• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

3 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

Same here.

I have just packed up my gold 2oz 3G to send to NGC London by RM special delivery, hideously under insured.

Current turnaround times for grading and conservation are 30 days each, so its going to be a nervous 2 month wait.

It's the long wait, distance and knowing it's not fully covered that haunts me.

I'm sure it'll all work out though, I've not heard of anything dreadfully going wrong. 👍

Hope you get the magic 70!

19 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I know how you feel and it doesn't help knowing it's going all the way over to America and with a turnaround of at least 2 weeks 😲

But then, when you get it back, the sense of relief!

Then anticipation... what grade did it get... 🧐

I have mine ready to go in the post tomorrow (it's my first time). I ticked the box to have it graded in London. Is that a mistake ?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I have mine ready to go in the post tomorrow (it's my first time). I ticked the box to have it graded in London. Is that a mistake ?

Thanks!

Someone may know more than me about this?

But the NGC office in London do not actually grade the coins in London (wish they did), but they send them off to NGC in America to have them graded.

You have the option of sending it directly to America, but you need to pay an annual membership, or you can send your coins to their London office, where, I don't think you need membership. 

10 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

But the NGC office in London do not actually grade the coins in London (wish they did), but they send them off to NGC in America to have them graded.

You have the option of sending it directly to America, but you need to pay an annual membership, or you can send your coins to their London office, where, I don't think you need membership. 

I signed up for membership for what I think is ngc uk. The box on the form might be subject to there being "events" in London, which I don't think there are, so it could be they might send it anyway.

Hopefully I can send the form as is and I don't need to do it for the third time ! I don't think there are extra fees to send it to the US?

This is painful but hopefully easier next time!

You would think in this day and age they could have a nice online form.

Screenshot_20210301-093241_Gallery.jpg

Edited by NewCoins

36 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

It's the long wait, distance and knowing it's not fully covered that haunts me.

I'm sure it'll all work out though, I've not heard of anything dreadfully going wrong. 👍

Hope you get the magic 70!

Hope you achieve a 70 too.

My stress levels do diminish a little once it arrives at the NGC London office and their insurance kicks in.

I got some coins graded a few months ago be it they weren’t as expensive as the 3 graces, I’m a paid member of ngc, anyway I sent directly to London and wasn’t a problem.. now this was my first time and I was a bit scared but once they receive the coins then you’re ok also you can track your submissions on the website so it’s fantastic. I also sent a pre paid special delivery bag but unfortunately they couldn’t send them back via the pre paid bag so had to get my own courier to collect them from London.. once they are back from grading you can always arrange a courier and get it insured so again that was very easy. Good luck guys 

Hi I am about to send my silver graces via @CoinsOfTheRealmAuctionsfor grading and TSF offer. Looking for guidance on declaring a value on the form? Is it retail value or market value in this instance?

Thanks

Stu

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

26 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I signed up for membership for what I think is ngc uk. The box on the form might be subject to there being "events" in London, which I don't think there are, so it could be they might send it anyway.

Hopefully I can send the form as is and I don't need to do it for the third time ! I don't think there are extra fees to send it to the US?

This is painful but hopefully easier next time!

Screenshot_20210301-093241_Gallery.jpg

You need to tick the shipping to the states thing. the uk grading is for special events only.

31 minutes ago, Stu said:

Hi I am about to send my silver graces via @CoinsOfTheRealmAuctionsfor grading and TSF offer. Looking for guidance on declaring a value on the form? Is it retail value or market value in this instance?

Thanks

Stu

I’ve declared as the actual value of the coin from the mint rather than the market rate as it’s quite volatile at the moment. But I could be wrong.

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

46 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

PCGS do an online form - I found this helpful YouTube video last night 

How to Submit Coins to PCGS for Grading - YouTube

At the end of the online submission, you just need to print off the forms, sign 3 of the forms and send with the coins and keep the last form (customer copy).

Have been looking at PCGS's special labels and came across an ultraviolet label that glows in the dark - I really like that concept.

1991980143_PCGSSpecialLabels.thumb.JPG.55cfacba9504ab9b7bb35678ba4616c9.JPG

Edited by GoldenGriffin

9 minutes ago, creative said:

I’ve declared as the actual value of the coin from the mint rather than the market rate as it’s quite volatile at the moment. But I could be wrong.

It seems NGC want the "fair market value". I have put 2k. I just don't think I can justify it being £255.

10 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

PCGS do an online form - I found this helpful YouTube video last night 

How to Submit Coins to PCGS for Grading - YouTube

At the end of the online submission, you just need to print off the forms, sign 3 of the forms and send with the coins and keep the last form (customer copy).

Have been looking at PCGS's special labels and came across an ultraviolet label that glows in the dark - I really like that concept.

1991980143_PCGSSpecialLabels.thumb.JPG.55cfacba9504ab9b7bb35678ba4616c9.JPG

I like that too! Maybe I can try them next time. It at least sounds like an easier process.

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I’m looking for tips to grade coins from Australia, either by NGC or PCGS. Seems like there’s no one else from Australia here. 🙁

NGC have some submission centres in the far East (from me in the UK) that may be better for you ? 

Edited by TringSilver
Clarity

2 hours ago, NewCoins said:

Thanks!

I'm not aware that they've actually done any grading in London so far, but I think they did some comic books last year😁

They'll probably ignore it and send to USA but I would phone them to make sure.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

They all go to the US, transfer there and back is included in the fee.

This is where the self declared value of the coins comes in; they use this as the basis for the insured value.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I am thinking of seeing if anyone wants a swap on my 3 graces 

I don't think I can deal with the stress of sending it off without being fully covered and then what it grades at then getting it back 

What would people say is a fair swap 

I haven't opened it and it may have a speck on it but not touching  it 

I was thinking about  a 2017 piedfort sov and something else - any thoughts 

23 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

I don't think I can deal with the stress of sending it off without being fully covered and then what it grades at then getting it back 

Mike, you don't need to send it off- sell it and buy what you want with the cash?

1 hour ago, MikeG1978 said:

I’d just sell it if you don’t want to send it off.

Mine went with the postie about an hour ago. Let the worry begin!

However, worst case it gets lost and I only get the mint value of the coin back, or go for it and potentially gain x10 times the return. It’s a risk I’m willing to take.

And if it does go well my long term goal is to put it towards a 1937 proof full sovereign.

Edited by creative

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

10 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

Just a quick question how much is it in total coin conservation  postage and fees ?

I am having a think to see if to keep raw or grade 

If youre gonna keep it, get it graded. you have already potentially made a load of money just by having one, if it comes back a 70 then its winner winner chicken dinner. if it doesnt, then its still worth almost 8-10 times what you paid, so its all good.

Youre prob looking at about 40-60 per coin depending on what options you tick like first release. They need to be in a fat-slab cos they are so thick so that adds, and if you want first release option thats a bit more. Best bet is to submit with others to help spread the £12 per submission fee, it what I do I get coins from mates on here and submit in 1 go for them, saves on fees overall.

52 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

Lovely coin and very expensive ('numismatically' expensive).

If you get one, we'd all love to see it! 🧐

It’s the dream coin for me. One day I’ll get there, but for now, Grace, Grace and Grace will be taking my coin top spot.