• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

On 28/02/2021 at 15:50, Altitudes said:

Did they say it would ever be available from them? Or is it a dealer exclusive?

The 10oz silvers have already been sold. They were not sold through the RM website. I can only assume they either went to private dealers or those with account managers. As for the date in April, that is when they'll be dispatched to those who have already purchased them.

On 28/02/2021 at 09:31, Chrisplym said:

If you can let me know what you are able to find out then that will be appreciated. Many thanks.

@Chrisplym The 1kg silver that were in possession of the RM have all been sold, they have none in stock. The only way to get it now is to wait for the release from BCC (if you are interested in it). I hope that helps!

Edited by SovCollector

1 hour ago, TringSilver said:

The lovely Euphrosyne, Aglaea and Thalia, don't tell the Mrs 🤣

Haha shush I didn’t know how to spell their actual names and was too lazy to Google. So Grace, Grace and Grace will do 😂

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

1 hour ago, SovCollector said:

The 10oz silvers have already been sold. They were not sold through the RM website. I can only assume they either went to private dealers or those with account managers. As for the date in April, that is when they'll be dispatched to those who have already purchased them.

Did you get one? I understand the mintage is 170. 

19 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Did you get one? I understand the mintage is 170. 

Nope, I’m not one of the lucky ones. I have a feeling it went to a private dealer(s), as my account manager didn’t even know they were available until I had asked.

I’ve searched all over the internet, nothing comes up for the 10oz. 
This thing where entire lots of coins are contracted to private dealers before it even hits the market seems to be gaining in popularity.

1 minute ago, SovCollector said:

Nope, I’m not one of the lucky ones. I have a feeling it went to a private dealer(s), as my account manager didn’t even know they were available until I had asked.

This thing where entire lots of coins are contracted to private dealers before it even hits the market seems to be gaining in popularity.

Sorry to hear that. Did you get any of the actual releases?

The secondary market is crazy at the moment and given Una and the Lion’s continuing buoyancy and the next in the series due perhaps in Nov if the Mint catch up, this can only get more intense...it’s absolutely mind boggling......

1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Sorry to hear that. Did you get any of the actual releases?

The secondary market is crazy at the moment and given Una and the Lion’s continuing buoyancy and the next in the series due perhaps in Nov if the Mint catch up, this can only get more intense...it’s absolutely mind boggling......

The whole thing is actually a bit bonkers. I do think prices will come down slightly for the golds. The asking price is just too high for them, especially since they haven't been graded yet. £30k for a 2oz gold that you hope will grade 70 in order to turn a profit is too much risk.

I got a 2oz and 5oz gold from the initial release. I purchased a 5oz silver from LPM before their pricing went a bit nuts. I'm on the lookout for any other deals but I think those days are over. I'll have to get it all graded at some point in the coming weeks. I'm in London so the trip to NGC is just a train ride away (and yes, it is an essential journey) 🙂 
Did you manage to get any yourself? I can't remember... so many posts in this group lol

7 hours ago, MikeG1978 said:

I am thinking of seeing if anyone wants a swap on my 3 graces 

I don't think I can deal with the stress of sending it off without being fully covered and then what it grades at then getting it back 

What would people say is a fair swap 

I haven't opened it and it may have a speck on it but not touching  it 

I was thinking about  a 2017 piedfort sov and something else - any thoughts 

until the price settles i don't think people want to risk such an exchange.

7 minutes ago, SovCollector said:

The whole thing is actually a bit bonkers. I do think prices will come down slightly for the golds. The asking price is just too high for them, especially since they haven't been graded yet. £30k for a 2oz gold that you hope will grade 70 in order to turn a profit is too much risk.

I got a 2oz and 5oz gold from the initial release. I purchased a 5oz silver from LPM before their pricing went a bit nuts. I'm on the lookout for any other deals but I think those days are over. I'll have to get it all graded at some point in the coming weeks. I'm in London so the trip to NGC is just a train ride away (and yes, it is an essential journey) 🙂 
Did you manage to get any yourself? I can't remember... so many posts in this group lol

Yes, I consider myself incredibly lucky. Oh, and the trip from Peckham to Central is totally essential.......

1 hour ago, SovCollector said:

@Chrisplym The 1kg silver that were in possession of the RM have all been sold, they have none in stock. The only way to get it now is to wait for the release from BCC (if you are interested in it). I hope that helps!

Many thanks for finding out. I doubt that I will be buying from BCC when the prices are inflated.

13 minutes ago, SovCollector said:

Well here's to hoping you get 70s right across the board! Have you decided on NGC or PCGS? 

NGC on this occasion. I generally prefer PCGS for the regular size slabs but the oversize and extra thick are better in NGC I think...

10 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Many thanks for finding out. I doubt that I will be buying from BCC when the prices are inflated.

No problem. They're likely to charge ridiculous pricing for it.

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

NGC on this occasion. I generally prefer PCGS for the regular size slabs but the oversize and extra thick are better in NGC I think...

I agree with you on that one. Its also a bit more fun to do it on your own.

Has anyone had any trouble paying NGC UK on their site? 3 attempts, 2 one 1 card, 1 on another, all seemingly declined.

However all shouldn't have been and 3 lots of the payment in pending transactions ..

Edit : sorted just used the missus card. Had lots of issues with nationwide recently, couldn't even pay my self assessment. I think I need to call them up.

Edited by NewCoins

3 hours ago, SovCollector said:

Lots of mints offer "exclusives" to a few dealers.

Could be Westminster who seem to have a cosy relationship with the RM, or some other favoured distributor, who probably contracte to take an entire issue of a few hundred pieces.

It's anybody's guess at what cost price from the RM.

Chards

2 hours ago, NewCoins said:

Has anyone had any trouble paying NGC UK on their site? 3 attempts, 2 one 1 card, 1 on another, all seemingly declined.

However all shouldn't have been and 3 lots of the payment in pending transactions ..

Edit : sorted just used the missus card. Had lots of issues with nationwide recently, couldn't even pay my self assessment. I think I need to call them up.

Is it since you bought one of the one kilo gold 3 graces from the RM?🙂

Chards

13 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Just now popped up a 2 OZ silver @schoeller in austria. 1800€/1550£. Even with VAT on top should be a good offer right now

https://www.smh.net/08220071-drei-grazien-ag-5-gbp-pp-grossbritannien-2020/?___store=at

I think they only deliver to Austria and Germany. I spoke with them this morning and they confirmed they don’t deliver to the UK 👎

Has anyone seen any of the 5 ounce silvers sell yet? There’s only one auction I can see on ebay with bids at the moment. I’m just trying to gauge the market value, partly because I may be interested in grading. It seems like most people are keeping theirs close. I’m struggling to even find dealers that are selling. Surely if the 2 ounce is going for 2k - 2.5k, the 5 ounce can be expected to fetch at least double that? The mintage is lower by quite a margin.