• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 minutes ago, Gordy said:

These are one of the best designed bars out there from a mint (BYB, do amazing ones too lol)

Surprise, but where I previously got 100g for £90, yesterday was around £105! … yes I know spot went up, but bet they still had it already bought and in stock!

22 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Delivery of some items from the Royal Mint -- came in yesterday. I have to say, the new Lion of England bullion gold coin is very nice!! It looks even better in real life. At first I was skeptical, but I've been converted...

The new 100g silver minted bar is also nice, but the premium is quite hefty.

IMG_20220225_112856.jpg

IMG_20220225_112954.jpg

IMG_20220225_112922_1.jpg

Super nice delivery for a Friday!

Those RM bars. I'd love a 10oz and 100oz bar. But as everyone has remarked those bars carry a premium

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

52 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Delivery of some items from the Royal Mint -- came in yesterday. I have to say, the new Lion of England bullion gold coin is very nice!! It looks even better in real life. At first I was skeptical, but I've been converted...

The new 100g silver minted bar is also nice, but the premium is quite hefty.

IMG_20220225_112856.jpg

IMG_20220225_112954.jpg

IMG_20220225_112922_1.jpg

Think RM made a mistake by bringing out the Panther as the 1st in the series as I reckon it would have put a fair few off. I’m gonna be going for the 1/4 bullions and 2oz silver bullions myself

Managed to get this beauty today, probably one of the last one struck.

First glance, an almost perfect coin,

second glance, spot on observe by queenie's forehead,

third glance, bullet holes by the right hand of the lion and tiny bits missing frosting peppered the reverse.

Hate RM QC shenanigans, however the Capsule feels suprisingly nice in comparison to the other coins I recieved recently. 

Does anyone have exiperence with NGC conservation, do you guys think they can sort out the spot on the observe?

Input needed, should I keep the coin or trying to get one restruck for me? Many thanks🐿️!

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

Edited by Jeremyzed

23 minutes ago, bilko said:

Just received this gorgeous 2oz of super shiny from @LiquidMetalsUK, so tactile and stunning. in hand, can't thank you enough

IMG_5778.jpg

IMG_5779.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

I've discovered the hand poured stuff is my fav silver to get for keeping in the long long term. Leave to the grandkids kinda silver. Feel same way about the stuff I've got so far as I feel about my 'found coin collection" IE coins I've found metal detecting, I've bought and sold better examples of duplicates in collection but couldn't part with those.

That said I do sell duplicates of hand pour but that just means I can get more hand poured! 

Edited by Dakaras

3 minutes ago, Jeremyzed said:

third glance, bullet holes by the right hand of the lion and tiny bits missing frosting peppered the reverse.

Hate RM QC shenanigans, however the Capsule feels suprisingly nice in comparison to the other coins I recieved recently. 

Does anyone have exiperence with NGC conservation, do you guys think they can sort of the spot on the observe?

Input needed, should I keep the coin or trying to get one restruck for me? Many thanks🐿️!

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

I would say on the obverse conservation would sort that spot no problem it’s just surface residue but the reverse is a different story. In all honestly I don’t think it’s that bad. I’m pretty fussy and see these as minor issues. I could live with these problems…I’ve seen far worse.

53 minutes ago, matt1r said:

I would say on the obverse conservation would sort that spot no problem it’s just surface residue but the reverse is a different story. In all honestly I don’t think it’s that bad. I’m pretty fussy and see these as minor issues. I could live with these problems…I’ve seen far worse.

Yea I have seen far worth myself too,one of the first set of coins I got from the mint in the platinum jubilee collection, the 2 coin 50p set I posted here a month ago had their edged bit off by a QC inspector, I assume that was during the standard procedure for them to check the gold content of the coin😉. But I think there is no chance for my Gothic crown to be a 70 with these sort of issues then? Haven't got too much exiperence in determing the grade myself, what do you guys think?

Edited by Jeremyzed

1 minute ago, Jeremyzed said:

Yea I have seen far worth myself too,one of the first set of coins I got from the mint in the platinum jubilee collection, the 2 coin 50p set I posted here a month ago had their edged bit off by a QC inspector, I assume that was during the standard procedure for them to check the gold content of the coin😉. But I think there is no chance for my Gothic crown to be a 70 with these sort of issues then...

I wouldn’t be so sure, I’ve seen far worse 70s by ngc 😂 If the spot is removed and the other side is either overlooked or put down as a production flaw you may still get a 70.

At the end of the day it’s your call but my opinion I think it’s a decent coin and 70 is not out of the question.

31 minutes ago, matt1r said:

I wouldn’t be so sure, I’ve seen far worse 70s by ngc 😂 If the spot is removed and the other side is either overlooked or put down as a production flaw you may still get a 70.

At the end of the day it’s your call but my opinion I think it’s a decent coin and 70 is not out of the question.

I will most likely keep it, but I will still sent my man the pictures and ask for the possiblity of a restrike😉!

Edited by Jeremyzed

2 hours ago, Jeremyzed said:

Does anyone have exiperence with NGC conservation, do you guys think they can sort out the spot on the observe?

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

Lovely coin but after purchase you should not have to think about conservation , reverse side look fine to me .

49 minutes ago, Jeremyzed said:

Thanks, it's the royal mint though... So I guess I have learnt to deal with it. You think the tiny crater by the lion's paws there is no big deal right?

Yes that is a very small blemish next to the lion 👍 I think under magnification most proof coins will have some marks or faults if they were a result of manufacture they will not effect grading results .

2 hours ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

These turned up today, along with a load of airtite capsules. Should keep me going for the next 40 years!

20220225_212731-01.jpeg

Those tubes full or empty?

Full ,I give up.

Empty,think you need help 🤣

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 hours ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

These turned up today, along with a load of airtite capsules. Should keep me going for the next 40 years!

20220225_212731-01.jpeg

If those are full Greyhound tubes you can bring a lot of pleasure to this forum for the next 40 years 

Edited by dikefalos

19 minutes ago, Jeremyzed said:

Got these monrachs the other day, was super scared when I saw the weird swirly mark on queenie's cheek on the obersve initally.(ps: don't want to draw on her face, I hope you guys can spot the marks)

However upon comparison to my other JC portaits on my other 2oz sized coins(Gothic silvers) it seems to be present on all of my 1-2oz coins including the gold 2oz monarch. It is just particularly pronounced on the monarchs' coins especially the 1oz silvers. What do you guys think could have caused this weird but super neat effect, is it just how metal flows under the pressure of the die?

So I don't really think it is milk spotting on the silvers given the fact the gold coins has the same mark?

Ps: all the coins in the pictures are monarch coins, two silvers and one gold.

Ps: anyone know whats up with the QC stickers' business with RM, they only had it on half of the coins I got and they are all over the place, some on capsules, some in the box, the only consistent thing is all the coins with the QC stickers had QC issues lol.

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

A 95 years old Queen with a smooth cheek would be looking kind of unreal. No die error, just good job by JC.