• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First Charles III portrait coins

1 minute ago, Shinus73 said:

They can't really win in the court of coin collecting opinion on this one.

Nobody likes big mintages, but if there was ever an occasion for an unlimited range, then surely this is it.

Lots of people want them, as 50,000 in the queue testifies to. 

It would seem unfair to end up with only the lucky first few onto the website getting anything. 

Yes, I get that - but virtually NO limited coins...? Apart from way overpriced 5oz and 10oz Silver coins? Lunacy...

I closed the browser in disgust once I realised they were Milking us all for "unlimited" mintages... I'm done with RM - unless they do something sensible with the 2023 sovereign (which I seriously doubt now) then they've had the last money from me that they're going to have...

Honestly, I can't be bothered with any of those.

If it's unlimited until Dec I've got better things to spend my money on right now so who cares today?

But when it comes down to it, they are just flat out ugly looking coins & I don't want a super large version of those pictures when the world if full of much prettier looking coins for less money.

In theory maybe one day I'll sell my little collection, but in practice I only buy the ones that are beautiful to me for now.

Ps I'm still around 8,279 in the queue on Edge, while I've been into the site & gone again on Chrome.

Edited by Essendie
because

17 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Any idea on the mintage for the gold or is that unlimited?

I got through online just as I posted here and it appears I was misinformed, sorry. It's not as limited as I was lead to believe. Hard pass.

3 minutes ago, Essendie said:

Honestly, I can't be bothered with any of those.

If it's unlimited until Dec I've got better things to spend my money on right now so who cares today?

But when it comes down to it, they are just flat out ugly looking coins & I don't want a super large version of those pictures when the world if full of much prettier looking coins for less money.

In theory maybe one day I'll sell my little collection, but in practice I only buy the ones that are beautiful to me for now.

Agree. The only nice design is the 50p. The rest are unpretty.

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Well a cheap day for me £0.00 spent, greedy money grabbing feckers, it's like they've got a license to print money 

I'll be spending more on my spoons breakfast then the RM today......Even the piedfort gold 50p is unlimited at 2.4k 🤣🤣🤣

If the 10k set had a proof £5 sov in there I would have bought one. 

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Well a cheap day for me £0.00 spent, greedy money grabbing feckers, it's like they've got a license to print money 

We call them "money grabbing feckers" but what about when we come to sell them? £100-£200 on top and we call it a cheap once in a lifetime opportunity 🤣