• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

2 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

The silver and gold markets show how rigged the system is, everything is exploding in price except for pm’s.

oil also dropped yesterday. ~1.4%.

1 hour ago, Uksilverstackers said:

Definately rigged.

Looking at A Silver / Copper chart, something has changed around the 20 July 21 as Silver inversed from copper. May be just a glitch or something more, I have no idea.

5086FFF7-B99E-4672-BB2C-7089296CE976.jpeg

that is because copper is more weighted to following the group that included the us stock market that rose yesterday.

it's like how gold made an all time high in 2020 but silver did not. short term divergence happens all the time otherwise

they would be 100% correlated and not 60+% correlated.

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

7 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

The silver and gold markets show how rigged the system is, everything is exploding in price except for pm’s.      Boe saying inflation might get to 4% not sure what they are looking at.    Notice the Internet providers and electric started putting prices up by inflation plus 4%.      
food prices going up fast this will be the straw that breaks the camels back

Found this not sure how up to date it is (because of silver) but shows the 12 month price rises and what is to come.   
think BOE need to get calculators out

1A5B0C4B-2C8C-4911-BE10-48E0F6B39183.png

F0979448-08DD-446D-9D4F-253536D5F501.png

1B1F1FE0-31D9-4414-94D8-7401EDABFC15.png

159CD3EE-D1AF-4774-8D35-18A67421A8A8.png

4D8F8289-87F5-4568-99CD-2E7E886F4B0F.png

5 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Peanuts are down, that'll balance it out

Time to test the theory of being able to live off peanut butter :lol:

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

18 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Peanuts are down, that'll balance it out

one of the most important figure is that rice is stable.

there are pockets of stability such as sunflower oil.

people are flexible, it's not about averages as people will flock towards the most practical options.

HH

On 06/08/2021 at 21:37, Coverte said:

history always repeats

I reaslide this thread is way off topic now. but

I am starting to thnk that everything is cyclical & either has to work like that or is manipulated to do so.
It either cant be changed or has to be manipulated to keep things in check. Kind of like the old disk defragmenters in Windows 😛
Planets, animals, commodities, the weather, my wife's ovaries - and possibly also the socio-economic climates / this reality / consciousness. 
i have still not looked into it but this plandemic thing is very similar to the one that happened exactly 100 years ago. 1920 I think?
If this preposterous theory is even slightly accurate - we all know what followed that!!. 😛

But maybe link this to a more positive light based happenings - like the 60's & the peace/hippy movements 50 years ago. 
These big (almost global) shifts in socio-political and economic occurrences, might well be part of a cyclical system??
Just a thought considering most of the world around us to a microscopic level is cyclical and based on a known algorithm/mathematical formula. 
Its a little Truman Show - but Im gonna go through history - look at major global upsets (ie black death, Napoleon, renaissance) and see if this is a thing. 

21 hours ago, Uksilverstackers said:

Definately rigged.

Looking at A Silver / Copper chart, something has changed around the 20 July 21 as Silver inversed from copper. May be just a glitch or something more, I have no idea.

5086FFF7-B99E-4672-BB2C-7089296CE976.jpeg

You cant ignore a correlation like that - you may have somehting there, but I am not chart expert. :) 

Edited by Stacktastic

4 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I think everyone here knows that silver spot price is down from over £18.50 to about £17.50 since Thursday 5th August.

Why all the discussions about why, what caused the drop, inflation, etc.?

Just happily accept the price drop, and get buying.

Action not words! 🙂

Looking forward to the discounts given to forum members. 😁 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

53 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Why all the discussions about why, what caused the drop, inflation, etc.?

some people would rather bend every truth out there than to admit that they were wrong.

the fact that you were suggesting that silver prices were likely up due to hype not so long ago,

and hence the fall back... not important because they must be right and you must be wrong.

so now all of the 'explanations' of how you were wrong is coming out.

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

9 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

some people would rather bend every truth out there than to admit that they were wrong.

the fact that you were suggesting that silver prices were likely up due to hype not so long ago,

and hence the fall back... not important because they must be right and you must be wrong.

so now all of the 'explanations' of how you were wrong is coming out.

HH

That's all entirely consistent with what I said.

If you look, I was advising to ignore all or most of the hype which was aimed at talking silver demand and prices up.

I don't know what has happened to the hype, because I don't take much notice of it.

Any potential buyers who ignored the hype, and waited, now have a more favourable buying opportunity.

I think that makes me right, unless we are being Alice Through the Looking Glass.

Of course, nobody knows where the silver price is going next, except for the rather eccentric TSF member who forecast it to imminently crash to $4 about a year ago. I forget his name.

🙂

Chards

11 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I think that makes me right, unless we are being Alice Through the Looking Glass.

29 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

if it came down to a democratic forum vote then there will be a landslide vote that you were wrong :D

HH

41 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

if it came down to a democratic forum vote then there will be a landslide vote that you were wrong :D

HH

I would be happy for you to organise one.

I believe I normally write clearly and without ambiguity. I am intrigued to know what I said which you appear to have misconstrued.

Chards

37 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I would be happy for you to organise one.

I believe I normally write clearly and without ambiguity. I am intrigued to know what I said which you appear to have misconstrued.

there's no ambiguity about it, but it will only be you and me whom would vote that you were right.

I can see all other forum members voting that you were wrong. (let's not allow facts to get in the

way of a vote).

it is said that scientifically a tomato is a fruit, but culturally you should not mix it into a fruit salad

with the other fruits. some people will recognise this whilst others will demand a change in all

relevant cultures, so to be 'corrected' by the science.

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

Maguire is saying that the usual suspects are trying to get out of their unallocated paper positions before January 2022. This has been going on for quite a few weeks now. The price gets worked up and down and they try to offload their liabilities. This week as usual they knew what NFP was before hand and how it would be spun to take gold down. There was big time spoofing went on before the waterfall price move - and this is in the face of a couple of Bank of America traders getting convicted this week in a show trial for spoofing. So much for the 'crack down on the practice' as advertised by the controlled media. The fall in gold pulls down silver and the banks square off their paper silver at the same time. Suggested that we'll see more volatility and antics for the rest of the year.
Gold and silver went into backwardation which was pounced on and there will be physical being demanded as a result - there is a price to pay for the bankers' games these days - so we could see a bounced next week depending on how much physical gets demanded.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

21 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

there's no ambiguity about it, but it will only be you and me whom would vote that you were right.

I can see all other forum members voting that you were wrong. (let's not allow facts to get in the

way of a vote).

it is said that scientifically a tomato is a fruit, but culturally you should not mix it into a fruit salad

with the other fruits. some people will recognise this whilst others will demand a change in all

relevant cultures, so to be 'corrected' by the science.

HH

I suspect you have been reading too many of @Minimalist's posts! 🙂

Chards

The metals got smashed at the open tonight. Long time since i saw these moves. Presumably they were gunning for the lows of last November and September - didn't make it that low. Low volume trading levels, probably less chance of retaliation and consequences, looking to flush out stops - the usual gangster MO of old.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

9 minutes ago, sixgun said:

The metals got smashed at the open tonight. Long time since i saw these moves. Presumably they were gunning for the lows of last November and September - didn't make it that low. Low volume trading levels, probably less chance of retaliation and consequences, looking to flush out stops - the usual gangster MO of old.

Yep, was literally just browsing some dealers, never seen it move so fast! 

Do you all have an actual target for the price when looking at the up and down. When I had my allocation in the more liquid paper form I was always pretty concerned about the hammerings.

It is a bit weird that since shifting over to physical I pay attention but now I am much more inclined to just buy drops. I guess I was not planning to sell unless there was an emergency.

Maybe just desensitised after 10 years of watching the consistency of it.

I did say I thought I had enough Physical silver now...but it is looking pretty nice. The silly premium looks less painful. Maybe swap some of my gold over...

3 hours ago, Sparkie said:

Do you all have an actual target for the price when looking at the up and down. When I had my allocation in the more liquid paper form I was always pretty concerned about the hammerings.

It is a bit weird that since shifting over to physical I pay attention but now I am much more inclined to just buy drops. I guess I was not planning to sell unless there was an emergency.

Maybe just desensitised after 10 years of watching the consistency of it.

I did say I thought I had enough Physical silver now...but it is looking pretty nice. The silly premium looks less painful. Maybe swap some of my gold over...

I have said this before on this thread & people have disagreed, but I still think we can see £14 again as per last year. 
The notion that we will never see teens silver for me has been silly. Its Mike Baloney territory if you ask me. 
I will be backing up the truck on Britannias when I can get them for £20 a coin from Eurpope again. 

Just hope there is another squeeze as I sold them all in Feb :)

Bought a lot of £30-33 mexican, Scottsdale bullion so need to make up that loss. ;)
Not to mention the 5 x 2oz completers last week  :(

Edited by Stacktastic