all those buyers who bought but did not not sit in the waiting area first. Then the purchase can be cancelled at the Mint’s discretion. Maybe some, not all, of the cancelled bids tried to bypass it? A cancel a day after taking payment could happen after a queue skip. It could also happen because they system was too slow to monitor remaking stock. Again, luck of the draw but it should still mean first to pay gets the coin.

Also, queue-it skippers are easily identifiable by Royal Mint so cheating  orders will be cancelled most definitely. Have a look at the queue-it website, it explains it there. Even if they let in say 500 at the start, there goes the gold. The first 500 could be anyone in the initial holding area of thousands.

It seems more luck of the draw after you’ve got to the website. Even if it’s in the basket it’s not yours until it’s been paid for and from my own experience I was trying too long to buy a gold that had already sold out. Then lost out on the 5oz silver and must have been lucky enough to get a silver 2oz.

Hope this helps. It’s all pretty much been discussed before. 👍🏻 

Out of interest did they limit you to one coin? I notice the mint has limits on coins but its usually 3 or 5 in my experience. 

8 minutes ago, Silverman2U said:

Out of interest did they limit you to one coin? I notice the mint has limits on coins but its usually 3 or 5 in my experience. 

It was one per household I believe someone said, I didn't go for more as a result. Some had their duplicate orders cancelled, apparently the RM cross reference bank details etc 

I haven't been following this topic at all and with 54 pages of entries I don't have the enthusiasm to start ploughing through the posts.
I watched Backyard's unboxing video.

My simple question is what is all the frenzy about ?
Why are people paying silly prices ?

This is a nice designed coin in silver struck to a proof finish.
The mintage is 3,500.

I have sold proof fine silver coins from other mints with a similar mintage and only obtained regular prices.
I also sold over a dozen Royal Mint 5 oz and 10 oz beautifully presented, nice box, certificate etc commemorative issues, mostly Channel Isles and only succeeded is getting spot price for the silver content. They were 0.925 but nevertheless of similar quality to the Graces and with low mintages.

What will the price be in 3 years from now - maybe closer to bullion perhaps ??
Please tell me I am missing something - the Britannia Horse mule was fetching £2,000 in the first couple of weeks but now lucky to get £60 so is there a disappointment heading to many buyers ?
Sorry - just don't know but prices seem crazy to me.

4 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

If anyone cares to listen, here's what worked for me..

Logged on to RM around 6:45. Stayed logged in flicking between web pages every five minutes (it will kick you for idling if you just leave yourself logged in)

I'm not sure if that helped but around 8:45ish the screen automatically changed to Queue-it "we're releasing a new product" page. From there, i left it without hitting refresh once. somewhere around 8:58 maybe, screen automatically changed to a queue number with progress bar. I joined at somewhere around the 1150 number.

When I got on to the proper site, I was already logged out, so not sure if the pre-queueing from 6:45 helped or not.  All coins were still listed as available, although I doubt they actually were available. Golds were out my price range. Both silvers were in my sights but the 5oz 555 mintage just didn't feel right. Didn't believe in my chances. Played safe, straight for the 2 oz silver. I had one payment error, success on 2nd attempt.

Well done on getting a coin.

To be honest, I don’t think there’s any skill or merit in whatever strategy employed to get ahead in the queue- it’s pure luck.
 I say this as one of my lads rolled out of bed at 8.30am and made himself a RM account and his girlfriend did the same- both stayed on their respective  browsers, one on a laptop the other her phone and both of them were lucky enough to see the RM website spring open at just after 9am- both of them got a silver 2oz.

My youngest lad went to the far end of maximizing his chances and got nowt. 

My eldest lad got very lucky with a Gold.

No skill- just luck 

1 minute ago, fehk2001 said:

Are these eBay auction sales genuine ? Looks like only a few bidders pumping up the prices ,  at current prices , worth more than fixed prices and the auction still have a few days left 

I guess we’ll never know...

put yours up @fehk2001 and you’ll find out- less 10% to eBay and 3.4% to PayPal 😂 

Edited by richatthecroft

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I haven't been following this topic at all and with 54 pages of entries I don't have the enthusiasm to start ploughing through the posts.

The mintage is 3,500.

I have sold proof fine silver coins from other mints with a similar mintage and only obtained regular prices.
I also sold over a dozen Royal Mint 5 oz and 10 oz beautifully presented, nice box, certificate etc commemorative issues, mostly Channel Isles and only succeeded is getting spot price for the silver content. They were 0.925 but nevertheless of similar quality to the Graces and with low mintages.

Please tell me I am missing something - the Britannia Horse mule was fetching £2,000 in the first couple of weeks but now lucky to get £60 so is there a disappointment heading to many buyers ?

Great point. thanks. I think I will save my cash for some nice old rare coins or gold. You know a coin 200 years old is only going to get more valuable once its been depreciated and people have destroyed or lost 1/2 of them. I will look out for an una and the lion at spot in the years to come ;)

18 minutes ago, Silverman2U said:

Yeah they said one per household on the queue screen so I guess that was one of each type of coin though. 

Edited by MancunianStacker

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

The mintage is 3,500.

It’s a piece of Art I guess and the official version from Royal Mint.

4 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Are these eBay auction sales genuine ? Looks like only a few bidders pumping up the prices ,  at current prices , worth more than fixed prices and the auction still have a few days left 

I’d say most are real. When dealers are selling them for more. eBay is international. 🌍 

2 hours ago, richatthecroft said:

I guess we’ll never know...

put yours up @fehk2001 and you’ll find out- less 10% to eBay and 3.4% to PayPal 😂 

They have the pound fvf promotion 

Edited by fehk2001

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

2 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Lots of craziness on ebay. People are marketing pictures of GPUs for crypto mining. But for those in a rush not reading the details £400 for a picture of what you want is going to annoy anyone buying them. Further to this as the inscription is "this is A PICTURE" and "no refunds" you wont get a refund as the description was right. I looked for closely at the "so called" 3 graces on one site selling for £1200 and they are the ones from the royal mint! Be careful people!! Buying an over priced piece silver coin is one thing, buying one that is not what you want and only worth melt value...that's something else!! 

1 minute ago, MancunianStacker said:

I’d say most are real. When dealers are selling them for more. eBay is international. 🌍 

So the international buyers don’t want buy them in fix price but rather paying more for the auctions ?

so many fixed price post international also 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

1 hour ago, Spence098 said:

Anyone else still in the open orders with full money amount and not had an email either waybto say if its camceled or whether you are still receiving?

Yes i am in the same situation, still haven’t had a cancellation or dispatch email. Still got my fingers crossed as I think all the cancellations went out early. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

9 minutes ago, Kussilver said:

Yes i am in the same situation, still haven’t had a cancellation or dispatch email. Still got my fingers crossed as I think all the cancellations went out early. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Yes @Spence098 & @Kussilver I still have an open order, a pending payment at my bank & no despatch or cancelled email. I am hopeful as I have an email confirm at 9:06 from Monday but nothing since. Find out in the next few days but I hope I get one to keep & display. The pictures have been superb 

CB 

2 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

Also, queue-it skippers are easily identifiable by Royal Mint so cheating  orders will be cancelled most definitely

Is there any evidence they can and have done this before?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 hour ago, SilverJacks said:

but around 8:45ish the screen automatically changed to Queue-it "we're releasing a new product" page.

That's interesting. I was logged on from about 08.15 and that screen you mention appeared at exactly 08.30. A few others commented on this as well.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon