• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

@Roy i have a passion for silver.  
"..
but 1.39 billion phones are sold every year." Yes and s
ilver will be recycled more and not end up on the municipal tip. It hasn't been worth it to recycle but it will become so.
i have answered all the questions now, let's get back on track.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

SLV - the banksters' stash is progressively falling as PSLV rises.

Keep going, drain the swamp.

https://twitter.com/JimForsythe5/status/1374115158210060293/photo/1

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Busiest months for Perth Mint - JAN & FEB 2021 

Listening to the breakdown of the figures is certainly interesting ..................... whilst the spot prices are not setting the world alight demand looks to be off the charts 

Enjoy and form your own conclusions or comment below guys 

On 21/03/2021 at 02:16, Roy said:

Should silver go to £50oz spot price, what would the forum sale price be? £75oz?

A kilo bar would be £2400.

What would the dealers charge (inc. VAT and premium)?

On 21/03/2021 at 01:15, Robda1986 said:

I've seen so many times people predicting silver will rise (I'm sitting on a pile regardless) my issue is its just had the perfect set of conditions to move and it's barely shifted (mass media attention, drop in interest rates, physical limitations on availability, people re evaluating their finances and savings as well as possible uses in masks) I get its under valued I just don't see how it can move now 

IMO, silver is going nowhere anytime soon, people are wanting it to live up but it’s not going to happen, whatever the reason it don’t matter.

it will only rise in price when there is a collapse in the current fiat currency system and then a reevaluation of all debts will take place and everything else until then you can buy silver now or next year and it’s going to be roughly the same price.

26 minutes ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

Went to check silver spot price today, saw this and almost had a heartattack before I noticed the weight measurement 😓😅Screenshot_20210328-203253_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a73065399893ace9de85ed47c608921c.jpgScreenshot_20210328-203253_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a73065399893ace9de85ed47c608921c.jpg

I know what you mean if your on a phone don't tap the price at the top of the screen shown on the forum it swaps between gbp aus usd and euro I thought silver had jumped to over 35 per oz before realising it was in aus dollars 🤦‍♂️

Silver is going into free fall. It looks like I made a foolish investment. Here's me still waiting after all these years for the economy to collapse, fiat currency to implode and hyper inflation to rage across the nation. And what are the chances of that ever happening? Zero! 

OK, I get it now. I bought into the hype. I followed the savvy silver crowd thinking I was smarter than the average investor by thinking I made a once in a life time invest before all doom. That I will be able to wipe my mortgage out when silver hits 3 figures 

I was sucked in and s h i t out by the great silver investment quasi scam. I ****ed up, I made a fool hardy invest. I feel like a knob. Oh and I don't give a rats ass about how beautiful silver maybe, about how I love to look at my stash and about how much I believe this is an undervalued asset. I invested in it to get rich. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Well it was a bullshit investment. 

Edited by Erolroller

5 minutes ago, Erolroller said:

Silver is going into free fall. It looks like I made a foolish investment. Here's me still waiting after all these years for the economy to collapse, fiat currency to implode and hyper inflation to rage across the nation. And what are the chances of that ever happening? Zero! 

OK, I get it now. I bought into the hype. I followed the savvy silver crowd thinking I was smarter than the average investor by thinking I made a once in a life time invest before all doom. That I will be able to wipe my mortgage out when silver hits 3 figures 

I was sucked in and s h i t out by the great silver investment quasi scam. I ****ed up, I made a fool hardy invest. I feel like a knob. Oh and I don't give a rats ass about how beautiful silver maybe, about how I love to look at my stash and about how much I believe this is an undervalued asset. I invested in it to get rich. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Sorry to hear that bud.

Silver can be a great investment if you do your homework and get in at the right time and price.

Unfortunately I'm guessing alot of people were drawn in buy the squeeze.

Hold on to it if you can afford to and who knows it may shoot back up one day.

Best of luck 👍

Edited by Spence098

25 minutes ago, Erolroller said:

And that's why you should diversify your portfolio my friend .

My dad always told me , in business or in this case in investment you have two pockets , you put your profit in one pocket and your loss in the other pocket , it is impossible to always make profit , there will always be losses but as long as  your profit pocket is heavier than the other pocket you are winning .

And that's what diversifying helps you to achieve , when one investment is not doing so well , there is a chance that your other investments are generating profit .

At the end of the day we live and we learn .

Good Luck

Edited by Nick1368

21 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

This is a common misconception about silver, many invest in silver to keep their wealth, not grow it. 

Remember, you haven't lost anything until you cash out, so if you can afford to hold it, do so until the time is right, one day silver will be worth more than you paid for it, whether that same money would be worth even more than that if it had been invested in something else is anyone's guess. 

It is a rather contrary way we view fiat currency. People complain about slumping silver prices whilst forgetting that their money year on year has paid for less and less meanwhile our salaries have stagnated. I would have loved to have been paid part of my salary in gold and silver 

Edited by TutoredSoup232

16 minutes ago, Nick1368 said:

in my opinion cash in moving from Precious Metals into Crypto at the moment .

Probably also those who panic bought as part of that mini silver run have lost interest now. Once they realised silver wasn't shooting the moon 

51 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

This is a common misconception about silver, many invest in silver to keep their wealth, not grow it. 

Remember, you haven't lost anything until you cash out, so if you can afford to hold it, do so until the time is right, one day silver will be worth more than you paid for it, whether that same money would be worth even more than that if it had been invested in something else is anyone's guess. 

It's not really a store of value though is it? Gold is a far better store of value. Silver is currently at the same price as 30 years ago while everything else costs 3+ times more! I have no illusions about silver as an investment - I buy it cause I like owning physical (real) money. I never bought it to get rich. But I do believe in the laws of supply and demand and its very possible there will be a silver squeeze sometime in my life. So for now, I hold, covet and admire my stash.

42 minutes ago, Drawga said:

any speculation as to why its going down? hedge fund liquidation ? evil pixies?

Probably "smart" money. They need to cover their massively leveraged longs in stocks and other commodities (OIL!) so metals are an easy dump.

My view is simple i lost 6.5% of my buying power last year to now due to inflation, are there better investments than silver and gold yea. All investments are a gamble. Would I invest knowing what I know now, me yes. Silver is a means to an end. Do I expect silver to climb in value as an average, yes. History has a habit of repeating itself. Do I think the price is rigged to a degree. yes. Will I hold what I've got silver wise some yes most no  

41 minutes ago, Robda1986 said:

My view is simple i lost 6.5% of my buying power last year to now due to inflation, are there better investments than silver and gold yea. All investments are a gamble. Would I invest knowing what I know now, me yes. Silver is a means to an end. Do I expect silver to climb in value as an average, yes. History has a habit of repeating itself. Do I think the price is rigged to a degree. yes. Will I hold what I've got silver wise some yes most no  

Sure hindsight is always best. Best thing I learnt over the years - cost averaging. I just set a date and bought Bitcoin every 2 weeks no matter the price. And you can see the Bitcoin chart now :) Doing the same with metals and stocks. As long as the bull market keeps going I will always win. Of course if we enter a bear market, if I just keep buying the average comes down with it. And ir doesn't have to be big money either - just throw some in that you will not miss (1% of salary even). Not financial advice, but talking from own experience. Gotta look at it long term.

Edited by Stackermatic

Its looking like Janet yelled might increase the interest rates so nomreturn metals are being sold to purchase bonds, added to hedge funds having to clear out after the bloodshed on shorts taking some to the woodshed is being felt globally, everyone's after returns, even investment funds are running now in buying shares in baseball cards, basketball, soccer etc showing returns of 300% in 7 months in 9ne case i read...either way, slow gold just isn't giving anything in return for right now which is a great time to get in, when people run out you run in unless you smell smoke.

With Basel 3 coming into effect in June I'm inclined to think prices of silver and gold are being kept low/pushed lower so banks can hoover up cheap metal to cover the 85% reserved funding requirement for derivatives. It'll be interesting to see what happens post June 28th.

1 hour ago, Timbo45 said:

With Basel 3 coming into effect in June I'm inclined to think prices of silver and gold are being kept low/pushed lower so banks can hoover up cheap metal to cover the 85% reserved funding requirement for derivatives. It'll be interesting to see what happens post June 28th.

The etc is dropping but the actual metal?...not so much, suppliers are charging 50% premiums on silver, let the try that with gold.

55 minutes ago, Martin1983 said:

How much did you invest my friend goodness me, whatever it was keep that silver in a safe place and I’m sure at some point in the future you will get your money back or make some money, but NEVER invest everything into the one assets.

gold and silver bugs such as Jim Rickards state this it’s a smaller % of your portfolio.

at some point in the future gold and silver will reset to a higher value as the currency system is dead, it’s just a matter of time.

but no way will silver hit the thousands people think it will rise at some point though.

Exactly, no more then 15% of your portfolio...the dow is over 33,000...that should take care of a drop if you were only holding 20k or so...I have sold off almost two thirds my silver then got into high premium or historical which has grown a bunch this year...hold firm or in and out but jumping when you smell smoke can be someone lighting up a cigar to celebrate the frightened running out.

19 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

The etc is dropping but the actual metal?...not so much, suppliers are charging 50% premiums on silver, let the try that with gold.

That's the annoying thing 😂, we get hit with big premiums but I wonder what the banks buying 1000ozt bars by the pallet are paying? Given most of the institutional stuff probably never leaves a vault but has a different 'property of' sticker stuck on it, I doubt they're paying massive premiums and they'll be clawing back the vat.

I agree though, the price of silver for us normies is a different beast to spot/paper market trickery.