• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

18 hours ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

Probably also those who panic bought as part of that mini silver run have lost interest now. Once they realised silver wasn't shooting the moon 

I think this just judging by the way my brittanias sold on Ebay the week AFTER the short squeeze.
Tons of bids and I sold them for quite a profit - I think I sold 3 lots for £150-200 profit? 

Many bag holders I think, stop losses will start getting hit etc. 
Plus its the end of the financial year - 10 minutes will be interesting - red all round I recon. 
And yes Bitcoin is taking the limelight, but when that crashes back to 30k gold and silver will have its day. 
Probably around the time of stimulus package finishing and loads of people get sacked and evicted. Q4:)

18 hours ago, Stackermatic said:

I have no illusions about silver as an investment

My one issue with physical silver as an asset to trade with is it can mark/milk over time, takes up loads of space & takes time to shift, not to mention the risk of shipping or getting robbed. Silver mining stocks is way to go with a liquid 'asset' that should goes directly inline with the spot price and beyond especially with the decent juniors. Other investor sentiment comes into play, so if there is a mad panic like there was with Comstock / Lode the other day, you can see grossly over inflated margins. Im sure it was over 300%!! Crazy. Scalpers, day traders and swing traders. 

Thankfully I sold all my silver stocks the other week, I only own one now. 
Lets hope we see £14 silver again as I will be backing up the truck, well, digital wallet LOL. 
But as I have said I made money buying a selling physical, but its a real faff. 
Platinum too - I will probably buy into a physical ETF as Im very bullish on that. 

Come on Bitcoin get your arse in gear so I can get shot of you (especially the blockchain stocks). 😛

Edited by Stacktastic

3 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

My one issue with physical silver as an asset to trade with is it can mark/milk over time

this is the one thing I hate about silver, love the price, but hate the premiums and I'm always on edge hoping it doesn't milk spot. Gold might be expensive but at least you know there's a 99% chance it will still look the same after 4 years. 

16 hours ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

chance it will still look the same after 4 years. 

Or 400 years stored properly. ;)
It amazes me when they pull gold coins from Rome out the ground and they are still in good condition! 

Edited by Stacktastic

On 01/04/2021 at 09:59, Stacktastic said:

Or 400 years stored properly. ;)
It amazes me when they pull gold coins from Rome out the ground and they are still in good condition! 

Aren't they mostly electrum with copper in them etc? a bit more durable than 999.9?

• 4 weeks later...

Treasury bond news from the US is making the $ not look so good. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-prices-jump-to-start-may-trade-amid-subdued-dollar-bond-yields-11620047158?mod=mw_quote_news

Its not just the Reddit Apes

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

And back under £20 it goes!

Brought back down by gold, which fell below its weekly open.  Copper and Iron have been on the march all this year with scrap vehicles doubling in value over a short period of time.  There must be considerable pressure building on silver.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

9 minutes ago, Martin1983 said:

It it recommended to buy a 1oz gold coin over say 4 or 5 sovereign gold coins? Does a 1oz have a better resale value or more desirable?

This is not probably the best thread to ask such a question on but I'll give you my opinion.  If you're looking for re-saleability, the sovereigns are probably the best.  Only because as gold rises in value they are not going to become such a large value as an oz coin will be.  Others will have different views I'm sure.  Secondary market sovereigns are likely to be the closest to spot that you can buy and you'll be able to sell them easily just the same.  If you're looking at special 1 oz coins then all sorts of other variables come into play.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Danprice said:

Silver 1oz will go to £20 by the end of year?

I still think we can possibly see £16-17 silver soon, I just dont buy the 'it wont be in the teens again' stuff ATM. 
I have been holding cash from physical silver and especially silver mining stocks since March. 

Gold is really positioning itself for a unique buying opportunity if you ask me & weathers well in a storm. 
This might be one of several 2-3 year low points possibly??? I dont know ;)
Gold is the place to be on stocks as its due a pull back crash 😛
Inflation has reared its head & I think its inevitable now, but it wont happen overnight (probably). 

In a big shock (ie millions dropping dead), I can see £12-14 silver again personally - maybe £8-10 again (in my dreams). 
but thats not based on anything as i have no history & limited experience. :)
Depends on what happens with this Basell 3 thing, but I see it as a Brexit type BS event personally. 
Cant say I understand it really - but I have a good inbuilt bullshite meter & it smells bad.. 

I have a lot of time for Gareth Soloway's opinions he has been very accurate so far! Nice guy too. :)
Interesting his average buy-in strategy comments at the end.
Actually there are quite a few undervalued stocks - Fresnillio, Pan American, Fortuna ....
Especially when factoring in longer term battery/electronic use fundamentals and ignoring some the Mexican 
jurisdictional threats. 

Edited by Stacktastic