• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First Charles III portrait coins

2 minutes ago, SidS said:

This will always be the Les Dawson crown to me now - and it STILL looks better than the Churchill.

i cant take credit for it - spotted it on a BookFace group - so borrowed it 

1 minute ago, Zhorro said:

I still think it is the better of the two Five Pound coins, but I still can't understand why is it necessary to release two Five Pound coins.

Why is it necessary to release two £5 coins, two commem £2 coins and two or more commem 50p coins every year?

2011 was the worst year so far, how many 50ps for the Olympics?

Who is giving this release a total miss on Monday ??

I'm thinking of it - and just watch things from the side lines - hoping Ive made the right decision

I don't see Charles holding the same appeal & fondness of the QEII. 

Also to compare to popularity, demand & secondary market value of other Royal family releases ie Queen mother, Prince Phillip, William and the Fresh Price of Bel Air & Queen of Hearts oh so regal divorcee wife 

Aside from the new sovereign & next Great Engravers series when it comes out that may be me done with RM new "Charles" releases 

Opinions ??

I won't be buying it.

I've been boycotting RM products since the mid-2000s when they went like stamps and commemoratives went into total overdrive. I would have loved a basic, bog standard BU (or even proof) set of circulating currency from all years from 1970 to date. However, once you get to the 2006 era onwards the prices go so high. So many £2 coins, £5 coins, 50ps and then even the 10p coins joined in.

I though, "To hell with this," So I cashed out of decimal almost entirely and terminated all my collections at 1967.

All remaining decimal coins I own came from change and change only - no commemoratives - I throw those back into circulation. I only keep definitive designs. So I will get a Charles coin one day, but it'll be circulated.

Edited by SidS

3 hours ago, Paul said:

I'm thinking of it - and just watch things from the side lines - hoping Ive made the right decision

Also to compare to popularity, demand & secondary market value of other Royal family releases ie Queen mother, Prince Phillip, William and the Fresh Price of Bel Air & Queen of Hearts oh so regal divorcee wife 

Aside from the new sovereign & next Great Engravers series when it comes out that may be me done with RM new "Charles" releases 

Opinions ??

I am in, if I manage to get through the queue, for the silver 50p anyway.

Not fancying the chances though.

If its unlimited, I won't be buying.

4 hours ago, Paul said:

Opinions ??

I’ve never really liked any of the various themed 50p designs over the last several years - they may be honouring people and events worth being honoured, but those one-off annual and topical commemorative designs have never appealed to me personally.

I much prefer classic and timeless themes.

So this 50p is right up my alley.

The shield design bookends QE II’s Coronation Crown.

Combine that with the fact it the first 50p of KC III’s reign.

So fingers crossed I will be able to snag one.

Another reason to give it a miss is the sweeping price increases they've applied to every product today.

For example:

• BUNC 50p packs have gone up from £10 to £11
  • BUNC £5 coins have gone up from £13 to £14.50
  • 1/4oz Gold Proofs are now £725(!)
  • 1oz Gold Proofs are now £2725
  • 1oz Silver Proofs are now £99.50
  • Cripes!

28 minutes ago, Petra said:

🤔unfortunately most of us don’t have a nice friendly RM account manager!🫢

Those won't be from the AM, it helps making relationships with a few dealers it's taken me years to build up contacts.      Many collectors do nothing to help themselves and just want to complain or feel hard done by  when others have put in the hard work and hard cash over the years. 

6 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Another reason to give it a miss is the sweeping price increases they've applied to every product today.

For example:

• BUNC 50p packs have gone up from £10 to £11
  • BUNC £5 coins have gone up from £13 to £14.50
  • 1/4oz Gold Proofs are now £725(!)
  • 1oz Gold Proofs are now £2725
  • 1oz Silver Proofs are now £99.50
  • Cripes!

I clocked that today.........

£2,900 for a £5BU sovereign

£1,280 for the Piedfort 2022 proof sovereign 

£1,195 for a Gold Proof 50p

😳