• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

2 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

They want to flush out all the retail investor long positions before they buy everything and it becomes unaffordably expensive. It could happen in an hour.. 

Maybe, but i doubt it will not in a hour. 

NFP the figures are good today 943,000 i think some of the money in Gold/silver has just been moved into other areas.  I myself think the demand in silver will increase when the world comes out of restrictions. 

33 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

non farm payroll data announce at 1330 our time in the US. Essentially the number of people in employment... A higher number suggesting economy is all rosy and productivity will be good etc AKA perceived positive news so safe haven assets with no yield like gold less popular. Good short opportunity 

From experience Non Farm payrolls do not necessarily state the strength or weakness of the US economy.... How the markets can say because of that everything is rosy is amazing..... 🙂  but the markets are looking for areas or high returns and PMs isn't cutting it at the moment so there is always an over reaction

The interesting thing is that there's little chance that the economy is going to be doing great for quite some time to come yet.  A few more jobs opened up certainly does not make a return to normal, this is more like a trading opportunity for that story which is still far over the horizon.  If the economy really was back in full swing, along with inflation, industrial demand for silver would likely be in a bit more buoyant.  Gold I can understand, but silver is going to play a key role in this 'so called' green revolution.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

I disagree, the U.K. economy booming and will continue to do so.  Even economists are predicting the fastest economic growth for 80 years.  

The EY Item report predicts growth at approx 7pct.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 hour ago, dicker said:

I disagree, the U.K. economy booming and will continue to do so.  Even economists are predicting the fastest economic growth for 80 years.  

Best

Dicker

Well it certainly would be good... but we are paying for Brexit, Covid and seeing increasing inflation.... the growth they predict may just get us back to flat from the last 18 months... but 7%.... well not sure about that

1 hour ago, dicker said:

Best

Dicker

I think the economy is full of contradictions. 

When you walk down the high street, the number of shops that are permanently closed and empty is depressing.  In the UK I think about 1.9 million people are still on furlough.  Personal inflation seems to be raging (higher electricity and gas prices announced this morning).

If the economy is doing so well, why are interest rates so low?  If they can't be raised now, when can they be raised?

I agree that large companies seem to be doing ok, hence the stock markets are near all time highs.

I think what is driving things is Government spending (and debt).  When this is turned off, we might see a very different picture.

1 hour ago, dicker said:

Best

Dicker

i would say, let's consider the effects of the scamdemic on businesses. Many have been destroyed. Economies around the world are still reeling from the lunacy going on.

Imagine an economy were graded on a scale of 0 - 10. It normally plodded along at 5. Now imagine it had been crippled by the scamdemic and was registering 1. Then it is projected it will pull itself up to 2. The economists can say, not for 80 years since WWII (when it was bankrupted and bombed flat), has the UK economy increased so fast. The observer who is not playing with statistics, just looking at the world would say it still looks pretty bad to me - it might have doubled but 2 x next to nothing still ain't much.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 hours ago, dicker said:

Best

Dicker

There are lots of opposing indications.  Big vs small is a very different picture.  Lots of small players in the building game are doing very nicely at the moment.  They've never been so busy as people want extensions and the like added to their properties.  There has been a large inflation in the price of materials, and a fair few issues with availability.  How much of that is really demand?   And how much of it is lack of supply?  It's certainly true that labour is busy which indicates that there is strong demand currently.  But on the other side of that equation is supply issues.  During lockdown, bags of plaster quadrupled in price.  Plasterers were selling van loads of it that they'd stacked up on job sites before the closure and electing to stay at home instead.

There is definitely still an artificial supply constraint which has confused things in just about every sector.  Lumber is supposedly at an all time low availability, they can't chop it down quick enough and it's hard to get hold of for the little guy at times (worldwide).  But there are rumours of huge stockpiles being laid in by big players in the states, which are being accumulated rather than used.  Who knows whether they will be using it this year or not.

Sunak is complaining that restrictions must be eased sooner, or there will be damage to the economy.  This is in direct opposition to the IMF and talk of huge growth this year in the UK.

I remain mindful of all those trillions given away in largesse. They will have to have an impact on real inflation at some point and I'm reasonably confident that some of that money ended up being saved by people in lockdown and is now working it's way into home improvement and building projects.  How much longer it will go on is anyone's guess.  Perhaps higher energy prices will start to cool things a little.

If the recent announcements on the green revolution come to pass across the west, demand for industrial metal will surely rise.  I can see some divergence between gold and silver in this case.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

Depends what angle you are looking at it from. My partner works from home. For the last year has barley left the house. Her company is probably doing better and more productive because of this. Through here eyes everything is booming. 

I work in manufacturing, we have 6000 employees, 2000 per shift. Things are slightly different from this angle. Parts. There are monthly part disruptions. Everyone gets furloughed. Track and trace.. there are huge groups of employees who put their phones in the same box daily. If one person gets pinged then a couple of hundred go with them. Because of this the company has only been able to run at one third production. No losses are recorded because the government pays for it. There is a huge backlog of work that could take years to clear. So the jobs are there but is the profit there?.

I think things will only properly pick up once all restrictions are gone in all countries. Track and trace needs to go and I've not personally known anyone to be off with actual covid.

For my two penneth worth. We will see a roaring twenties scenario when the whole covid pandemic settles and full herd immunity kicks in. But it's simply a false economic scenario. The banking cartel will continue to manipulate silver to hide real inflation.  The can is firmly being kicked down the road until the housing market and derivatives bubbles which they already are. The stress tests aren't simply worth the paper they are written on bit like the fiat you possess and the comex SLV certs.... Welcome back to the biggest depression ever.... 

The thing is is with the BBC and mainstream they only want you to see and hear what the government and deep state tell you. One word-  Psyops. 

You are literally watching now politicians polish turds economically. The banking cartel once already have primed the pistol at the governments head and will hold it to thier heads  them again.

A massive ship of fools and the boat is only sailing one way. We are mere plebs and treated so. I still believe just keep stacking and carry on but also dry and long life foods and water. I think silver will drop further but just continue to buy. 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

10 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

For my two penneth worth. We will see a roaring twenties scenario when the whole covid pandemic settles and full herd immunity kicks in. But it's simply a false economic scenario. The banking cartel will continue to manipulate silver to hide real inflation.  The can is firmly being kicked down the road until the housing market and derivatives bubbles which they already are. The stress tests aren't simply worth the paper they are written on bit like the fiat you possess and the comex SLV certs.... Welcome back to the biggest depression ever.... 

The thing is is with the BBC and mainstream they only want you to see and hear what the government and deep state tell you. One word-  Psyops. 

You are literally watching now politicians polish turds economically. The banking cartel once already have primed the pistol at the governments head and will hold it to thier heads  them again.

A massive ship of fools and the boat is only sailing one way. We are mere plebs and treated so. I still believe just keep stacking and carry on but also dry and long life foods and water. I think silver will drop further but just continue to buy. 

Well for my ounce worth your spot on. Will they get to the CBDC first or the breaking of the COMEX? It's tyranny or freedom in my opinion.

18 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Absolutely nailed it, history always repeats - I have yet to read or listen to any professional anylyst who is not alarmed by the eventual and apalling inevitable fallout of reckless money printing in USA, EU & UK (UK the biggest in % terms).

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

2 hours ago, Coverte said:

Absolutely nailed it, history always repeats - I have yet to read or listen to any professional anylyst who is not alarmed by the eventual and apalling inevitable fallout of reckless money printing in USA, EU & UK (UK the biggest in % terms).

Must be a select range of analyst. Its not as reckless as you think, propping up markets so the economies dont go in to full recession and collapse.  Its been over 12 years since we embarked on QE in the west and Japan has been doing the same policy for decades without the "inevitable" fallout.  Global markets and massive cross boarder flows of capital have made the old models redundant. 

5 hours ago, Martlet said:

Must be a select range of analyst. Its not as reckless as you think, propping up markets so the economies dont go in to full recession and collapse.  Its been over 12 years since we embarked on QE in the west and Japan has been doing the same policy for decades without the "inevitable" fallout.  Global markets and massive cross boarder flows of capital have made the old models redundant. 

Ok so - are you sayng the crash of 2008, is just a nothing then? And the next one wont be worse? No bail outs? Dont you think the west will be japanified economincally?

Dont you believe that the 99% arent mere plebs - we are a bunch of nothings. 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Ok so - are you sayng the crash of 2008, is just a nothing then? And the next one wont be worse? No bail outs? Dont you think the west will be japanified economincally?

I'm simply observing that the expected negative effects of looser monetary policy have not occurred yet, despite being in place for over a decade.  2008 was managed with bailouts and QE with little economic fall out, instead we've had steady growth and low inflation.  With a decade of evidence, longer with Japan, we need to adjust our understanding of how QE and bailouts act upon the economy. 

5 minutes ago, Martlet said:

2008 was managed with bailouts and QE with little economic fall out, instead we've had steady growth and low inflation.

2020 is same but with no growth and being managed with all the associated Covid bailout money being stuffed in as much as they can to prevent economic fallout.

Steady growth? Why is BOE is still stuffing £850 Billion into the system with no end in sight.

20 minutes ago, Uksilverstackers said:

2020 is same but with no growth and being managed with all the associated Covid bailout money being stuffed in as much as they can to prevent economic fallout.

Steady growth? Why is BOE is still stuffing £850 Billion into the system with no end in sight.

Right, just like 2009. Then from 2010 on... growth.  Yes, its supported by QE (my point), as yet without huge inflation and negative fallout we'd have expected.  When expectations are not met with evidence, change expectations. 

Overall point is, there are many analysts that are not alarmed by the current policy, some might even say its not enough. The silver and gold prices are responding to the mixed messages with sideways/weakening as the economic outlook is relatively positive. 

Edited by Martlet

19 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Right, just like 2009. Then from 2010 on... growth.  Yes, its supported by QE (my point), as yet without huge inflation and negative fallout we'd have expected.  When expectations are not met with evidence, change expectations. 

Overall point is, there are many analysts that are not alarmed by the current policy, some might even say its not enough. The silver and gold prices are responding to the mixed messages with sideways/weakening as the economic outlook is relatively positive. 

How can you call anything growth when the dilution of the spending power of a currency is happening? Growth when the taxpayer picks up the tab? Are you are part of the 1% who dont pay any tax and then have more spending power. Silver prices arent responding to this they are blatently being manipulated by the banking cartel on the crimex. The US debt clock showing real time prices in silver proves this. 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

The silver and gold markets show how rigged the system is, everything is exploding in price except for pm’s.      Boe saying inflation might get to 4% not sure what they are looking at.    Notice the Internet providers and electric started putting prices up by inflation plus 4%.      
food prices going up fast this will be the straw that breaks the camels back

47 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

The silver and gold markets show how rigged the system is, everything is exploding in price except for pm’s.

Definately rigged.

Looking at A Silver / Copper chart, something has changed around the 20 July 21 as Silver inversed from copper. May be just a glitch or something more, I have no idea.

5086FFF7-B99E-4672-BB2C-7089296CE976.jpeg