• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

8 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

This one has an hour and a half or so to go 

F7F7BF7F-0573-45F2-95BC-CAA7947F941C.png

Shocking......that’s really, really incredible. Anyone think this is above board or perhaps some shill bidding or people bidding with no intention to pay? 

12 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

The FaceBook flippers are letting go of these for less than £2k. 🤦‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Shocking......that’s really, really incredible. Anyone think this is above board or perhaps some shill bidding or people bidding with no intention to pay? 

BCC sold a few at £2,750 so why would this be dodgy? 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by MancunianStacker

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

That is what I am questioning 

auction more than fixed price items 

, the 1300-1400 ones are still there haven’t moved 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

2 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Do they end before the higher priced one? If yes then it does sound dodgy.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

5 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I guess we’ll never know🤷‍♂️ but I watched the one below that finished yesterday at £2105 plus the £8.95 postage 

717D826A-4EA7-493B-AEC1-9B04490426EF.thumb.png.5d61b2848a6ef4f885ddaf23c9dbd836.png

73D5CCF1-4B42-4F0A-B1D0-D49999B7D6DB.thumb.png.5c63f01e68b7cdbe35b960a0486bccc2.png

3 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

I think that some bidders on EBay don’t really look around properly. You can regularly see people paying more in an auction when they can get it as a buy it now elsewhere cheaper. I have dropped out of auctions and take the BIN item when the auction has exceeded the BIN price and yet people continue to bid up the auctions. I’ve never understood that......

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

I think that some bidders on EBay don’t really look around properly. You can regularly see people paying more in an auction when they can get it as a buy it now elsewhere cheaper. I have dropped out of auctions and take the BIN item when the auction has exceeded the BIN price and yet people continue to bid up the auctions. I’ve never understood that......

I’ve done this previously too Andrew- the only logical explanation is that some items are offered for sale to overseas bidders?

I’ve priced items up above the field of same item as a ‘Buy it Now’ many times before, but offered worldwide- with eBays’Global Shipping’ and the buyers are usually from overseas.  

Apart from a couple of times when some clot buys from the UK 😂 

29 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

I can’t find this on EBay?! Is there a direct link for my idiotic self, please? There are two I can see with 1 day and hours to go that are at £1,400 and £2,450......can’t see this one?! Cheers in advance!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-Graces-2020-UK-Two-Ounce-Silver-Proof-Coin-LIMITED-EDITION-3-500-Sold-Out-/164717872908?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

@AndrewSL76

It's tricky to find them all sometimes with the "two" and 2 etc 

Edited by TringSilver
Added info

8 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Also, some people might watch or place a low bid on an item with say 9 days to run, or watch/ bid on multiples of the same item then come the final day, fight like cat and dog to win it...

...meanwhile, after they have watched/bid on the original items, more are listed on say a Buy it Now- but the fools don’t re-check the marketplace and could BIN much cheaper 😂 

2 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

Right then, I left a voice message with my AM to try pick up 3G and couldn't secure one on the website.

My AM has contacted me and has a 2 oz 3G silver!

If anyone wants it, let me know.

Quick replies please.

I've had a number of people interested in buying and I can see that prices are going a bit crazy.

I think it's best to wait until I've received the coin, got it in-hand and then I can take a look at it before offering it for sale.

I'll keep you posted 👍😀

I can’t find this on EBay?! Is there a direct link for my idiotic self, please? There are two I can see with 1 day and hours to go that are at £1,400 and £2,450......can’t see this one?! Cheers in advance!

eBay Item number 164717872908

3 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I've had a number of people interested in buying and I can see that prices are going a bit crazy.

I think it's best to wait until I've received the coin, got it in-hand and then I can take a look at it before offering it for sale.

I'll keep you posted 👍😀

Well done on getting one! I think you’ve made the right decision especially with the EBay prices appearing to be a bit unusual. Let the dust settle and then see what is happening. Or start a ten day auction on here and see what happens!!!

Edited by AndrewSL76

27 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

The cheapest Buy it Now RM Three Graces I can see is £2250

The lowest I can see is an Auction listing sat at £1200 with 3 days to run. 

Edited by richatthecroft

• Founder & Administrator

TSF have just put up this offer :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Wow. Thanks, Chris. I cannot believe that NGC are charging the higher rates. I guess it makes sense as they don’t assess the retail rate of a 1989 Sovereign!!!

I’m just surprised, that’s all. Well done to TSF and Coins of The Realm for offering this service. Perhaps my earlier advice on self grading is no longer so helpful.

This is a deal to snatch and run with, I think!

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Soak it in a 50/50 mix of Coca Cola and vinegar overnight and it should open easily.

(Edit: this is a JOKE. Do NOT soak your Three Graces in ANYTHING!)

no it's the capsule that needs sorting out, I was thinking cellulose thinners

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

21 minutes ago, ChrisSilver said:

TSF have just put up this offer :) 

Just occurred to me, how on earth will they assess the secondary market value if the price is fluctuating so much and will it be the secondary market rate as a raw coin or dependent on the grade? Anyone know??

2 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

no it's the capsule that needs sorting out, I was thinking cellulose thinners

On a serious note, if you have any of those plastic thimbles, they help with grip for these type of capsules. It’s a small twist and lift, rather than a big twist. The grip is what is needed to open these caps.

• Founder & Administrator

Just occurred to me, how on earth will they assess the secondary market value if the price is fluctuating so much and will it be the secondary market rate as a raw coin or dependent on the grade? Anyone know??

It is dependant on the raw value, as NGC have a fixed grading cost irrespective of what the grade the coin gets. But how they get they determine the value of the coin I do not know. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme