• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

On 13/08/2021 at 02:07, Stacktastic said:

I have said this before on this thread & people have disagreed, but I still think we can see £14 again as per last year. 
The notion that we will never see teens silver for me has been silly. Its Mike Baloney territory if you ask me. 
I will be backing up the truck on Britannias when I can get them for £20 a coin from Eurpope again. 

There's a fairly good chance IMO silver may dip further until it starts to climb to any heady heights. 

About time the GBP price thread saw some action.............

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

1 minute ago, Coverte said:

There's a fairly good chance IMO silver may dip further until it starts to climb to any heady heights. 

About time the GBP price thread saw some action.............

agreed

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Anyone find it strange that at a time we have shortages of food, gas, petrol etc, with associated rising prices, the one thing there seems to be no shortage of is... silver! 

Silver is down 13% over the past three months.

Silver-25-9-21.jpg

You can thank the paper markets for  that - its the biggest fraud in history. Give a man gun, he can rob a bank, give a man bank he can rob the world....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

7 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

You can thank the paper markets for  that - its the biggest fraud in history. Give a man gun, he can rob a bank, give a man bank he can rob the world....

I agree completely. 

I see several other "wrongs" with the current silver price (except for us buying more), and that is, given that we know US inflation is running above 5% (I am only using US due to the settlement layer FIAT and given that even if the UK Central Bank Plc didn't print any FIAT debt, we will still experience inflation due to US debt printing), the global microchip shortage, more and more vehicle manufacturers are pushing to have more electrified vehicles, you'd think and expect the price to go up.

Based on those factors alone, ignoring that we know there is an ever growing awareness of the real monetary value of silver among us common folk, the price of silver should at least be going up in line with inflation?!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

6 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I agree completely. 

I see several other "wrongs" with the current silver price (except for us buying more), and that is, given that we know US inflation is running above 5% (I am only using US due to the settlement layer FIAT and given that even if the UK Central Bank Plc didn't print any FIAT debt, we will still experience inflation due to US debt printing), the global microchip shortage, more and more vehicle manufacturers are pushing to have more electrified vehicles, you'd think and expect the price to go up.

Based on those factors alone, ignoring that we know there is an ever growing awareness of the real monetary value of silver among us common folk, the price of silver should at least be going up in line with inflation?!

100% buddy. Its just a central bankers dream.

Im Actually suprised this article has gone mainstream media. Fierstien is  right.

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/1495415/Financial-crash-covid-inflation-financial-crisis-boris-johnson-joe-biden

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Another thing I'm seeing is silver being increasingly offered in medicinal solutions. I've know about the healing properties of it for a while but you only need to look for colloidal silver, well known for it's anti bacterial properties. 
I'm reckon we'll start to see more and more use of this as our other medicines start to fail. 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

4 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

100% buddy. Its just a central bankers dream.

Im Actually suprised this article has gone mainstream media. Fierstien is  right.

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/1495415/Financial-crash-covid-inflation-financial-crisis-boris-johnson-joe-biden

I think the banksters know their game is up. 

Capitalism in it's current guise died in 2008, it's been kept on life support ever since. But since the Repo market crashed in September/October 2019 it's been dead, flat lining. 
I feel it's only a matter of time before the world wakes up to it as more and more information is getting out and people start to realise that we're about to enter a period of massive inflation for years. hence the massive push for CBDCs and the ultimate control of the system. 

The issue with the 2008 crash was that none of the banksters were jailed and there were no repercussions, so no lessons learned, bar the one for them that they will always get bailed out at the tax payers expense! 

5 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Capitalism in it's current guise died in 2008, it's been kept on life support ever since. But since the Repo market crashed in September/October 2019 it's been dead, flat lining. 
I feel it's only a matter of time before the world wakes up to it as more and more information is getting out and people start to realise that we're about to enter a period of massive inflation for years. hence the massive push for CBDCs and the ultimate control of the system. 

The issue with the 2008 crash was that none of the banksters were jailed and there were no repercussions, so no lessons learned, bar the one for them that they will always get bailed out at the tax payers expense! 

I remember listening to a youtube video but I cant remember who said it as watch so many finanical commentators. He said in the early 2000's wall street ran the world, now in the post 2008 market central bankers run the world and hes right.

Edited by HerefordBullyun

The bankers are keeping metals suppressed and to be honest they are doing well at it. But for some reason its met with members on here claiming they arent (you know who you are) despite unequivocal evidence.

In fact the "fiat system/credit/banking system" depreciates off metals anyway this is a fundemental fact so its the biggest proof of the truth.

The very act of Gold and Silver is seen as insurance in the Financial system alone is the smoking gun evidence.

Central banks control our planet - Its a farmed system disguised through the instrument of financial securities/"terms of art".

We are the cattle and we know it deep down. Most of the sheeple love their enslavement. Harsh reality. But I can admit it.

1 hour ago, Minimalist said:

The bankers are keeping metals suppressed and to be honest they are doing well at it. But for some reason its met with members on here claiming they arent (you know who you are) despite unequivocal evidence.

In fact the "fiat system/credit/banking system" depreciates off metals anyway this is a fundemental fact so its the biggest proof of the truth.

hand waving does not constitute evidence.

actually evidence is figures that can be calculated such as those from

https://www.silverinstitute.org/silver-supply-demand/

all of which you dismiss because they are evidence that prove what you currently have is not the whole truth.

We are the cattle and we know it deep down. Most of the sheeple love their enslavement. Harsh reality. But I can admit it.

the harsh reality is that you are being brainwashed into taking losing bets on silver by the physical silver pumpers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0SoKWLkmLU

lisa physical silver pumper: 'poor predictable bart minimalist, always takes rock silver'

bart minimalist: good ol' rock silver, nothing beats that'

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

1 minute ago, HawkHybrid said:

hand waving does not constitute evidence.

actually evidence is figures that can be calculated such as those from

https://www.silverinstitute.org/silver-supply-demand/

all of which you dismiss because they are evidence that prove what you currently have is not the whole truth.

the harsh reality is that you are being brainwashed into taking losing bets on silver by the physical silver pumpers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0SoKWLkmLU

lisa physical silver pumper: 'poor predictable bart minimalist, always takes rock silver'

bart minimalist: good old rock silver, nothing beats that'

HH

3E8832DB-3744-429D-AC8F-61D624A007C0.gif.1bd202d723f3cf87cdf83b5a0b11d9fa.gif

5 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

hand waving does not constitute evidence. Actually evidence is figures that can be calculated such as those from https://www.silverinstitute.org/silver-supply-demand/

HH

We hear from a Silver Institute sponsor Keith Neumeyer who is on the inside track that the Silver Institute is making numbers up. Their report is virtually worthless. No-one knows some of the numbers and the refiners keep some of the numbers a trade secret. i posted the video here - The 'actual evidence' is actually fictional figures. The precious metal market is rigged. It is a currency market not a commodity market. If silver were just something used in electrical devices (as some people actually think) then the need to manipulate the price would be much less. But it isn't a commodity, it is a currency, its money. Gold is a currency. Currencies are all managed. There is 'fiat' gold and silver - the paper metals which are created out of thin air.

All currencies are managed. The USD is defended by managing all other currencies. The USD is a matter of absolute importance. It is the life blood of the Western financial system. Gold and silver have to be manipulated to keep a shine on the dollar and by extension other fiat. 

If gold went to $5000 next week - if the Chinese said we are backing the yuan with gold and we are revaluing that gold. The USD would disintegrate the same morning. It would turn the world on its head. The current powers will fight and fight against the metals - they have to or their system evaporates. If you do not grasp that, none of what i say or what some others say can make any sense.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

9 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

3E8832DB-3744-429D-AC8F-61D624A007C0.gif.1bd202d723f3cf87cdf83b5a0b11d9fa.gif

here's the truth, in 2014 when I first got into metals I had all the same thoughts about the fed, printing etc that

you have now.(I've been there and have the coin dated physical silver to prove it) so don't make it out like it's

a revelation. the difference is I cross examined the figures that I can work out to be credible and they don't

match with information(which I now understand to be conspiracy theories). either all the figures from all the

different sources are wrong or the theories are wrong. so voicing to not buy silver at the highs hasn't done my

forum rep any good but have saved me from larger paper losses.

you can make progress(scissors and paper also exists) or,

you can take rock every time?

HH

18 minutes ago, sixgun said:

We hear from a Silver Institute sponsor Keith Neumeyer who is on the inside track that the Silver Institute is making numbers up.

keith neumeyer must be right,

but you can't explain to me why his figure of 1 billion toz in demand is correct when the same 1 billion toz in demand

claimed by the thesilverinstitute is made up?

and yet you insist on taking his word as if it were gospel?

Their report is virtually worthless.

you know what is actually virtually worthless?...

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

19 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

here's the truth, in 2014 when I first got into metals I had all the same thoughts about the fed, printing etc that

you have now.(I've been there and have the coin dated physical silver to prove it) so don't make it out like it's

a revelation. the difference is I cross examined the figures that I can work out to be credible and they don't

match with information(which I now understand to be conspiracy theories). either all the figures from all the

different sources are wrong or the theories are wrong.

How the f*ck can it be wrong when the existance of "securities" creates more claims on gold than there is actual gold. How is that a conspiracy theory?

Tell me, right, what happens when all the claims on gold, at the same time, or near a short period of time, ask for delivery? What happens to the price?

Tell me how, right now, how that isnt a ponzi scheme.

2 hours ago, Minimalist said:

How the f*ck can it be wrong when the existance of "securities" creates more claims on gold than there is actual gold. How is that a conspiracy theory?

Tell me, right, what happens when all the claims on gold, at the same time, or near a short period of time, ask for delivery? What happens to the price?

Tell me how, right now, how that isnt a ponzi scheme.

there is a time and a place for everything.

nothing goes up in a straight line.

for metals to correct might take years/decades.

consider this, it's been decades since the height of the british empire. yet each £ is still worth

more than $1. currently the top economy in the world yet each $ can't buy a £. how is that logical?

answer is it's not. but it takes time. the decades that have past is not yet enough time.

unless an emergency, in the night, if you run out of milk, it can wait till the morning.

there is a time and a place for everything.

(just so that you know that I'm not having a go at you personally. we've all been known to only

hold rock, come hell or high water. there is no shame in holding rock, everyone has done it. once

you've learnt to hold rock, you can use it as a stepping stone to discover more.)

there is a time when it's favourable to hold physical silver. but the charts say that that time is not

here yet. I never heard any forum 'price suppression' objections a few years ago when I said it was

favourable to hold gold for at least a few months or more. why do all these objections suddenly

appear when I say the price is likely to (overall)fall over the next 6 months or so?

for the trading of gold, a century amounts to next to nothing. for a person waiting, a century is a

lifetime wasted.

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

5 hours ago, Gruff said:

Here here.

But you reached the right conclusion via the wrong route. 

I work for a bank, I know of what I speak. Banks have made huge changes since 2008, they are now in a regulatory straight jacket. The bank I work for essentially operates as an arm of the government. Regulators learned the wrong lessons in my opinion, they didn't take the road of free markets they went deeper into regulation having the effect of making it virtually impossible for the bank to fail, it's "risk off" everywhere. You should see the sausage factory that is product design process. Everything is determined by regulators, I have plenty of examples of the government strangling the banks. There are no banksters in banks mate, only bureaucracy of the timid, no innovation, everything is safety first.

1 hour ago, GoldStandardPartyUK said:

Here here.

But you reached the right conclusion via the wrong route. 

I work for a bank, I know of what I speak. Banks have made huge changes since 2008, they are now in a regulatory straight jacket. The bank I work for essentially operates as an arm of the government. Regulators learned the wrong lessons in my opinion, they didn't take the road of free markets they went deeper into regulation having the effect of making it virtually impossible for the bank to fail, it's "risk off" everywhere. You should see the sausage factory that is product design process. Everything is determined by regulators, I have plenty of examples of the government strangling the banks. There are no banksters in banks mate, only bureaucracy of the timid, no innovation, everything is safety first.

The private / public banks are just fall guys, shells for the public purse to bail out.  The real action takes place amongst the 'elite international crowd' who hang out in cliques such as Bilderburg and Davos.  Numerous other groups exist where simply vast amounts of accumulated wealth and resources are controlled.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

4 hours ago, sixgun said:

We hear from a Silver Institute sponsor Keith Neumeyer who is on the inside track that the Silver Institute is making numbers up. Their report is virtually worthless. No-one knows some of the numbers and the refiners keep some of the numbers a trade secret. i posted the video here - The 'actual evidence' is actually fictional figures. The precious metal market is rigged. It is a currency market not a commodity market. If silver were just something used in electrical devices (as some people actually think) then the need to manipulate the price would be much less. But it isn't a commodity, it is a currency, its money. Gold is a currency. Currencies are all managed. There is 'fiat' gold and silver - the paper metals which are created out of thin air.

All currencies are managed. The USD is defended by managing all other currencies. The USD is a matter of absolute importance. It is the life blood of the Western financial system. Gold and silver have to be manipulated to keep a shine on the dollar and by extension other fiat. 

If gold went to $5000 next week - if the Chinese said we are backing the yuan with gold and we are revaluing that gold. The USD would disintegrate the same morning. It would turn the world on its head. The current powers will fight and fight against the metals - they have to or their system evaporates. If you do not grasp that, none of what i say or what some others say can make any sense.

You cant educate deluded Keynesians mate, they are always apperently right and very deluded.

Only two things to know...

You aint buying no physical silver for the price showing at the top of this page, currently £16.39.....

You wont be selling your physical silver for the price showing at the top of this page, currently £16.39.....

Have a great weekend.

7 hours ago, HawkHybrid said:

keith neumeyer must be right,

but you can't explain to me why his figure of 1 billion toz in demand is correct when the same 1 billion toz in demand

claimed by the thesilverinstitute is made up?

and yet you insist on taking his word as if it were gospel?

you know what is actually virtually worthless?...

HH

When two people come up with the same number one or other could be making that number up - they could both be making it up.
What he says is the numbers are not actually known. He says the big users don't release their numbers - so consumption can only be guesstimate. 
Keith actually says in the video that consumption isn't known. i expect he has chosen to take the Silver Institute report figure which he rubbishes. They are both making the consumption figure up. i am not here to defend anyone but the truth.

The silver market has been in deficit (allegedly) since at least 2007 which is the earliest figure i can find right now but i remember in 2016 / 17 i looked and counted it was 13 years. So we are going back to near the turn of the century it has (allegedly) been in deficit.
i have asked elsewhere - where is this silver coming from to fill the deficit? i never get an answer. To say it is in deficit you have to know all the input and output numbers. It appears these numbers are not known. I would wager there are entities which like to keep it that way. If it were known for a fact that the silver market was running on fumes - that it was teetering on the edge, well that could up set the apple cart. Maguire today when speaking of Kinesis said they were in the market for 100's of tonnes of silver, and keep looking - and have to pay premiums. That one of their main silver refiner suppliers in Russia was now rationing customers. i have heard solar panel manufacturers are scratching around for supply. It only needs the likes of Apple to get spooked and every ounce of silver on the planet could get vacuumed up. So just in time supply and opaque numbers with a few soothing words has kept things ticking over. 

Imagining the prices will languish for decades is just not joining the dots. There is inflation roaring away. Have you seen your bills? We will fall off the energy cliff in the next very few years when the energy cost of getting energy just doesn't add up. Cheap energy a thing of the past. There will not be enough energy unless someone invents cold fusion or something equally clever. The biggest cost of mining and refining the metals is energy. Precious metals are stores of energy - when energy prices jump, either gold and silver go up or the miners stop.

There used to be $5 to £1 before WWII. The wars destroyed the country. The biggest mistakes was entering WWI and then WWII finished the country off. 
The US is not the biggest economy - those numbers are fake. The United States went bankrupt in 1931.  It is beyond a complete basket case now. China is the powerhouse of the world by a long way.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, Uksilverstackers said:

Only two things to know...

You aint buying no physical silver for the price showing at the top of this page, currently £16.39.....

You wont be selling your physical silver for the price showing at the top of this page, currently £16.39.....

Have a great weekend.

Boomshakalaka ain't that the truth!! :lol:

Slightly off topic for the UK... but something that should bring a smile to some faces!

Chris Marcus from ArcadiaEconomics has finally created Silver Ben and his Helicopter

Interesting piece on Wall Street Silver about the projected life of silver extraction (mining) in various countries - add in the increasingly expensive energy costs and the fiat currency depreciation and it is a no brainer to imagine silver will be through the roof and flying passed the Moon. As i keep saying - it is not a matter of if, it is simply a matter of time before the price of silver takes off. i keep stacking. So sad i had that tragic boating accident and had to start from square one again.

Edited by sixgun