• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

51 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

2oz silver up to 3k. Which I find surprising (positively) at this point.

Screenshot_20210418-130220_Chrome.jpg

These will easily go over £3,500 (at the current time). Where they will settle in 12 months 🤷‍♂️ 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

2 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

These will easily go over £3,500 (at the current time). Where they will settle in 12 months 🤷‍♂️ 

I agree.

I think the 2oz silver will sell for around the £6k mark and then settle. Though there is a question as to whether the coin will sell for more at Coin Cabinet, rather than at Sovereign Rareties for the below reason.

There are two auctions coming up at the end of April - Coin Cabinet and Sovereign Rareties. (NB - the math below works equally well for Coins of the Realm as they also do not charge buyer premium, but please note importantly that they do charge less percentages to sellers if the seller is a paid silver forum member....could be better and worth selling through them as a result - as always please do your own math and research).

It will be interesting to see the prices compared between Coin Cabinet and Sovereign Rareties for the same coin (NB I would provide Coins of the Realm as an example if they also had a forthcoming auction with a 2oz silver PF70 Graces). This is because Coin Cabinet do not charge a buyer premium (the seller pays 9% plus VAT and the buyer pays the hammer price plus postage only) for the graded coins and Sovereign Rareties do (they charge 20% buyer premium plus VAT and the sellers do not pay anything - but note they take the hammer price only).

With that dynamic in mind, it will be interesting to see how the same coin does. 

As an example:

1. Coin Cabinet - Hammer Price is £6,000.00 - the buyer pays £6k plus postage, the seller gets £5,352.00 as the 9% is £540 and the VAT on £540 is £108.

2. Sovereign Rareties - Hammer Price is £6,000.00 - the buyer pays £7,440.00 (20% buyer premium of £1,200.00 plus VAT at £240.00) plus postage, the seller gets £6,000.00.

In theory, a buyer should pay less to Sovereign Rareties knowing the premium, right? Is it always that way? If so, and the buyer does pay less - perhaps £5K:

1. Sovereign Rareties - Hammer Price is £5,000.00 - the buyer pays £6,200.00 (20% buyer premium of £1,000.00 plus VAT at £200.00) plus postage, the seller gets £5,000.00.

I will come back to this post when the auctions have concluded. Anyone think, with this in mind, that it is better (keeping in mind that we have to compare the same coin across the auction platforms, otherwise it is apples and pears) to sell via Coin Cabinet or Sovereign Rareties - and likewise, where is the best place to buy??

Hope all this makes sense. I think I have set it out correctly!!!!

Nice breakdown. It's a fair assumption that if a coin is worth 6k, that's what the buyer will be looking to pay (in total) I would imagine.

As a seller, it would seem sensible to go for the lowest premium (if that's buyer or sellers overhead) in the context of a reliable, quality well used auction.

The other factor obviously being you might be able to sell it for 2%, but if no one is looking/buying...

If and when I sell my 2 oz silver I will likely steer clear of ebay. The coin cabinet for me seems to front runner but I will take a look at coins of the realm.

Edited by NewCoins

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I agree.

I think the 2oz silver will sell for around the £6k mark...

Out of curiosity why do you think 6k?

I think Sovereign Rareties were selling them direct for just less than 5k. I would need to double check that though 

5 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I think Sovereign Rareties were selling them direct for just less than 5k. I would need to double check that though 

Just gut instinct. People get carried away at auctions and pay more than they ordinarily would. 

I agree people price the fees in but I guess their is the odd person who might not check the premiums when bidding and get caught out. 

10.8% vs 24% fees is a big difference! I wonder if SR has the same market exposure that TCC has too, you can’t even sign up on IOS to SR I found. 

So on the 2oz gold if they are estimating 30-40k they are expecting buyers to pay 38- 50k ish. 

6 hours ago, NewCoins said:

https://www.sovr.co.uk/elizabeth-ii-2020-pf70-silver-2oz-three-graces-1st-day-of-issue-fm18712.html

👍

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

8 hours ago, jultorsk said:

I wonder how many have been sold at that price. I can be "selling" one at £50k, doesn't mean any have sold at that. I think this is the upper limit, there is no reason to pay more, so I would expect auctions to sell for less than this. Once the bulk of these come back from grading and are being offered, I suspect the price will drop as they will be easily available in a 70 grade, its not like an Una where they are a lot rarer.

10 hours ago, terakris said:

I wonder how many have been sold at that price. I can be "selling" one at £50k, doesn't mean any have sold at that. I think this is the upper limit, there is no reason to pay more, so I would expect auctions to sell for less than this. Once the bulk of these come back from grading and are being offered, I suspect the price will drop as they will be easily available in a 70 grade, its not like an Una where they are a lot rarer.

Equally it seems that a raw una went for 3.1k yesterday on ebay. I prefer that coin tbh but supply of both coins is similar as far as I remember. Perhaps una is 500 less, 3k vs 3.5k. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out both short, medium and long term.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2020-Three-Graces-2oz-Gold-Proof-Coin-/203350311077?nma=true&si=Jj0EBWj%2BnyREXPzZHFSTL6fpWJE%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

2oz gold Three Graces didn't get a bid and went unsold at list price this afternoon on FleaBay auction at £28,000

Thought there may have been a nibble for it, cheapest ive seen past month 

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/lots/view/4-29J7L4/2020-gold-200-pounds-2-oz-three-graces-proof-ngc-pf-70-ultra-cameo-6055744-001-box-coa Graded PF70 2oz gold ending on Sunday currently at £24,000

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2020-Three-Graces-2oz-Gold-Proof-Coin-/203350311077?nma=true&si=Jj0EBWj%2BnyREXPzZHFSTL6fpWJE%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

2oz gold Three Graces didn't get a bid and went unsold at list price this afternoon on FleaBay auction at £28,000

Thought there may have been a nibble for it, cheapest ive seen past month 

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/lots/view/4-29J7L4/2020-gold-200-pounds-2-oz-three-graces-proof-ngc-pf-70-ultra-cameo-6055744-001-box-coa Graded PF70 2oz gold ending on Sunday currently at £24,000

That one on eBay I know a few people who have had issues with the seller and impaired coins so that maybe why...

The 2oz on sovereign rarities 2oz gold is currently at over £31k if you include the fees. 

15 minutes ago, sovtsf said:

That one on eBay I know a few people who have had issues with the seller and impaired coins so that maybe why...

The 2oz on sovereign rarities 2oz gold is currently at over £31k if you include the fees. 

thanks @sovtsf :) never realised that, never dealt with them before 

looking at sovereign rarities looks like things are starting to pick up with bids, see the Una & Lion 2oz gold is at £44k already

Gonna be an interesting next five days as both auctions ends 

30 minutes ago, Paul said:

thanks @sovtsf :) never realised that, never dealt with them before 

looking at sovereign rarities looks like things are starting to pick up with bids, see the Una & Lion 2oz gold is at £44k already

Gonna be an interesting next five days as both auctions ends 

I had originally thought the 2oz Una would crack the £100k mark (or come very close, £85+). There’s still time, but a huge gap to cover!

2 hours ago, goldhunter said:

At the Coin Cabinet silver 2oz 3G PF 70 is at £3800 with 24 hrs remaining

Yes, it’s doing well for pre live bidding. Any thoughts on the other items. The silver 10oz is doing well at £4,900 and the gold 5oz is at £31,000. I’m thinking hammer will fall at the following:

5oz Gold (fdc) - £42,400

2oz Gold (70) - £38,000

2oz Gold (69) - £27,500

2oz Silver (70) - £5,750

10oz Silver (fdc) - £7,500

I know I am probably way over on the 2oz Silver, but I just think there will be a scrap for it on the day...

Still waiting for the 5 ounce Silver to shoot up : / 

It seems to have flown under the radar a little bit. Not many sales on eBay in the past few weeks, prices have dropped a fair bit since the initial few sales on release and I still haven’t seen any graded examples make their way to a real auction house yet. All it takes is one sale for these though and the market price is set. I will say, the five ounce is stunning in hand...

Actually, I think the 10-ounce silver is having the same problem. It’s strange to have the two sizes, as the thickness of the coin is just doubled if I’m not mistaken? The ungraded two ounces still seem to be hitting the 1800 to 2000 mark, so I’m not really sure what price to expect on the other two

10 hours ago, Aiden2343 said:

Actually, I think the 10-ounce silver is having the same problem. It’s strange to have the two sizes, as the thickness of the coin is just doubled if I’m not mistaken? The ungraded two ounces still seem to be hitting the 1800 to 2000 mark, so I’m not really sure what price to expect on the other two

The 10oz is the same diameter as the 5oz, just double the depth. Essentially, it is a piedfort £10 as both the 5oz and the 10oz are denominated at £10.

Good luck to all those bidding this afternoon! I have a few things in my eyeline and have placed some initial marker bids, none of which are the various iterations of the Three Graces!