• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

2 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Brits down to £29 only 65% over spot. I think the silver squeeze is still working.

Working to keep dealer premiums high is all, on that front its mission accomplished. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

On 25/04/2014 at 12:36, Pete said:

Buying a few coins at a time from a dealer is not like buying shares.

You can buy shares instantly and if the price has dropped 5% for a minute then timing is everything.

I would assume coin dealers like Atkinsons and the rest set their prices on a moving average and not a real time price.

Spot is updated every minute or so and you may see a little change in their prices but if the market gets hammered I very much doubt their prices will match sudden big dips. On market crashes you tend to find everything is sold out or unavailable - especially gold.

Real bullion dealers use live prices, not moving average prices, unless the moving average is over the last 10 seconds or so.

Gold prices change constantly.

Quoted spot prices might only get updated at intervals, but would typically only be a few seconds, depending on factors such as server loads and bandwiths.

Big prices swings can and will affect supply and demand of course, and this in turn affects dealers' stocks.

Chards

On 04/04/2021 at 16:02, seasianequation said:

Aren't they mostly electrum with copper in them etc? a bit more durable than 999.9?

They might be electrum if you went back to about 350 B.C., but most ancient Roman coins were gold, silver, copper, or brass.

Chards

6 hours ago, Zhorro said:

Any thoughts as to why?

Yes I think - Q3 earnings. Stocks are mostly in the red so peopler moving cash about to compensate. 
Thats largely a guess but for a sideways boring market its a good one.
Nasdaq down and they need silver (ie Tesla, solar companies)???
Mining stocks have not moved much though?

I have been waiting patiently for this as I want Polymetal. :)
Plus some physical from Europe Vat free. Could get interesting in August. 

Gold has also dipped below $1800 which is a major thing. 

The silver squeeze thing was such awaits of time. I wasted a week of my life for £300 profit. ;)

Edited by Stacktastic

I do see this as a test of my theses. I've had a view for several months that silver is in a box pattern, and moves within the box are permitted and to buy the dips. There's possibility of a wedge, but that's very hard to judge as this week broke though the wedge line, but not the box line. 

So I'm not worried, it's bending the trend not broken the trend. 

Screenshot_20210728-162453.png

3 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

Bitcoin has had the opposite trend the past day or so,

Quite possibly encouraged by the Amazon blockchain announcement ?

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

Well, cliff falling again!

Typical, I just locked in a bunch of silver earlier this morning....

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Just now, Bigmarc said:

Nfp?

non farm payroll data announce at 1330 our time in the US. Essentially the number of people in employment... A higher number suggesting economy is all rosy and productivity will be good etc AKA perceived positive news so safe haven assets with no yield like gold less popular. Good short opportunity