• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First Charles III portrait coins

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

Well, it will be limited - but we won't know the final mintage for a while

Personally I will still be going for the silver 50p and 1 oz silver version just for the prosperity of having the first charles coins. 

Flippers gonna be flipping mad about this!

Look forward to the video of you sending them back 😜

Edited by LightningSilver

Just now, AR03 said:

I guess bad for both......I like to collect knowing that it is/will be a limited edition.

Agreed. I bought some trainers recently, partly because they were very limited. I wear them and it's not something I would ever sell (who would want my smelly trainers).

Same applies to coins. There isn't anything "special" about owning something that is ten a penny.

Surely we all want those limited/hard to get coins in our collections ?

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

Whether we like the new mintage system or not, it’s a smart move by the RM.

They’ve basically undercut the flippers by doing this - at least for a reasonable amount of time.

Yes but your going to have a lot of first time buyers getting their fingers burned here thinking this is a hot item and not realising the valuable stuff is limited editions. A lot of naive people about to lose their money.

If it's unlimited then just do bullion, the proof premium isn't worth it for unlimited runs

Flippers will be crying into their sleeves about it but collectors/investors like to pick these things up knowing they have something rare and sought after. If that exclusivity is gone then so is the interest for a lot of people. There's a chance I'll get something eventually for posterity but nothing fancy. 

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

Flippers will be crying into their sleeves about it but collectors/investors like to pick these things up knowing they have something rare and sought after. If that exclusivity is gone then so is the interest for a lot of people. There's a chance I'll get something eventually for posterity but nothing fancy. 

Yep, reckon they’ve shot themselves in the foot on this one… 🤔

not sure it's either if it's readily available with no/low demand

Bang on. 

By the sounds of it the limited editions will be the larger than 1 oz gold, silver versions of the "ounce" versions. They are not in the normal list. 

I suspect there will be some items here that are limited so collectors and flippers will likely still have some things to go for. 

In many ways having a very limited number of say 5 oz silver coins against the millions of 1 oz will make the 5 oz very sought after. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

This is only referring to 1 oz sizes.

They have also included the 1/4 oz gold too. 

2oz versions or bigger will be limited. 

rm.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

Bang on. 

By the sounds of it the limited editions will be the larger than 1 oz gold, silver versions of the "ounce" versions. They are not in the normal list. 

I suspect there will be some items here that are limited so collectors and flippers will likely still have some things to go for. 

In many ways having a very limited number of say 5 oz silver coins against the millions of 1 oz will make the 5 oz very sought after. 

I hope  the case.   Unlimited kills the market for everyone.   

1 hour ago, Colnago said:

Anyone got a back door link for RM? 

hit speed dial 4 seconds before 9.00 

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

10 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Yes but your going to have a lot of first time buyers getting their fingers burned here thinking this is a hot item and not realising the valuable stuff is limited editions. A lot of naive people about to lose their money.

If it's unlimited then just do bullion, the proof premium isn't worth it for unlimited runs

It’s not “unlimited”. They’re just higher mintages than usual.