• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Elizabeth II "Piedfort" Gold Proof Sovereign Platinum Jubilee

Paul

As a matter of interest folks do you think the demand for the 2022 Platinum Jubilee collection will increase? 

It’s been pretty understated IMHO (Silver anyway) …. It’s just that I know someone 🙃 who has the full set 2oz PF70 , 5 & 10oz raw.. 

May be abit late to this but I've ordered one (the annual set that is from RM) with an expected delivery of 3 months as a keepsake for my 3month old daughter.

Question is, do we think it'll come with Charles on?

Edited by mustynewb
Edited

29 minutes ago, mustynewb said:

May be abit late to this but I've ordered one (the annual set that is from RM) with an expected delivery of 3 months as a keepsake for my 3month old daughter.

Question is, do we think it'll come with Charles on?

Good question!

I saw the ‘delivery within 3months’ line as well, picked up the definitive and full 2022 annual sets myself (funds wouldn’t  allow a 2022 Sovereign ☺️)

Don’t mind if they do take 3 months - which would take us in to December- but hadn’t considered which monarch would be on the coins 🤔

Hope it is still ‘Lillibet ‘- would be a nice way to remember Her Maj 🙂

1 minute ago, Scootermuppet said:

Good question!

I saw the ‘delivery within 3months’ line as well, picked up the definitive and full 2022 annual sets myself (funds wouldn’t  allow a 2022 Sovereign ☺️)

Don’t mind if they do take 3 months - which would take us in to December- but hadn’t considered which monarch would be on the coins 🤔

your card isn't charged until dispatch of the item, so sometimes a RM delay can be a good thing if you are between pay days / pink lint 

2 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Good question!

It will still be the queen, I have no doubt of that. If not, then you have an equally historic set of the first coins of Charles. Not only that but the first year that circulation coins had both monarchs on them 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

your card isn't charged until dispatch of the item, so sometimes a RM delay can be a good thing if you are between pay days / pink lint 

True, but my bank does ‘reserve’ the cash, so in effect I have already paid… just doesn’t show on the Statement until it’s despatched.

The quintuple I returned because of the poor quality has been replaced, originally I was going for a refund but changed my mind at the last minute, considering events of the last few days I am glad I did. The replacement seems to be perfect! nothing like the first, I studied it through a 2.5 loupe under a good light and cannot find a fault (keep in mind I am new at this!) the replacement was No. 160 whereas the first was something like 370 so how does this come about? does anybody know how the coins and the numbers are actually allocated and distributed?

If the coin is as good as I think (how do I find out?) would the knowledgeable on here recommend having this graded? its one for keeps but my daughter may have other ideas. Thanks for your help on this.

I try to buy gold with my head and silver with my heart, sometimes..........I just get it wrong!

Just now, danieldorkins said:

The quintuple I returned because of the poor quality has been replaced, originally I was going for a refund but changed my mind at the last minute, considering events of the last few days I am glad I did. The replacement seems to be perfect! nothing like the first, I studied it through a 2.5 loupe under a good light and cannot find a fault (keep in mind I am new at this!) the replacement was No. 160 whereas the first was something like 370 so how does this come about? does anybody know how the coins and the numbers are actually allocated and distributed?

If the coin is as good as I think (how do I find out?) would the knowledgeable on here recommend having this graded? its one for keeps but my daughter may have other ideas. Thanks for your help on this.

@GoldDiggerDave will be best to advise on grading and for such a special coin, I'd likely get it graded to both future proof price and protect from accidents. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, danieldorkins said:

Mine arrived today and was a lowish coa and was ordered two days ago. Think it's random 

48 minutes ago, danieldorkins said:

You can send me some pictures even better a small video, if there is tiny issues it’s not a deal breaker most of the time and the still grade MS70DPL. 

The NGC grade them negatively  on “Post production” damage so even if a coin is not 100% perfect the defect is pre production so does not negatively effect the grade in many cases. 

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

2 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

You can send me some pictures even better a small video, if there is tiny issues it’s not a deal breaker most of the time and the still grade MS70DPL. 

The NGC grade them on  negatively  on “Post production” damage so even if a coin is not 100% perfect the defect is pre production so does not negatively effect the grade in many cases. 

Thanks, that's really helpful, I have a reasonable camera but if that fails I know someone who could possibly help so will get back.

I try to buy gold with my head and silver with my heart, sometimes..........I just get it wrong!

Just now, JeffM said:

We knew that the SOTD Sovereign was special.  Now, I think it’s even more special.  I don’t believe I’ve seen these available at any dealers, so it’s probably a great seller’s market out there.

They are nice, the proof Piedfort 2022 is the last proof sovereign of QEII reign.  

2 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

They are nice, the proof Piedfort 2022 is the last proof sovereign of QEII reign.  

Yep, I consider myself very fortunate to have the 2022 proof, SOTD and the Piedfort which arrived on Thursday.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

1 hour ago, CaptCaveMan said:

Yep, I consider myself very fortunate to have the 2022 proof, SOTD and the Piedfort which arrived on Thursday.

Nice mate. Grab a bullion and then you have all versions of the same coin. I was gonna do the same but just let my 3coin set go so don't have the proof sovereign any more. 

2 hours ago, Ukbullionfan said:

10 years time the piedfort sov will be worth ????

I would guess around 5-6k more if the currency has been hyper inflated away.Look at the relative price and premiums now on the proof 1989 sovereign  they were not even universally liked and the RM struggled to sell them at first.